My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

At 0420 this morning some dirty, horrible, chav maggot forced the door on my garage/basement where I keep all my guns.

My wife and I heard him and I got some jeans on and went outside, he must have heard me moving about or seen the lights come on because he scarpered.

I had police here asking questions about my kit and now I can't go into work because I have to wait for the SOCO to get here (I don't mind not going into work though).

I have had to screw a huge piece of wood over the doors to the basement (good thing I had such a thing) so now I have to go in the back way which isn't exactly convenient.

Good news is I disturbed him before he could get anything because I was awake since I have to be up not long after that.

Bad news is I disturbed him before I could get out the house and cave his skull in with my D6 maglite.

Although all things considered that is probably good news too since it would probably have been me who went to prison.

Police were fast, the mrs was still on the phone telling the dispatcher our address when they turned up. I had got the mrs to tell the dispatcher about the presence of RIFs so there were no nasty surprises for plod.

One of them said that I should register them and I said that I had tried once before and the desk sergeant had just shrugged.

None of them had even heard of the VCRa.

A very good encounter with the police all told.

I just want to strike the chavs down with righteous fury, if it had been me who had won the euro millions last friday there would be a new "batman" type figure in the medway area right now. Only fatter.

America's (and maybe other places too, I don't know) sue first and ask questions later approach to life. If something goes wrong, sue. If something breaks, sue. If you somehow get hurt by being a retarded twat, claim it's someone else's fault and sue 'em. Jesus, man up and take some responsibility.

Another one, somewhat related to the first. I hate how "Caution: Contents are hot" has to be displayed on coffee lids so that people can't be sued for burn injuries. For *fruitcage*s sake, if the coffee wasn't hot, you wouldn't buy it!

EDIT: Just thought of another. I hate how my coach schedules basketball practice right in the middle of the damned day. 1:30 to 4:00. Way to kill my day, coach. I'd so much rather practice from 10:00 to 12:30, at least that way by the time practice is done my friends are up and ready to hang out.

Sorry about the bad news, Stunt, but glad nothing was taken.

Guess you'll be down the local hardware shops getting some new doors and security things?

As for a rant from me - well, the stupid "small print" on adverts for films these days wind me up. "Contains one use of strong language and mild sutained threat" WTF??? Now I don't want to watch the film because it sounds ######. Thanks a bunch.

Seriously, who needs, wants, thinks they need this kind of namby-pamby hand-holding BS?? The film has a rating, that should be enough.

Thought it might be you after my guns and wife...

OK so now it seems like although none of my guns went a big box of spares, parts and tools has gone.

The police this morning were more interested in the guns (obviously) and I didn't even notice the box was gone.

I am double ###### off because if I had been able to tell the police the bloke had a big black cardboard box under his arm they might have caught him.

Secondly, unless this bloke is an airsofter what use has he got for a load of wire, high performance motors (two turbo and a magnum no less), batteries and a PGC gearbox. If he isn't a softer he has probably just dumped it all in a bush with no idea what it's worth.

Every time I think about it I want to kill him and I think of something else that was in the box.

My brand new (to me, market job, no receipt natch) laser thermometer was in there, and a deep fire piston. It just gets worse and worse.

I'll do a full list in the stolen forum when I work out what was in it.

My wife is really upset too, she'll probably want to move now.

Sorry, mate, you must have misunderstood - I'm planning to kill you and take your guns and wife, not just steal them like some scally in the night...

Since I know that if I did, I'd have some scary-looking ginger bloke after me, with whatever vicious assortment of weapons he could lay his hands on.

Sucks that the parts were taken, especially as, like you say, probably just dumped somewhere.

Had guns stolen ones. My flatmate and I both had AUGs and built these lovely wooden boxes to keep them in, with all the bits and bobs, mags, batteries, chargers, everything, all in one stylish package. Unfortunately, got up one day to find them gone, along with some other stuff. Never heard what happened to them. Still, managed to get the insurance company to accept the values from Wolf Armoury and bought from WGC in Hong Kong, so actually made a profit on it.

Get yourself some serious new doors, it'll help make the missus feel safe in the house again. That or spend every night in an OP in the bushes waiting for the scrote to come back for another try...

I know, a link to the full list is now in my sig.

I have set my Dynatec blank firing trip wire to the basement door, if some scrote has another go it will unleash the 12 bore blank fury.

Perhaps if I wake the whole street up someone will get a good look at him.

The police think I may have been targeted by thieves who wanted realistic guns for the purposes of robbery or intimidation.

I didn't have the heart to tell them that you can get a real gun in the pub for 200 bucks.

I'm sorry, mate, but I think it's probably illegal to rig a tripwire mine to your house. Even a blank-firing noisemaker one. Welcome to Britain.

