My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate it when people half *albatross* things.

What Tink was saying was something about the Pareto? principal where you can get 80% of the way there in 20% of the time.

I'll accept 80% if it is cheap.

I will not accept paying a tradesman to do something to a lower standard than I can achieve myself.

My plasterer however is a *fruitcage* wizard.

It's acceptable when you're a plain customer. Not when you're a customer that builds on the work done. Imagine being a mason or carpenter and you need to compensate for sunken foundry all the time.

What I came across as a do-it-yourself customer:

- The carpenter, building my wooden wall structure simply built OVER a main drain. I had to chisel and hand-saw my way trough because the place is too craped for electric tools.

He used big *albatross* nails only, so I cant remove the plywood plates again to better access some parts. I'd prefer big *albatross* torx screws. Also he has sawn some plates freehanded, so no straight cut. Amateur.

- My light dome is the contractor's own design, should've gone with Velux. It's leaking for the 7th time.

- None of the doors now windows ( all wooden, same carpenter) opened and closed correctly.

- the mason didn't reinforce walls, so after 3 years we came to the conclusion that it's better to deconstruct them and rebuild them myself, or swap them for drywall. Luckily, they're no support walls

And that's only 1 contractor.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

RANT

Last term:

Music teacher: Argh the music computers don't work, they're terrible, they take so long to log users on, some just sit at a black screen with a mouse pointer

Me: The computers are 7 years old, they are slow and it looks like my predecessor installed network drivers that could only handle 100Mbps rather than 1Gbps which is why it takes a while to log on. They haven't been touched by my predecessor for years. The black screen issue is due to a print driver which I'll be sorting over the summer. You've got some 3rd party software with really horrible licence activation methods, which are no longer supported by the developer and you have no documentation for them. I'll rebuild and re-install the software but expect issues.

MT: Yes, yes, just please rebuild them.

*creates new build image specifically for Music, installs the required software, tests successfully over the summer, instructs the MT to test them on her first day back so we have time to rectify any issues. Instead she gets her music technician to test them 3 days later.

MT: Sibelius lags, and Cubase isn't installed, I don't understand why Cubase was uninstalled, it was there before the summer holiday, we need Cubase for the students, it's going to impact their work, this is worse than last year, I don't understand what's happened to the computers, they were working perfectly last year, your predecessor did such a good job of keeping them running smoothly. Cubase is missing form my laptop and my colleagues laptop. I don't understand. It worked fine last year.

Me: OK, firstly the computers were rebuilt at your request because you reported so many issues with them last year. My predecessor didn't go near them for years, they were still running Windows 7 32bit. Talking with your Music Tech there's a driver which needs to be installed that wasn't documented anywhere which should sort out the Sibelius problem. Cubase was tested as working when we installed it over the summer, it is still installed, but it has deleted it's shortcut from the public desktop so only the local admin account has the shortcut, this suggests a licensing issue which means it's a change Steinberg, the developer, has made so we've contacted them for an explanation. I can copy the shortcut back into the public desktop so students can see it again.

MT: But it was working before summer, how can it be a licensing issue, it was working before summer.

ME: BECAUSE YOU STUPID BINT I HAD TO REINSTALL THE SOFTWARE AND REACTIVATE IT AND THE STUPID DEVELOPERS HAVE BLOCKED THE ACCESS PROBABLY BECAUSE THEIR CRAPPY SOFTWARE CAN'T HANDLE CLONED IMAGES SO INSTALLED THE LICENCE SOFTWARE WITH THE SAME DAMN SERIAL NUMBER! (oh how I wish I could have said that)

/RANT

PS You should all buy Nissan Leafs, they're amazing

Ah music teachers.

Locked in their never-ending competition with PE teachers for the role of thickest person in the faculty.

Sure, I have known a few bright people on both sides but the fact I feel like I have to mention that speaks volumes.

Oh, in my elementary school, the music teacher was an alcoholic and the PE teacher porked the principal.

Also, I'm off because in half the photos I took on Sunday, one model has a potato face, in half of them she can't hold the sword properly, which left me with two borderline adequate shots of her.

Oh, in my elementary school, the music teacher was an alcoholic and the PE teacher porked the principal.

