My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Had that with the last one - I'd just been made redundant, so couldn't exactly shower her with shiny things, take her to nice places, etc...

I'm not sure if it made a difference. I'd like to think not. She was clearly *fruitcage* bat-*suitcase* crazy to go back to that piece of garbage... I don't think I could have done anything to stop it... She didn't leave me because I'd done anything wrong...

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which is why I'm partially glad to not have a social life now or in the future. :)<_<:(:headbutt:

Anyways, my rant for the day: Found out yesterday that I've been wearing the wrong size of shoes my whole life. Instead of US size 10.5 wide shoes I've been wearing for so long, I apparently should wear between size 8 and 9. Furthermore, my left foot is a mutant compared to my right, being much wider and either shorter/longer (can't quite remember what the one measuring said regarding that). The things you learn at the oddest times in your life.

Furthermore, my left foot is a mutant compared to my right, being much wider and either shorter/longer (can't quite remember what the one measuring said regarding that).

Like breasts, feet have a habit of being different sizes, in my family it is that one is always an inch shorter of the other.

She didn't leave me because I'd done anything wrong...

Sometimes that is always the reason. I have found though that it is always the arrogant or rude ex's that girls go back to. I have never in my life seen or known of a girl go back to a guy who was considered nicer than the person she was at the time. It doesn't make sense, but i have seen guys do it too.

I just learned damn quick to let things go, suppose one of the few advantages of having single or remarried parents all your life, you learn how fast things change.

'FireKnife'

Had a classic this morning

Approaching a roundabout, the usualy type with left/straight on/right turnings

and the foreign lorry driver in the left hand lane.......yep you guessed it, wanting to turn right without indicating

im in the right hand lane wanting to go straight on, as i see him start to swing round i think a few choice words, quickly divert towards the oncoming traffic, whack hazard lights on and begin swearing every profanity int he dictionary plus a few made up ones

one day im gunna be flattend, i can see it coming

I'd say (If this happens a lot and you have a good memory), make a mental note of the license plate and report it to the police, can't hurt. At the end of the day, its dangerous driving and someone could have been seriously hurt. I saw two Lorriess trying to race each other on the M57 the other week. I saw race, one was trying to over take the other and they both had foreign license plates but you never know, if the driver is foreign and so as such is best to air on the side of caution (When thinking their foreign). ;)

Never avoid an accident that wouldn't be your fault.

Especially not when you have witnesses.

Let him smash into you and sue the buggery out of him.

Had a classic this morning

Approaching a roundabout, the usualy type with left/straight on/right turnings

and the foreign lorry driver in the left hand lane.......yep you guessed it, wanting to turn right without indicating

im in the right hand lane wanting to go straight on, as i see him start to swing round i think a few choice words, quickly divert towards the oncoming traffic, whack hazard lights on and begin swearing every profanity int he dictionary plus a few made up ones

one day im gunna be flattend, i can see it coming

Yeah... I mean, we all know car insurance companies dodge claims at the best of times.

If you need your car to get to work, and you decide to let someone smash into it on the off-chance you'll glean some sort of compensation from the whole thing, I'd err on the side of sceptical, to say the least...

Ben.

... seriously?

You're condoning a collision with a foreign HGV as a method of extracting compensation?

That's the world we live in.

Might as well accept it and start to use it to your advantage. Because the other *fruitcage*ers are doing that, and if you don't, you'll be the one who is getting taken advantage of.

Habakure - we ought to meet up some time. I work at the TA Centre on Liverpool Road, Huyton, and travel to/from work every day on the M57/M62/M60...

Well if you get in an accident and it's the other person's fault, then their insurance pays for it, not yours. The only downside to that idea is, as my friend found out, you can get seriously injured. So ya he's getting a new car and tons of money, but he can't even carry his groceries inside. Trade-offs

I'm sorry - maybe I've had too many beers, but your post makes no sense.

"...you can get seriously insured."? What the hell does that mean?

What you need to be aware of, is that every claim, no matter if it wasn't your fault, has to be declared to new insurers for at least 5 years. And they WILL raise the cost of your premium for each previous claim, even if it wasn't your fault. You HAVE to declare these claims, because if you don't, they WILL find out through the UK insurance database and you WILL be prosecuted for fraud.

