My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure most people here think we are mad now, but bloody hell that was funny.

There's a lad at work who greets people with 'good moaning', no matter the time and it gets me every time, even if it's at night.

Never fails to amuse me :)

Dammit.

I suppose the lack of hair and hatred for the general public should have given it away. And also feeling it a bit after loading a 4 ton skip with flagstones and huge rocks all by hand. After a full day at work (not eating donuts). There was a time that would have been easy...

But open with "good moaning".

Hey, I managed to fit a mention of "Ze Fallen Madonna Mit Ze Big Boobies, by van Klomp" and "Lieutenant Gruber's Little Tank" references into my let's plays, which is a testament to how good that series was.

But on the other hand, I ended up soaking wet, almost crapped my pants, my eyes got temporarily wonky and now I can't sleep.

Halifax car insurance, the robbing bastards.

I had a Skoda Citigo SE MPI 60 for the last 3 years and the insurance was about 120 to 180 a year.

My lease just ran out and I got another Skoda Citigo SE MPI 60.

THE SAME CAR!

The only differences are a couple of facelift tweaks, a different radio and this one has alloy wheels.

I phoned Halifax to change the license plate and they told me the policy was now over £600 a year.

So I went online, Admiral is £180 quid a year.  Great. It was hilarious when the bloke tried to get my other car onto a multicar policy "Yes the manufacturer is Stery-Puch, it is a Pinzgauer 710M, 10 seat convertable".  That didn't go well.

Anyway, I called Halifax back to cancel the policy and got hit with a £55 bill.

Those turds.

I've had this before and I refused to pay it.

I sold my old Reliant 3-wheeler (Don't laugh. They were great!) to somebody in Bristol. I didn't cancel the remaining insurance. The new owner insured the Reliant. A couple of weeks later, the insurance called me and asked why I hadn't canelled the remaining insurance. I told them that it was cheaper to let the remaining insurance lapse, than it was to cancel it. The insurance company blathered on about a possible claim being levelled on my insurance on the Reliant, rather than the new owners. I replied that I wasn't interested on the grounds that I didn't own the Reliant, nor was I driving it. I still wasn't going to pay the cancellation fee.

I got a refund for the remaining insurance.

You've got to play hardball with insurance companies.

In 3 days I will no longer be a cop...

Resigned after just over 4 years. The jobs *fruitcage*ed and only getting worse.

I'm still very split on the matter, I will miss large parts of it, and the people I work with, and for that I feel like I'm letting people down. But on the other hand I need to put me and my family first.

Also, locking *fruitcage*ers up and watching them get naff all as a punishment does grate somewhat.

Meh.

Sad to hear that, but I don't blame you. I thought about the police for a while myself, didn't go for it for just those reasons.

The Army is bad enough - my cousin joined up only a couple of years ago and is already taking about leaving. Budget's slashed to the bone and beyond - he's in the Lancers but hadn't even seen a tank in over six months, haven't even got land rovers apparently.

The whole place is falling apart.

What're you thinking of moving on to?

Part of me hopes you get to actually land justice on some twat right before you go, but from the way it sounds that is not a good bet to make.

My old man is so endeared to his life as an officer that I doubt he could do anything else, so I'm glad to hear you have something already planned out.

Another weekend spent in bed waiting for work again.

The insurance company blathered on about a possible claim being levelled on my insurance on the Reliant, rather than the new owners. I replied that I wasn't interested on the grounds that I didn't own the Reliant, nor was I driving it. I still wasn't going to pay the cancellation fee.

I got a refund for the remaining insurance.

You've got to play hardball with insurance companies.

Because insurance companies are the biggest flock of Ubars this side of the city of Irem. Along with investment bankers, but they're often the exact same people.

Also, I had about four hours of sleep, because video games are addictive.

Archived