My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Constipated angry goats on cocaine.

Have you ever seen what happens when a bag of cocaine bursts inside a goats intestinal tract?!

I have. :mellow:

The nightmares! The nightmares!

Damn Cubans need to pick something stronger than a 20 year old Walmart bag if they want that *suitcase* to get here.

Pancakes anyone?

What a tease you are, Yeager.

Do I have anything to complain about? I guess I'm not overjoyed that my ears are still ringing after two nights of rock concerts, or that they will probably be ringing again after the show tomorrow night. :P

:concert::punk:

I'm a tad annoyed by the HR woman who conducted my telephone interview on Friday not phoning me back with the results like she promised. Email sent on Saturday to prod her a bit. No phone call on Monday either. Slightly "more urgent" email sent yesterday. Finally got a phone call today, which promised me *another* phone call later with the details of when the in-person interview phase is... <_<

On a similar note: I had a technical assessment and interview 12 days ago. They said they'd get back to me early last week. On Friday I sent them an email - apparently their head of recruitment went on holiday and the interviewer was in London :S.

Surely they would have known both of those were going to happen, why tell me to expect a reply when it just wasn't going to happen?

Them, and their children, and their children's children! <_<

Today's rant - yeah, you guessed it - ParcelFarce... <_<:rolleyes:

So my box o' guns has been in the UK for a week or so. ParcelFarce's tracking website hasn't been updated at all since then. I send them an email to ask why, and I get this reply::

Thank you for your email.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused to you as a result of this delay. I can understand your disappointment that the parcel was not delivered on the due delivery date.

In order for us to look in to this further please could you supply the following details:

Parcel Number

Recipient's details (name, address, *contact telephone number)

Posting date

Description of item

Parcel contents (Mandatory - search cannot be initiated without this information)

*Please note our Search Team require telephone numbers in order to contact either the sender or the receiver of the parcel. A search cannot be initiated without this information.

To ensure that you receive the quickest response to your enquiry, please could you forward the above information to moreinfo@parcelforce.co.uk we will then be able to commence the search.

I am sorry I cannot deal with your enquiry at this stage but can assure you that once the above information has been received, our Search Team will do all they can to resolve this for you.

If you require further assistance, please contact us at: parcelforce@parcelforce.co.uk

Our hours of business are Mon to Fri: 8am to 7pm, Sat: 8.30am to 5.30pm and Sun: 9am to 5pm.

Kind regards

The thing I'm most annoyed about is the bit where it asks for the parcel contents - how do they need that information to find my item, when they've already got the tracking number, my address and all the other details in their database???? (or at least they SHOULD do!!)

This is the second import in a row that I've had to chase ParcelFarce about. And therefore, my NEXT import will be shipped with FedEx or TNT or DHL....

I do feel sorry for human resources, trying to figure out if someone is sexy over the phone, can be very misleading. I have found out, to my complete and utter dissapointment, on more than one occassion, that your phone manner/voice, can be very misleading. :blink:

Yes, I was trying to imply hr only hire poeple they want to have sex with. Next time you ring up for a job interview, try to sound deep, edgy and charismatic. ;)

ParcelFarce... <_<:rolleyes:

After trying for several days to get some sense out of ParcelFarce, I sent an email to Customs, with all the details of my "missing" parcel, my UKARA details, my site membership and contact details, all of MY details, etc. I got a phone call from a nice lady at the Customs place today - less than 12 hours after I sent the email, letting me know that yes they have got my item, thanks for sending the information, they'll check it and get back to me.

So I phone my site to give them a heads-up, and about 1500 hours I get a call back from Customs to say that everything's fine and they're releasing them item immediately, charges applied, have a nice day.

So *WHY*, I ask you, did the ParcelFarce morons I've been speaking to have *NO IDEA* where the parcel was??? :headbutt:

Why was I able to get it sorted with one email, when they couldn't just pick up the phone and go "Yeah, we've got a customer asking about this parcel ref, could you just see if you've got it?" then get back to me. The reason I'm so angry with them isn't really the delay, it's the fact that they 1) Show no concern whatsoever about the item 2) Insist on being given loads of unnecessary information in order to "look for" the item and 3) Couldn't find their *albartroth* with both hands without a map, compass and Sherpa native guide... :rolleyes:

So THEN I phone up ParcelFarce to let them know that *I* found the parcel and brokered it through Customs, doing *THEIR* job for them, and could I please have it delivered ASAP, preferably tomorrow. I simply wanted to pay the charges and have them express it to me to make up for the delay and I'd have been happy. But no, I end up having a massive argument with this useless, unco-operative, obtuse *badgeress* of a "Manager" called Claire (Or Clare, or some variation) who refuses to accept that anything can be done until the system is updated with the parcel's status, despite the fact that the system has clearly broken down in this case and I'm telling *HER* exactly where the item is. She then hangs up on me.

So I phone back and speak to someone else, called Jeff (or Geoff, not sure) who actually listened to what I was telling him and said that he was pretty sure that the item would be in the pipeline to go from the Coventry Hub to the Manchester Depot overnight and there probably wouldn't be any way to intercept it. I said that I would be okay if the parcel goes to the Manchester Depot and I'll pick it up in the morning, as I have to go there anyway to post something anyway. He promised to check with Coventry and Manchester to ensure it would be okay, and get back to me.

I was feeling good at this point, I'd spoken to a genuinely helpful human being who worked for ParcelFarce, and he was going to sort it out for me. Awesome.

Of course, it was too good to be true. The git never did phone me back, no-one else knows what he did before he went home, no-one at the Coventry Hub is answering the phone even though I've got their direct line (Well, I think I have) so I'm back to square one again. Well, square two, I guess. I know the parcel is in the UK, has been released from Customs and is somewhere in the ParcelFarce system.

But I don't know if it'll be there when I go to the depot in the morning. I really hope it is. I want my stuff.

It's just such a shame that we have to rely on such inept and disinterested people - the Customs woman I spoke to sounded bright and chirpy, was extremely helpful and got everything sorted within a couple of hours - despite having thousands of items to deal with, I'm sure. But ParcelFarce can't even do a simple thing...

The worst part is that Coventry's Hub is less than a 2 hour drive from my house. But it might as well be on Mars....

Well, DHL do get your stuff to you reasonably fast. The problem is that you never know in how many pieces it might be recieved in.

It doesn't matter how well the item is packaged, they will find a way to break it.

UPS, on the otherhand, are just plain retarded, but atleast they get you your stuff. After you've returned their call and explained to them how to get to your house. They still haven't discovered the GPS.

Anyway, they both suck and I prefer Fedex.

ParcelFarce are, without a doubt, wastes of skin. <_<

Not to mention lying sacks of *suitcase*.

Surprisingly, my item was *not* at the Manchester Depot waiting for me to pick it up, even though three different people told me it would be there.

I just don't see the need for any of this. Why won't anyone just go "Okay, we've dropped the ball here, we can see why you're unhappy and we'll do everything possible to try to make up for the poor service you've received. I'll personally make sure you get your item delivered by the end of the day."

I mean, that's all it would take. Go into the warehouse. Find the item. Put it on a van, drive for 2 hours to my house. Drop it off. Job Done. Why must I continue to beat my head against the brick wall of ParcelFarce's monumental incompetence and apathy?

And of, course, it's the weekend, so no-one is answering the phone and I have to waste another two days I could be playing with my new toys twiddling my thumbs waiting until they can get back into the office so I can waste *MORE* time arguing with useless, ineffective lackwits. :angry:

Archived