My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

She's attactive, well spoken, not an idiot, and has acted in a fair few high profile and successfull films, and maintained her celebrity status without degrading it but doing a topless shoot or the like.

also, she's hot as the sun. 

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's a pretty thing, but nothing outstanding.

That sounds terrible, like I've got a queue of supermodels at my door, but you know what I mean.

Honestly, if she smiled at me at a bar, I would be flattered.

Of course, I'd be flattered if a moose gave me a flirty look. Pretty girls, not too hot, but definitely above average treat me the best.

Average girls for some odd reason treat me like dog doo doo.

How many rooms does the house have?

Went to view a house this evening. 

Very nice, almost perfect, don't have the deposit for it :(

Help to buy equity loan not an option if it's a new build?

That's how my wife and I managed to get ours.

Our options were a 1950's 3 bedroom house which needed work and a 95% mortgage, or a new 4-5 bedroom house with a 5 year guarantee on everything and only a 75% mortgage. 

We've just remortgaged to pay off the help to buy part rather than let it grow as house prices go up, and to fix our interest rate for the next 10 years.

Hope you're taking advantage of the tax relief on the HTB ISA too. You can put in £1,200 the first month, then £200 a month from then and the government gives you at 25% bonus, meaning if you max it out after 4.5 years with £12,000 deposited you get an extra £3,000 which isn't to be sniffed at. The smallest bonus is £400 so you need to have at least £1,600 in the ISA to get it.

While I can't hear a bad thing about Emma, I'm too embarrassed and too modest to fantasise about her. She's all what Tink said in my eyes, but sooooo unreachable looking.

Jennifer Lawrence on the other hand is getting me the hots.

Same treats but a high 'girl next door' level. The 'slobber' kind of girls next door

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Jennifer Lawrence is hot and all, but Emma Stone is my favourite.

I do have a thing for Natalie Dormer too. She has something about her that says she'd do unspeakable things to me.

Also, new builds. If you buy one, make sure that you check the boiler warranty has been registered and the unvented cylinder (if fitted) has been registered with the local authority.

Just been dealing with a IIRC Barratt Homes customer who has a warranty fault with a boiler they forgot to register the warranty on. The manufacturer says the installation essentially doesn't exist and because it's so new, none of the parts are on general release yet.

Its not a new build, sadly. That is an option and with the equity loan makes them much more affordable but we're just browsing the market at the moment. 4 bed detached with decent garden and integral garage up for 244, which is pretty good going up here. Good access links to everywhere we want to be, as well.

Oh well, que sera sera and all that.

Also, new builds. If you buy one, make sure that you check the boiler warranty has been registered and the unvented cylinder (if fitted) has been registered with the local authority.

Just been dealing with a IIRC Barratt Homes customer who has a warranty fault with a boiler they forgot to register the warranty on. The manufacturer says the installation essentially doesn't exist and because it's so new, none of the parts are on general release yet.

I wish they'd ban warranties in the UK, they're mostly used against consumers to confuse them and deny them their legal rights. As the boiler was bought from Barratt Homes the home owner should be dealing with them not the manufacturer. It's up to Barretts to either repair, replace or refund, not the manufacturer.

Its not a new build, sadly. That is an option and with the equity loan makes them much more affordable but we're just browsing the market at the moment. 4 bed detached with decent garden and integral garage up for 244, which is pretty good going up here. Good access links to everywhere we want to be, as well.

Oh well, que sera sera and all that.

The other question is are you a first time buyer? If so, definitely put money aside into the HTB ISA so you get that extra 25%. Nowhere on the high street gives that much of a return!

I wish they'd ban warranties in the UK

I sell spares for a living, I do too. ;)

The new crop of boilers coming out are like, 7-10 year warranties. Impossible to make any money on from a repair POV.

It's up to Barretts to either repair, replace or refund, not the manufacturer.

Correct. This is what is currently happening.

You'd love the boiler at my parent's previous house then, it breaks down at least once a year and they had just found out the boiler maintenance contract they've been paying for didn't cover it for the past 18 months (they got a refund thankfully). Still, that's someone else's problem now, they moved into a bungalow last weekend as dad has hydrocephalus and despite having a shunt fitted, the pressure in his brain builds up and eventually he decides he wants to sit down, while going upstairs, without turning around. So far he's done it twice, the last time he managed to pierce under his lip with a bit of the banister, hence the need for a bungalow.

