My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

I feel a little bit sick reading that...

Worst I had was a big 'un climbing my wall by my head when resting, I could literally hear it scuttling.

My fear started at about five years old, I had a terrible fever and was hallucinating that my entire room was crawling with them, I didn't recognise my own mother I was that out of it.

Bizarrely I find small jumping spiders kind of cute, and the peacock spider but house spiders onwards is pure nope.

Trapdoors are the worst...

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have arachnaphobia, there is a large one in my room. I missed it with my catching technique and it's now lurking among my kit.

Bugger.

I will turn a room over to find a spider I have seen. Furniture upside down, the lot. I hunt them with a torch and a bat.

I make arachnophobics look like Spider trainers...

I have arachnaphobia, there is a large one in my room. I missed it with my catching technique and it's now lurking among my kit.

Bugger.

I will turn a room over to find a spider I have seen. Furniture upside down, the lot. I hunt them with a torch and a bat.

I make arachnophobics look like Spider trainers...

In other news I saw something I really wanted on EBay, put in max bid. Turns out I won it with initial bid, all good. Then he messaged me saying he'd already sold it but couldn't cancel the auction...

He's a liar, just wants more money. I've seen it before. Watch him relist the item in a few days.

Sadly, there's little you can do. Even if you report him to eBay they won't do anything.

He's a liar, just wants more money. I've seen it before. Watch him relist the item in a few days.

Sadly, there's little you can do. Even if you report him to eBay they won't do anything.

Offer him more money.

Ask if you can collect.

Go round, buy it.  Make a note of the address.

A couple of years later, burn down his house.

I feel a little bit sick reading that...

Worst I had was a big 'un climbing my wall by my head when resting, I could literally hear it scuttling.

My fear started at about five years old, I had a terrible fever and was hallucinating that my entire room was crawling with them, I didn't recognise my own mother I was that out of it.

Bizarrely I find small jumping spiders kind of cute, and the peacock spider but house spiders onwards is pure nope.

Trapdoors are the worst...

Funny you should mention jumping spiders, my wife hate the furry house spiders, but finds jumping spiders cute.

I have a phobia of plasters (bandaids for Americans). Can't bear to be near them or even look at them. Just talking about them makes my skin crawl.

Being a technical knowledgeable person, there seems to be no end to little jobs people require you to do. 2 things irk me enormously:

- People think you do everything, from mechanical problems to electronic problems and even pc, and home automation problems. I'm not a fekin genius people, and if I were, you'd be paying good for my services.

- 90% they can bloody do themselves as well, like plugging a punctured tire and changing a bulb.

Normally I deal with this ok, but combined with the clusterfruitcage that construction is, where I need to tell the contractors how to their job, I'm at the point of bursting. It's like running preschool! They half *albartroth* practically everything I pay them for as well!

Being a bit of an idealistic perfectionist, it's stating to affect my psyche...

People just don't care about a job well done eh?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Yeah.  Some people have really low standards.  There is a painter and decorator I know.  I've seen his work. It's *suitcase*.  And I'm not talking little social housing jobs where the landlord doesn't give a *fruitcage*.  I'm talking significantly sized properties.  It's crazy to see what some people accept

Archived