My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So was I. Think I got the keys for our place around 1300 so wasn't so bad!

As for what *suitcase* has happened today, our fish tank decided to spontaneously crack this morning at 0445.. Just what I needed as I wanted to go to work. 50L of water all over the front room carpet and fish flapping all over the floor! Ruined carpet and no fish tank! Awesome sauce!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Same. Even on key day. 
Yep. 
I was on the phone daily to gee up the solicitors and estate agents. It was a nightmare. 
They love to drag their feet, then charge extra fees for the delay as if it wasn't their fault in the first place...

Keep nagging them, or they will get to around 1630 and claim the person dealing has gone home for the day. 
Nag, nag and nag. 
Got the phonecall that it had all gone through at 11:45, pretty happy to be fair. Probably 80% of the stuff moved over now, just the last odds and sods to go today. Stupidly excited.

I did save most of the fish thankfully a couple got crushed by the rocks etc inside but the loaches and big fish all seem fine.

Put them all in my mums fish tank for now we were after a bigger tank anyway as wifey had secretly overstocked it,without my permission! (I do the management of the tank she just thinks they're pretty and wants more all the time)

For now they're fine where they are ill pick up a decent 150L tank in the next couple of months hopefully when funds allow! Thanks for the offer though bud!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Fish can be a pain to keep. Having a dog would be both easier and cheaper. I used to have fish but had to pass them onto someone else when we moved to a new house that was too small. Fortunately, the person who ended up with them was experienced in fish keeping, so I wasn't worried.

The shops give out atrocious advise about care and tank sizes just to sell things with no regard for the wellbeing of the fish, and people just seem to think that because they paid less than ten pounds for a fish that it's not worth carrying for properly.

Almost everyone I speak to who has fish had them in a tank that's too small. I spoke to one person last week who said they had to put "starter fish" in their new tank to cycle it and "when they died" they could get the proper fish. I was aghast...

Yeah, I did work experience at an aquatic centre. I didn't finish the 2 weeks and most of the time I took myself out back tidying up the pond plumbing stock as I couldn't deal with being around all the terrible advice being given out.

Treating "cheap" fish as a water test is horrid behaviour, but quite common advice it seems.

Yeah. I know someone that works at a pet shop that sells mainly fish.  Most of the staff have no idea how to maintain the tanks so they're killing fish left, right and centre on a daily basis.  Of course the majority of staff have no idea what they're talking about and my friend says she is constantly refusing to sell people fish when she discovers the tank setup, species e.t.c.

We were sold catfish with a load of other fish. What happened? Bloody catfish ate all my other fish. 

Part of me really wants one of those aquaponics systems where it's a fish tank on the bottom and a small herb garden up top. Watching fish is therapeutic and it'd be nice to build a proper mini ecosystem.

Aquaponics is something I really fancy too.

At the minute though, I'm struggling to convince the gf that we really need a pond. So far, she's agreed to one of those small barrel sized water features. Im working on her though.

Had the car all loaded up and charging batteries for a game that I thought was Sunday, go to check the facebook page to realize it was today.

Gotta go unload the car now...

At least my leg won't tear itself apart more, but bummed after all that work I did to get the rpk and wood furniture kalash up and running.

eBay sellers. Well, some.

Just bought an item, with some listed damage. Not an issue, as it didn't affect function.

Item arrives, and it's been through the wars, loads of intentional 'modifications' that were neither listed or pictured.

at least the seller sorted out the RMA quickly, but still. It would have sold with all damage listed, probably at the same price as they are in demand, and yet they still try and dupe buyers.

pathetic really.

Not so lucky this time, got caught in 4hours worth of traffic jam after a crash closed the M62 after dropping our keys off to our old landlords and signing everything off.

4 hours to go one junction.

I know the emergency services need room to work but there's go to be some way of opening at least one lane to get the people stuck off the roads, surely?

If they could have, they would have.

Just be happy you weren't there early enough to be in loved in the collision - you by be home for hours late, but someone isn't going home at all.

But yeah, traffic jams suck, especially when you don't know what's going on. Just lines of unmoving vehicles, in the baking sun, with no idea why you're there or how long it'll be.

I didn't do much traffic as I wasn't fast roads trained, but the ones I did cover, scene investigation can take hours, and the whole scene needs preserving. Not always, but if its serious it needs it. Skid marks (Fnar), gouges in the road, and if grizzly, blood scatter patterns/body parts retrieval. 

Hundreds of cars driving through the evidence won't help. 

Never fun being stuck in a jam, but you're infinitely better off than those at the scene. 

Archived