Also, I'm ###### off because in half the photos I took on Sunday, one model has a potato face, in half of them she can't hold the sword properly, which left me with two borderline adequate shots of her.

When I was at school the PE teacher and his brother "allegedly" doinked some of the girls (I believe his brother actually married one).

Ah, the joy of trying to complete a photoshoot with wannabe models...

I had 2 sisters turn up 4 days and 6 hours late, which off my photography partner to the extent that he packed up and left me too it. The 2 sisters had watched Wherever's Next Top Model and thought that was everything they needed to know about modelling, so while I'm trying to position one, the other was butting in and giving directions. Eventually I gave the other one the task of getting changed for the next photos which got them out of the way, and by the time they were ready, I was ready to send the other sister off to get changed. The younger of the two, with the monofilament eyebrows, had to leave, and the older one decided to get changed into a slightly see-through blouse and knickers meant for a 12 year old. Seriously too tight, to the extent that her meat curtains were showing and I had to ask her to go and get changed. I got some OK shots, but they needed a lot of work in Photoshop.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/xaccers/albums/72157617351897619

Talking of meat/beef curtains.  You work in IT, have you ever been able to casually drop 'I need to move your curtains so I can get access to your box'.  Difficult to keep a straight face heh.

Also, people on ebay.  I post everything the next working day, sometimes the same day if convenient for me and someone has given me less than the full rating for dispatch time.  Unless I posted it before they ordered it, it wouldn't have got there any earlier.  Bloody people.

When I was at school the PE teacher and his brother "allegedly" doinked some of the girls (I believe his brother actually married one).

Ah, the joy of trying to complete a photoshoot with wannabe models...

I had 2 sisters turn up 4 days and 6 hours late, which ###### off my photography partner to the extent that he packed up and left me too it. The 2 sisters had watched Wherever's Next Top Model and thought that was everything they needed to know about modelling, so while I'm trying to position one, the other was butting in and giving directions. Eventually I gave the other one the task of getting changed for the next photos which got them out of the way, and by the time they were ready, I was ready to send the other sister off to get changed. The younger of the two, with the monofilament eyebrows, had to leave, and the older one decided to get changed into a slightly see-through blouse and knickers meant for a 12 year old. Seriously too tight, to the extent that her meat curtains were showing and I had to ask her to go and get changed. I got some OK shots, but they needed a lot of work in Photoshop.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/xaccers/albums/72157617351897619

Agreed, they fubar'd that up. The make up is literally that: you make up for stuff. You hide blemishes or highlight less pronounced parts of the face. The way she lightened up the place where the eyebrows used to be makes it look bloated, like she has very unhealthy swellings.

Make up artists are artists for a reason.

They're wannabes. My 2c.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

They're wannabes. My 2c.

Well, that is putting it mildly. I work with wannabes and they do a much better job - hell, I'm still wondering how the *fruitcage* the Amazing Horsie that showed up at the group shoot on Sunday has 11k likes on Facebook. I was looking at her and had no *fruitcage* idea how to take a photo that's gonna make her look good. I mean, seriously. A chin that could be used to break down brick walls and a dress that covered up the most interesting thing about her (which would be full sleeve tattoos).

Turned out, Facebook is taking the *fruitcage* .

Their "HD streaming" is false advertising - it turned out that all my saved streams are in 360p, not even 480p, making them completely *fruitcage* useless if I ever want to download them, whether for re-uploading elsewhere or making a megamix of blunders, bloopers and funnies.

They're a *fruitcage* failure.

Guess who's girlfriend just tried to bleach the plughole while simultaneously dealing the taps?

Guess who's girlfriend just poisoned herself with accidental chlorine gas necessitating a couple of hours at A&E?

Would it be the same girlfriend you've just bought a house with?

I hope she's got life insurance...

Turned out, Facebook is taking the *fruitcage* ######.

Their "HD streaming" is false advertising - it turned out that all my saved streams are in 360p, not even 480p, making them completely *fruitcage* useless if I ever want to download them, whether for re-uploading elsewhere or making a megamix of blunders, bloopers and funnies.

They're a *fruitcage* failure.

Facebook is probably one of the biggest CDNs out there right now, the amount of streaming they do is ridiiiiiiculous, serious compression needed. It is absolutely not a storage platform yet, back up your stuff with something like Crashplan

Archived