The plod probably know about getting a real gun in the pub for however much. And to be honest, I doubt you were targeted by thieves who wanted a realistic gun for a robbery or intimidation, it's more likely that someone just broke into somewhere to see what they could get.

After all - who knows you have them, why would they target yours for theft over someone else's, etc, etc...

They like to wheel out these lines about all the crimes being committed with replica weapons, but frankly I don't believe it. I've yet ot see any convincing statistics.

That sucks mate. The bike I had nicked in October ( see my sig ) was replaced with a lovely CBR600F a nice mint bike. The *fruitcage*ers came back in November and knicked that too, despite being chained with a hundred quid lock and chain to a concreted in ground anchor and fitted with an alarm! I go out into my yard and three differant dogs start barking, yet these gits managed two knick two bikes in six weeks without anyone seeing or hearing anything.

Best bit is the insurance company still hasn't payed out!

Sorted out my crash bag.

If I am being targeted by this scrote and he comes back he is going to deafened (don't care if it is illegal) then the next thing he knows he will have 600 lumens of retina-searing power shone in his grid followed by the whupping of his short life.

I'll take a couple of photos of him and then call the police.

Torch and camera waiting by the bed. Bring it on.

Am getting a serious security upgrade. The highlights of which will be a steel cage, a stage pyro medium maroon and smoke cartridge. In the unlikely event they get past the steel cage it'll not only deafen them, they think the gas main has gone up, so will a few hundred people. Should have the Police and Fire Brigade turning up pretty sharp. I'll probably be in trouble but at least i'll still have a bike.

I opened up my cheap shotgun and the trigger mechanism fell apart, tried to put it back together and somehow ended up warping the hell out of a small spring and snapping part of the piston off. Now it's just a lump of plastic.

I didn't even have a reason for opening it up. Just got bored, and curious.

*Sigh*

Not in the UK it's not. And we've already got enough Anti-Gun rubbish in the media without doing such stupid things.

Some teacher who'd been the repeated target of vandalism, abuse and god-knows what was jailed for firing an air weapon *at* her tormentors - not for actually hitting them, just firing at them.

In the UK you're not allowed to defend yourself or your property, unless someone is actilve trying to kill you and even then you'd better not use more force then they're using or a better weapon than they've got.

Will the last one out of Britain please turn off the lights...

The Badger has to wonder if its legal to fire airsoft guns at burglars, even if its not, it would be a good incentive for them to not return

PPP Stryker?

As Hedganian says that is just not cricket.

Strange marks(started out as heat blisters now they are like open sores) apearing on your face for no apparent reason. God I love biological warfear.

In the UK you're not allowed to defend yourself or your property, unless someone is actilve trying to kill you and even then you'd better not use more force then they're using or a better weapon than they've got.

Stop talking rubbish please.

You are allowed to use "reasonable" force to defend yourself.

The only problem is that there is no quantitative definition of reasonable force, it is the force that a "reasonable man" would employ.

In the law a "reasonable man" is a hypothetical concept, it is the idea of a man who would respond with reason to any stimulus.

It therefore sits on a sliding scale.

If you are a short, thin, woman with no self defence training who has been previously raped.

If your home is invaded and you are trapped and the only way out is past the invader.

And you have a weapon of opportunity and only strike your assailant once.

You may get away with it if your assailant dies, if you have a good lawyer and don't say anything to the police unless you speak to your lawyer first.

However, if - like me - you are ex army, ex bouncer, 6'2", 17st, a bit handy, carrying a weapon you keep under your bed and you chase him into the street and biff him on the head from behind. You are nailed. Fully.

I'm not a smoker anymore, but i read in the paper today about plans for a new Smoking License to help cut down people who smoke. It won't work, you watch. I have no problems with smokers (i'd be biased considering i used to be one meself) but i think the government is starting to take the p**s. Some people will agree with the idea and some won't. Thing is, giving up smoking is bloody hard. It took me months to stop and i don't envy anyone who's in the position of trying to quit. What i'm getting at is first they ban smoking in pubs and now they're trying to bully smokers with this new tact. What's next? Smokers aren't allowed to smoke in their own homes? This is just another knee-jerk reaction by the government to put in line those that don't fit the governments "Perfect Citizen" I've piled weight on as an unfortunate side-effect of quitting, but work out frequently. Apparently though, that's not good enough for my GP. So i give up one thing (smoking) only to be persecuted by the NHS due to the fact that i'm only slightly overweight. I work out for crying out loud and like to think that i'm reasonably in good health, but knowing now that my weight will be converted into muscle, i'm waiting for some pilchard to start saying "Ohhh, you can't be healthy! You'll have to become Anorexic!"

P***es me off something chronic...

(rant over)

Archived