My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Diy always takes far longer than planned...

He's right, though. Those slanted ceilings are a *badgeress* when you have to hang anything off them. It's also fun when they're really high up and you're afraid of heights and your girlfriend is nagging you from below.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my case the light fixtures were too heavy to keep a hold of with one hand whilst trying to cap the wires, screw the mount in, make sure the chain links are all straight, and try to get the base cover to not look like it is complete loose.

The folks are rather daft when it comes to getting things that are actually compatible with this decrepit house.

Everything really just *suitcase* as usual, been a week since car accident and whatnot.

Forum seemed dead for a few hours there... can't lose Arnies

It might also be worth suggesting he gets professional help as it looks like the drinking is self medicating for mental health issues before he becomes a raging alcoholic

Yeah we've suggested that already but he isn't listening.

As someone that darts off and on with the subject, I suggest constant distractions/drain of energy.  Eventually she'll either be kept content via the distractions or cannot be bothered to attempt anything due to the energy loss.

I think with her, it's an attention thing. She post things on facebook and stuff. It's actually annoying, because my friends see that stuff and come to me and I'm like "Yeah, so?". I end up coming off as an insensitive a**hat. Bet she wouldn't like it at a psychiatric unit.

For me, Arnie's IS my therapy. Reading about your lives have been keeping me going. Arnie's is like coming to your favorite pub on a cold, rainy day.

Ah, the attention type, much more difficult to deal with.  You could have folks just ignore her social media outbursts, but then she would likely try other methods like screaming out in public.  You could try to figure out what the attention craving is and provide it, but she would likely never be satisfied with it and keep posting stuff.

I would say an actual "shock" might dissuade her, but that is not an option easily done nor foolproof.

In the end folks are too hung up on the concept of everyone must be stopped from having bad thoughts and if you do not agree with them you are not sensitive enough.  It is a losing battle I am afraid.

Yeah, she has lots of people by her side. She's the type with 2,700 people on her facebook, lots of them men. Pretty girl with a *fruitcage*ed up personality brings out the paternal side in a lot of these men. So, she gets a lot of attention.

I agree with the idea that society spends too much time telling you not to have bad thoughts.

oh mate... they are only 'paternal' in that they want her to call them daddy!

sorry, but it's true!!!

Well, I'm content with "uncle".

But, I'm having *suitcase* pile up at work right now. Not only there's a load of documents to approve and send out this week, but also Brussels starts its usual end-of-year shenanigans early, and of course someone in the top management had the idea to do a call for tender for the audit Brussels requires.

The *fruitcage* *rickroller* of a supervisor at work decided to change the rota for last weekend and didn't tell me, meaning I got up early for an overtime shift and got in to find I wasn't supposed to be working. Time to call an end to working weekends I think

^that sucks.

Moving the goalposts without telling anyone is a *Ubarflock* trick.

Just done it to the gf. She had last week off, and in that time changed all her shifts without telling her. Then gave her a *badger*ing for being late.

You help someone out at work and they then take the ? Yeah, sounds like a 'pregalnant fish' to me.

Just a side minor gripe. If a lollipop person has thier sign on the road (you know in full view with a great big word stop on it) and the other drivers have decided to stop, don't then start to go till the lollipop person has walked completely off the road (even if you think no-one is crossing, which leads me to my next point). Reason being, 4 year old boys are hard to spot from the cab of a flatbed transit van. Thank *fruitcage* I can still move quickly.

Edit: naughty swear word got through the swear word filter.

I nearly dragged a guy out of his car for being a *wheelbarrow* outside my sons school.

Parked on the zigzag in front of me, so I beeped at him. Didn't move so I overtook, he gave me the finger and undertook me.

I don't think he considered he would have to stop in traffic a few yards later.

Nor did he consider that you're not safe in your little metal box where most people think they are untouchable.

He seemed to change his tune once I opened his door and he realised it wasn't a little blonde hairdresser that got out of the hairdresser-looking car, but a bearded angry man who then advised him his actions were 1, inappropriate 2, stupid 3, caught on a front and rear dash camera and 4 performed in front of a cop.

He will be twitching every time the letter box goes for a couple of weeks...

At the end of the day I had the last laugh. I'm now not doing weekends and he decided to act like a pre pubescent school girl and give me the silent treatment making the whole afternoon alot more pleasant

That silent treatment never works with me. I bloody love it.

'Hang on, let me get this straight. To punish me, you will not talk to me? *suitcase*, you should have told me this earlier, I would have you off sooner'.

Edit:- heheheha, penetrated.

Archived