My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

I don't see why sending a copy of one's passport/driving licence is not acceptable to prove proof of age. 

Completely irrelevant though as these types of people will just use one of their mum's kitchen knives if they want a knife...

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only in public places.

Was that to stunt?

The new proposal is stating one handed openers, assisted open and things like axis locks which you can use to flip a knife open will be illegal, even in your own home.

Lobby your MP about this, it's a stupid plan that won't reduce knife crime.

The new proposal is stating one handed openers, assisted open and things like axis locks which you can use to flip a knife open will be illegal, even in your own home.

Lobby your MP about this, it's a stupid plan that won't reduce knife crime.

I would genuinely like to have a delve around in the brain of the people that come up with this stuff.  It's mind boggling they are able to feed themselves.

They're not stupid - not completely, at least - they know full well their proposals won't reduce crime, they just think it's an easy way to grab a few votes by looking like they're doing something.

Doing things that would *actually* reduce crime would be hard, and expensive. So they're not interested in doing that.

Destiny 2 comes out next week, and I'm already in a love/hate relationship with it.

As it seems I'll have to pay €30 extra for the Season Pass, because I still remember how Bungie *fruitcage*ed the D1 players over when the DLCs came out. And the first one is scheduled for December, so it reeks of massive nickel'n'dime superdickery.

Where do I stand with a fixed blade knife?

What if the handle was made of bone?

Human bone?

Lord Lucan's femur?

I don't thing people should be discouraged from using mankind's most primitive and versatile tool.

It isn't the knife that is a worthless scumbag, it is the person.

I like a fixed blade knife with a sub hilt.

I would be hard pressed to find a single tool in my tool box that couldn't be used to kill a person in a pinch.

Anyway, how can a show like MacGyver that was so good spawn a new version that is so, so bad?

I like George Eads but his character is redundant.

The new Macgyver is too young and too much of a little bell end.

Richard Dean Anderson was 35 years old when the show started.

Lucas Till was 26, too young to have the life experience necessary for the character.

Utter garbage.

I was very disappointed with the new Macgyver.   I liked the original, didnt watch too much of the new one.  Too many other things to binge on.   

Finally got around to the expanse.   Half way through season 2.  Like very much.   But the James Holden actor reminds me of James from TFBtv for some reason....

As an avid fan of the books, pretty much the only problem I have with the expanse tv show is the age of the cast. Naomi has a very detailed back story which has only been hinted at. She should be older. Also taller and skinnier like a proper belter but there's only so much you can do for a main character.

Jim Holden should also be older, practically middle aged.

Miller was about spot on, and so are amos and alex, but IMO they missed the mark on jim and naomi.

Bobbie is by far the best character though. Her and chrisjen are a fearsome team.

Archived