My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

I think that my brain left me at my desk and walked off to parts unknown.

I slept about three hours, because first I couldn't sleep until some 2AM, and then ended up sprinting to the toilet at 3AM. I also failed to register switching my 6:30 alarm off, but that happens.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bloody Halifax changing their overdraft charges to make it "simpler". Apparently £1 a day and taking it all at the end of the month is too complicated, so in future they'll charge 1p for every £7 you're overdrawn and take the charge at the end of each day. Whoever thought that one up needs a slap

...what? Thats not even nonsensical, its aggressively idiotic.

They're installing new curbs outside. That means they have one of those powersaws for cutting through stone and pavement running.

I'm going crazy, headphones or no headphones, and I'm stuck here for two more hours.

Bloody Halifax changing their overdraft charges to make it "simpler". Apparently £1 a day and taking it all at the end of the month is too complicated, so in future they'll charge 1p for every £7 you're overdrawn and take the charge at the end of each day. Whoever thought that one up needs a slap

Out of curiosity when are they bringing this stupid policy in?

You may remember when my other half had the cancer scare and the doctors said that there was no need to give her regular checkups as she wasn't high risk (despite her sister having it, her mum and grandma both dying of it, and her dad having a related type)

Well apparently our life insurance provider has a different opinion.

The life insurance policy which we need as its a requirement for the mortgage is gonna cost us an extra 21 quid a month on top if what they first said, now that they've added the details of her family medical history.

So much for a professional assuring her she's not high risk.

I got bitten on the finger by a beetle before.

No super powers as of yet...

Edit, also just been stung on the back of the head by a *fruitcage* wasp, totally unprovoked. Not my day.

Or the wasps, I'm off to *fruitcage* it up, and the nest it lives in.

Wasps are pointless

I remember when I was on the school bus and a wasp came through a window. Everyone, including the bus driver was freaking out. I grabbed it and threw it out the window. That was like, 5th grade.

Everyone was looking at me like "don't *fruitcage* with that kid".

I've looked into this a bit, and I can't find any ecological purpose served by wasps, that can't be done better by something else anyway.

They don't pollinate plants, they don't aid the decomposition of detritus, they don't serve as a primary food source for something else... They're useless.

They only exist to exist.

They should be wiped off the face of the earth.

Archived