I noticed Barratt Homes stopped offering their 5 year warranty on everything about a year after we got ours. We managed to blag a free washing machine and dishwasher (which then got upgraded as the one they installed had a whopping great dent in the door!), and have only had to call someone out for each once, both to do with drainage as the kitchen installers drilled the pipe holes up high in the side of the sink's cabinet, so any food/fluff that's left in the pipe settles back down at the appliance end.

Managed to get them to give us free carpets and vinyl too, then upgrade the stairs' carpet with a much plusher version as they damaged the original using expanding foam to try and stop the landing creaking. Also got them to cover £5K of stamp duty, so it pays to ask when buying new.

In other news, the school I work at had Sir Ian McKellen here this afternoon. I unfortunately didn't get a chance to see him (I was secretly partaking in a telephone interview hoping to jump ship), but he gave a talk on his work with Stonewall, and recited some Shakespeare for the kids before having to dash off to catch a train back to London. 

You know what I don't get? Why women reject you by saying "I have a boyfriend". Because if I was a super weird stalker, do you think your boyfriend is going to keep me away? I mean think about it? Stalkers and serial killers are pretty clever people, you'd have to be if you make hats out of people's scalps. What's going to stop him from killing your boyfriend and making a lampshade out of his thighs and then force you into his basement 'split' style?

And this 'not hurting your feelings' is something a woman worries about. I respect women who say 'no, sorry I'm not interested'. Let's me know they are not interested, without insulting my intelligence, while still perserving both our egos.

This is the stuff I think about when I'm on the craper.

You know what I don't get? Why women reject you by saying "I have a boyfriend". Because if I was a super weird stalker, do you think your boyfriend is going to keep me away? I mean think about it? Stalkers and serial killers are pretty clever people, you'd have to be if you make hats out of people's scalps. What's going to stop him from killing your boyfriend and making a lampshade out of his thighs and then force you into his basement 'split' style?

And this 'not hurting your feelings' is something a woman worries about. I respect women who say 'no, sorry I'm not interested'. Let's me know they are not interested, without insulting my intelligence, while still perserving both our egos.

This is the stuff I think about when I'm on the craper.

Because unfortunately, there are a large amount of men who have been brought up to think of women as property that should rightfully belong to men.

To those men, a woman who simply doesn't want to be with them isn't acceptable, but a woman who cannot be with them because they are already 'owned' by another man is acceptable.

You're right, people should be honest and tell unwanted suitors politely that they aren't interested, but for a woman in certain parts of the world that can be a very risky proposition. Women have literally been killed for it.

*fruitcage*ed up societal roles on gender hurt everyone.

Okay, fair enough.

The biggest irony, is men like that now go to sociopathic lengths to entrap naive women by being Nice GuyTM And then making the womens life a living hell. Women do the same thing too, they are called borderline's.

I know, I dated a couple of some. That's a worse hell than some might think. I know women have things bad, but a sociopath has no eyes for gender, color or creed.

Also, there is no difference between violently raping someone, and trying to have sex with an unconscious person. But, call me a moralist, if I think that should be common sense.

Honestly, more honesty is what we need more of in first world countries, especially when it comes to gender related issues.

Edit: watching too much news lately..

Argh! I'm on my own supporting a school with 1500 pupils and 200 members of staff. If I'm not in my office then I'm not available to provide help. So why does one teacher insist that I have to go to her room to show her how to open a bloomin' video file rather than do it remotely???

I've managed to blag my way onto her laptop remotely to do it, but she was insistent earlier that only helping in person would do. She's so wet too!

Sometimes I wish I could use that language!

Just had a call now from an annoying user who's just woken their laptop up from working on it from home (rather than shutting down), and it wasn't connecting to the school's wireless.

Told her to reboot and you'd think I'd asked her to kill her first born!

Then after spending a good minute complaining about having to reboot, she eventually does, the computer comes back on the network but before I can get her to check she can send emails (the initial problem) she darts off to class without logging in!

