My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In other news, I have a cold. And I'm getting old and weak - because I feel one step away from death. A few years back, I'd have gone about my business as normal, carried a handkerchief, and it would have been fine...

Damn age. Damn germs. Damn everything... <_<

In other news - women. <_<

Why are you looking to meet someone new if you've got no time to talk to said person when you meet him? Come on, who spends 9 or 10 hours per day at work, and then goes to the gym for FIVE HOURS - EVERY NIGHT???? :blink:

It's very frustrating. How do you get to know someone, much less be charming and attractive, if they're never around long enough to talk to?? :unsure:

Why are you looking to meet someone new if you've got no time to talk to said person when you meet him? Come on, who spends 9 or 10 hours per day at work, and then goes to the gym for FIVE HOURS - EVERY NIGHT???? :blink:

It's very frustrating. How do you get to know someone, much less be charming and attractive, if they're never around long enough to talk to?? :unsure:

Whoa. Big red flag. Be grateful and run away!

Why are you looking to meet someone new if you've got no time to talk to said person when you meet him? Come on, who spends 9 or 10 hours per day at work, and then goes to the gym for FIVE HOURS - EVERY NIGHT????

Got to the gym with them and develop a common interest?

Or find something else you can do together that is equally as sweat inducing and fat destroying,

Like airsoft.

Or sex. :P

'FireKnife'

That's the spirit.

Anyway new rant: SAAS (Student Awards in Scotland for those that don't know).

Right so i apply at the beginning of the year like any normal person does for a course. They issue me with a letter and i hand it in at college, fees paid. About two weeks ago college send me an invoice for fees so i ask them why. Turns out SAAS have cancelled my payment of fees due to missing a single piece of info. So i go back to SAAS and they send me a new form, the same as the old one. I phone them again to check it is correct and the say 'oh we didn't actually need that info after all'.

Why this happened i don't know but as of tomorrow i hop my fees are paid when i hand in my letter.

'FireKnife'

Well i am assuming the Army is like everything else that is controlled by Government funding, like Royal Mail and local schools. So basically they will screw with it as much as possible then ignore you when you complain? :D

Then again i am getting my course fees paid and don't have to pay them back. Thankfully the Scottish system gives you one free go then after that unless you can satisfy the SAAS group again you pay for the rest.

'FireKnife'

Typical bureaucracy...

You should try finding out that the Army has been underpaying you for two or three years, and getting THAT sorted out... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It was a nice feeling just before I left the TA the first time, after the Army realised they had been charging me completely the wrong tax rate, to get my last payslip with just a quarter of a days pay but about 600 quid of tax refunds and my bounty on it.

My idiot brother-in-law still hasn't given up his friends' address.

Yet continues to insist that I need to deal directly with them instead of him.

He hasn't picked up on the important point that if he doesn't tell me THEIR address, then the court paperwork is going to be landing on HIS doormat...

In recent weeks, BT has been driving me NUTS!!

I must be one of the few people left on this Planet who's still on Dial-up. It's not that I don't want Broadband. It's because I can't have it. In order to have a phone line, BT had to split another using a widget called a Dacs. Think of a Dacs as a multiplexer for phone lines. Anyhoo, it's not the Dacs that's causing the problem.

In recent weeks, BT has been phoning me, trying to sell me Broadband. The first time they phoned, I told them I couldn't have it because of the Dacs. They actually put the phone down on me!!!!! The second time, they offered to do a line check and then said that I could have Broadband. I asked them about the speed (I already knew what it would be). They declined to give an answer. The third time they phoned, I wasn't in any mood to be nice. I told them point blank about the Dacs and trying to sell me Broadband was a waste of time. They suggested that I contact BT to get the Dacs removed. WHAT!!! I'm on the phone talking to BT and they want me to jump through a heap of hoops so they can sell me Broadband????? If they want to sell me something, shouldn't BT be jumping through the hoops? Isn't one department of BT able to talk to another department of the SAME Company? Suffice to say, I wasn't a happy bunny.

I wrote a snotty E-Mail to the Complaints Department of BT. I told them at point blank range either; Take the Dacs off the line so I can have Broadband, or stop phoning me to sell me Broadband. BT has elected to stop phoning me.

If you really want to know. I can have up to .5meg Broadband on my phone line. That ain't Broadband. That's pathetic!!

Archived