My insurance is currently costing me an extra £300 per year because some stupid woman drove into the back of my car while I was sat waiting at traffic lights three years ago. <_< Yeah, thanks for that. The compensation I gained for the crash, insurance write-off of my car and the injuries I sustained doesn't included FIVE YEARS of unjustified added costs on my premiums....

Haha let a 44 tonne HGV smash into me for compensation

id love to hear the reading at the funeral "james hell bent on suing this foreign trucker decided not to take avoiding action, which ultimately only concluded with him being scraped off the tarmac with a snow shovel"

and indeed, any accident at fault or not has to be declared and carries a minimum of 15% price hike on insurance

I'd say (If this happens a lot and you have a good memory), make a mental note of the license plate and report it to the police, can't hurt. At the end of the day, its dangerous driving and someone could have been seriously hurt. I saw two Lorries’s trying to race each other on the M57 the other week. I saw race, one was trying to over take the other and they both had foreign license plates but you never know, if the driver is foreign and so as such is best to air on the side of caution (When thinking their foreign). ;)

i see this about 3/4 times a week as a travel alot, but gave up reporting it as unless they actually hit anyone then proving they did something wrong is pointless, and the police wont follow the offender to see if it happens again, something about resources

i jsut take care now if a foreigner is in the left hand lane they are more than likely turning right, i jsut forgot to check his plates as i went past which is why i ahd a close call, otehrwise i would of stayed well back

Often i find the same up in Aberdeen however it is often the local trucks that are moving between the towns and the main city, the kind that only employ you if you have such a thick Scots accent that only they can understand each other. Too many times i have seen lorries pulling out just before cars can make a pass.

Add to that the ones that overtake another lorry at 56 (the speed limiter on them set for 56) while the other is doing 53-55, so it takes for ever, slows down the traffic and eventually the overtaking one gives up, slams on the breaks and tries to pull back in behind the other lorry, all on a dual carriageway.

Finally the best (or worst) bit being is that there is a lorry park just off the A90 which for some reason is only visited by the drivers that think it ok to cross from one side to the other, via the central reservation, when it is most inconvenient for the other drivers on both sides.

'FireKnife'

I've still not figured out why they limit lorries to 56 mph, or even 50 mph, when the speed limit is 60 mph. Over a long journey, that's got to add an hour or two to the trip. You'd think they'd want their delivery as soon as possible...

Health and Safety or whatever the UK highway and roadway equivalent is. Having been in a lorry doing 50mph+ on a motorway you see why as you think how quickly you can stop a few hundred tons? Much easier at a lower set speed :D

'FireKnife'

^^ as above, all part of the "EU directive" more than UK law dictates

Stopping 44+ tonnes of lorry safely without it jack-knifing is a thankless task at 56mph let alone anything faster

It does take longer but thats why lorries run 24/7 and drivers work some really strange shifts, also taking into account the hours they are allowed to drive, time of rest etc

The speed limit is 60mph for HGVs. If that's not safe, then it should be lowered. Unless and until it is, HGVs should be free to drive at any speed upto and including the legal limit. Simples.

I think this is an example of the UK having one rule and the EU another.

The legal limit on our roads maybe 60mps for a HGV but the EU directive states that a limit of 56mph should be imposed for any lorry that travles within the EU. Remember we do have a lot of foreign lorries on our roads, same as a lot of UK companies export via lorry to other heavy EU supporting countries.

Same as if you took a car to France you would abide by their limits and they would abide by yours. So in the case of a lorry having the restriction on at all times saves them having to drive around the UK at 60mph then stop and switch it down to 56mph when they cross the channel.

'FireKnife'

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm all for a United Europe. As long as it's called the British Empire...

I just wish the EU would get off our backs about the whole 'join us, use our currency' thing.

I mean i can't speak for any other continent but do you have the 'American Union' or the 'Pacific Union' were all the countries have to use the same currency and abide by the same set of set down regulations that really in some cases aren't neccessary.

'FireKnife'

Archived