That's just a single access point, in schools and large offices you have a mesh of access points, a work laptop will also have a lot more going on with it when it's used, and used for longer, so Windows is more prone to play up. It doesn't like being left running for weeks without being rebooted, whereas if you're just browsing the web for a few hours a night it will trundle along happily hibernating for months before you need to do a reboot.

Having old equipment doesn't help. We've got PC's that are 8 years old in one computer room, probably older elsewhere in the school.

The WiFi network switches have to be rebooted every couple of weeks (it's done nightly via mechanical power timers), otherwise they struggle to manage with laptops moving around.

What should happen is a laptop connects to the AP with the strongest signal, say AP01, then as you move around, the WiFi network switches detect that the laptop has a stronger signal with AP02 so it must be closer to AP02. The switch then disconnects the laptop from AP01 and connects it to AP02. 

If we don't reboot regularly, it keeps the laptop connected to AP01 even though say AP15 is closest. Due to the distance, the WiFi network is basically friendzoning the laptop, it's connected but there's not a strong enough connection for meaningful communication. If the laptop moves completely out of range of AP01 then it will re-connect to the nearest AP (normally kids come up with library laptops saying they can't log on and it works in my office).

We approached the manufacturer for support, they insist on a maintenance contract before they'll offer any help. They want over £2K per switch annually, and we have 6 switches, at a time when the school is having to make some teachers redundant.

So spending £20 on power socket timers was our alternative "fix"

Model M! Wow that takes me back to our old XT clone! 4.77MHz FTW!

Alas no, mostly HP keyboards with various keys missing, I think the kids eat them.

On a completely different plus note, I've just sorted out a low FPS issue with an old M4 I have, although now it's doing 370fps so I'm leaving it with the piston all the way back to hopefully bed in the spring.

It had a hop rubber I've never seen before. Black, with a split nub inside the bucking, and no lip. Replaced it with a good old guarder silicone bucking and fitted a M100 spring, fps was still down at 270. Stretched the small spring that pushes the hop chamber against the gearbox and it gained 100fps.

It's the second gun with that issue I've seen in the past month. The first was the ICS G33 belonging to the son of a teacher who's into airsoft.

It was doing 350 out the box, but he wanted it tuned down to 340fps for use at The Mall in Reading.

I was told he gave it to a "guy in London and now it's doing 260fps"

So I opened it up, first thing I noticed was the barrel was in upsidedown. Then there were the shredded wires to the motor with most of the insulation sliced through so I had to heat shrink that.

Checked the piston head and nozzle were sealing well, fitted the M100 as a fair amount of the stock spring had been hacked off and not finished well, replaced the damaged bucking with a TM, but still the fps was 260-270fps.

Then as I took the barrel out one last time (which unlike the G36 you can't do without taking the gas block/spine out, and the thread on those bolts aren't the best) the barrel spring fell out. It had been trimmed too.

Gave it a stretch, put it all back together, 370fps which then slowly dropped. Stretched the spring a bit more, and it was steady at 370. Swapped the gearbox spring with the hacked up original and it's doing 340fps.

I suspect what's happened is his son heard that to reduce the fps you needed to cut one or two loops off the spring, tried it himself, came across the barrel spring and mistakenly chopped the end off thinking it was the main spring!

Squeaky bum/brown trousers moment just now.

Before pancake day I picked up a (rather large) packet of mix from Costco, so have bought myself a pancake heat plate to make them at work. I've tested it with oil and there's no smoke that I can see, only steam.

So I'm making a gloriously thick and fluffy pancake at school today, just about to serve it on a plate when the fire alarm goes off.

Quickly unplug the plate, cool the lovely fluffy sumptuous pancake under the cold tap so I can sling it in the bin thinking "hide the evidence!" then realised the plate is too hot to put away, race down to the front doors to see if I am guilty only to be told it was the kiln in the art department, some little cherub decided to fill their pottery with paper before putting it in the kiln and it's flooded the whole room with smoke, setting off the alarm there, in the corridor and up the stairs.

So I wasted my pancake :(

No double posts.

The good news is at least I only have to wait till september 10th 2018 before I can retake the ADI part two exam.

The bad news is i'm stuck in this *fruitcage*heap of a job until I can find something else.

*fruitcage* it.

Archived