My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say Dan, I have a friend who's just done a computer science course. The close minded cuntishness and general misogyny she's encountered for a) being a woman doing computer science and b ) being a woman doing computer science who's about 50 times smarter and better at it than all her classmates is unbelievable.

Tell me about it.

One of the best Data architects we had was allowed to walk out of here because she had difficulty getting a certain, (now no longer with us), senior manager to take her seriously.

Put one of our major projects back quite some way as a result, and now we're looking at buying off the shelf something we did we could have developed in house cheaper, and last I heard she's working for McLaren.

Just disassembled and reassembled my M16A2 three times to try and work out why it wasn't feeding, put in a new hop unit, fiddled around some more, tweaked and cajoled and swore at it...

... then tried a different mag and it worked perfectly.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

I went to university.

I got thrown out, I bummed about doing very little and having as much fun as I could.

I joined the army, got out and lucked myself into a brilliant job.

I now earn more than my mum (one of Scotland's most senior VAT inspectors), my sister (master's in stats), my brother (pHd in tropical epidemiology and a research position).

Luck had the biggest part to play.

Look, good against remotes is one thing..............

Sorry couldn't resist. ;)

Rant of the day, going to toys'r'us in warrington to get the new star wars twin pod cloud car and for them to have sold out. Dang it (Should learn to ring up first).

On the flipside of the degree stuff a mate of mine doing computer science has got a placement job with bank of america for 36,000 for the year, once he graduates, its likely that they'll offer him a job (they created this placement for him, so...) so after having to take a financial exam in NY, he'll move out of uni and straight into a 65,000 a year job. Not bad eh. I'm doing philosophy, so naturally I'm *fruitcage*ed.

Haha that dude is definitely trying to compensate since everyone else has a G36 and all he has is what looks like a water pistol* :P

*I know it's a tazer :P

Gotta love the 'POLICE', stenciled on his head. I think this photo will be with us for many years to come. Possibly out living the memory of this specific tragedy.

Moto Guzzi...

Its OK having an exotic bike, but trying to find people who have the equipment to re-map it for open exhausts is a nightmare.

D&K (8 miles away) used to be Aprilia/Guzzi dealers and have the tool, but its not working so they dont know if they have the map.

Dan's (9 miles away) has sent theirs away for repair and upgrade, and it could take 2 weeks to get back.

Bikerz (35 miles away) needs the tech guy to look at it, and he isnt in Tuesday.

2 other places 39 and 40 miles away have been Aprilia/Guzzi dealers but dont have the equipment or the map.

Next option is Speedaway in Beermingingham...

The *fruitcage* council.

I am a full time student. I am exempt from council tax. All of the students who live in the flat I live in are also all exempt from council tax.

I have now mailed the council proof of the above FOUR seperate times, yet they have taken out a Summary Warrant against me and sent Bailiffs to recover £1800 worth of council tax that I have PROVEN to them I do not owe.

Come Monday I will be having quite a few impolite words with the council. Heaven help the poor *bramston pickle* who picks up the phone.

The *fruitcage* council.

I am a full time student. I am exempt from council tax. All of the students who live in the flat I live in are also all exempt from council tax.

I have now mailed the council proof of the above FOUR seperate times, yet they have taken out a Summary Warrant against me and sent Bailiffs to recover £1800 worth of council tax that I have PROVEN to them I do not owe.

Come Monday I will be having quite a few impolite words with the council. Heaven help the poor *bramston pickle* who picks up the phone.

Didn't PunkyPink have a similar experience some time ago?

I do sympathies that there is a certain amount of undeserved 'hassle' when this happens. More importantly, the 'error' is actually adding to the cost of running a council & therefore increasing council tax, for those who do have to pay it.

Personally, I'd take a more philosophical approach: If a student actually has £1800 worth of 'stuff' for the bailiffs,,,,,,,, They shouldn't be 'exempt'. :D

A great course of action would to be to let the bailiffs take what they like. Then pursue it with the council. Seeing the bailiffs faces, as they bring your stuff back will be priceless. & I'm sure that in todays nanny state culture, you would be more than adequately compensated for your trouble. ;)

Any way, bailiffs are easy. Just wait until you leave uni & have to face the real world. :o Only joking. ;)

Greg.

Students have lots of expensive stuff - doesn't mean it's frivolous rubbish. Computer, for a start, could be worth anything up to two grand on its own, maybe more.

Most recent peeve - literally in the last few minutes - I've learned that something is in the post for me. I hate waiting for things to arrive! I want it NOW!!!!

Archived