My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Since this is the negative pessimism thread, I'm going to throw this out there.

People have always told me in the most patronizing tone "Life is what you make of it", especially when I say something pragmatic or "reslistic". Quite the opposite is true, life is what makes you. Well, genetics makes you, then your environment; if you survive those two hurdles past the age of two then, yeah, life is what makes you.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That moment you're in your 30's and realise you start to act like your father does, and hate it.

I love my dad, but most of the times he's a bitter, non-commucative, angry little man and I do a lot of effort not to end like that, losing all my friend and being alone. I get why, just don't want to give up on life yet. And yet sometimes I look i to the mirror..

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

My advice, cling on to a bit of your childhood. That wide eyed hope thing. That feeling you would get when you bought something that made you go 'wwwwwoooooaaaaaahhhh'. You loose that, then you start to slowly switch off and go on auto pilot.

Edit: *suitcase* nasty thread. Okay, got it. Today I realised it's been 11 years since I first used a AEP MP7 by Tokyo Marui. Now, that thing was a lot of fun, that's not the feeling bad thing. It's how long ago it's been and yet it feels like it happened last year. *suitcase*.

That moment you're in your 30's and realise you start to act like your father does, and hate it.

I love my dad, but most of the times he's a bitter, non-commucative, angry little man and I do a lot of effort not to end like that, losing all my friend and being alone. I get why, just don't want to give up on life yet. And yet sometimes I look i to the mirror..

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

I can relate. I don't think you can stop those feelings the older you get. Sometimes being an bitter, non-communicative angry little man makes dealing with your own circumstances easier, and sometimes being a positive, open minded, happy person only gets you walked on in this world. Maybe the older you get the more you stick to your guns, And the less you are willing to take.

Hey, trust me. Open minded doesn't mean you put up with *suitcase*. Just means you are open to alternative possibilities. Gullible isn't open minded. Gullible means you just go along with anything, open minded means you'll listen to other people's views before jumping to conclusions.

Be open minded not gullible. Being angry, just makes you more angry. Been there and done that, changed my ways and feel better for it, as it nearly killed me being aggressive/hardheaded all the time.

Back to the my whole "life is what makes you" argument, where you are in life makes your whole perspective. Habakure, you are 8 years older than me, and a lot of things can happen in 8 years. In 8 years I can be in another state or country, in 8 years I could have the same perspective as you, and look back and call myself an idiot for having this perspective, in 8 years from now I could have been dead for 7 years.

What I'm trying to say to Lone_bullet is, don't hold your feelings, views and experience against yourself. Everyone else will do that for you.

My mistake then, pretty sure you tried to say being pessimistic means being angry and not being a push over (sometimes):-

"Sometimes being an bitter, non-communicative angry little man makes dealing with your own circumstances easier, and sometimes being a positive, open minded, happy person only gets you walked on in this world."

A positive and negative perspective, to show both sides of view (the view being who you are and how you view the reactions of others) instead of just one sided view (that view being negative and angry, hence why I mentioned my own experience) that makes a person feel self assured.

That's my opinion, try not to be angry as it leads to stress and that can lead to depression (and self destruction). Always aim for something that is just for you, then help other people once you are happy.

If you feel negative most of the time, seek help. Again, that's me talking from experience and it's something that only you can decide.

Or be like that little yellow *bramston pickle* from pokemon. The one with the dead eyes, like dolls eyes.

I prefer to be more sneaky and try to put things in their trolley without them knowing. This is especially good if it's something they would never buy, eg for a trolley full of vegetarian stuff I'd put in something like a pack of pork chops

I remember one time, my ex-fiance was into coloring. I went to the store to pick up beer, and buy her a coloring book for her brake time at work. Remember we needed condoms. I went through the checkout line with coloring books, beer, condoms and lube. Didn't put it together why the lady looked at me weird until later. lol

Weird dreams, *suitcase* weather and crowded bus to work. When I'm (of course!) running late.

If not for the fact that I got *fruitcage*ed up on Saturday and recorded an amusing Destiny 2 PVP video (in which I say it's going to be a rare material because getting *fruitcage*ed up and playing online is bad for my liver), I'd get drunk again.

Trying to buy trousers when you don't have the legs of a 12 year old girl.  It's all *fruitcage* skinny cut BS.  I'm sorry, I have muscles on my bones that require the purchase of proper sized trousers that look like they're for men.

Archived