My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

I need to make up a spare bulb kit for mrs tinks new car in order to be legal when going to France in a fortnight. I cannot find anywhere that tells me what bloody indicator bulb its got, only that its 21W.

Useless.

Just stick the cheapest orange bulb in the kit. It's a box-ticking exercise anyway... :P

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate replacing bulbs.

Fortunately it's a piece of cake on the GS, just happens too often for my liking. I've just put in the 5th replacement in 2 years.

Got a hyper bright one in now. It's like my own personal sun.

I hate replacing bulbs.

Fortunately it's a piece of cake on the GS, just happens too often for my liking. I've just put in the 5th replacement in 2 years.

Got a hyper bright one in now. It's like my own personal sun.

Citroen GS?

Citroen_gsa_special.png

So I got home and started to swap the wheels over on the Fiesta.. only to find the inner edge of both wheels is completely worn almost to cords. So somehow I have some crazy camber issue or my tracking has jumped out of alignment since I last had it checked in Feb.. more annoying that it's right before we shoot off to Scotland next week and before the wedding when I really don't need to be worrying about this!!

get it changed ASAFP.

even if you put budget ditchfinders on it. get it done tomorrow.

do not mess with worn tyres. if cords are exposed you are literally only miles away from a firey end.

Also my invite still hasn't come though, maybe it got lost in the post? ;)

Don't you worry it's already in the shop waiting for tyres to turn up for it. Stuck both mine and her car spares on to get it there. I don't mess with worn tyres not with the miles I do, 500 a week can see huge wear over a short period!!

What it does mean is my every other day quick feel over the tyre width obviously isn't enough so I'll have to be a bit more diligent in the future!

Still lesson learned, thankfully they didn't go pop on the motorway that would've been a different can of worms!

Pootling home today through a village near my town, round a blind bend and see a wagon on 'my' side if the road. He was doing 30mph...

Hit the anchors and he's still coming. I see a metaphoric lightbulb go on above his head and he moves over. Left hand drive artic and foreign plates. He was driving on his right hand side, seemingly forgetting which country he was in.

10 seconds later and it would have been my wife getting a knock at the door while some poor sod was scraping me out of his engine bay, as I doubt a Ford fusion would fair well against 44 tonnes with a combined speed of 60 mph.

*wheelbarrow*.

Tbh I doubt you'd get in much bother. It wouldn't make court, and unless you were being foolish you wouldn't get pulled anyway, except if Mrs Miggins had a good stare when you were at the lights and reported you. Even then you could probably argue away a FPN if you didn't fail the attitude test.

Also unless you were outside a school tugging away or something...

Reversed into a housemate's car :(

He's fairly angry but that's understandable, here's the damage:

http://i.imgur.com/PDS891T.jpg

(Not going to hotlink due to the size)

Any suggestions on whether I can get this fixed for cheap? Obviously the damage is across two panels which makes things difficult - and looks like the paint layer's been breached maybe. However by pressing around on the panel itself they both feel like they're plastic as they flex. It's  VW Polo if that matters - Any tips would be greatly appreciated! If it's plastic I'll ask if I can try the hot water trick, and then hopefully a buff/respray will be a little cheaper.

Archived