My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Maybe they're five really slow lifts?

Oh they are, they are, still a valid rant. I use to like the old lifts where you knew when it was about to stop due to the bit of slight wieghtlessness you'd experience. Like when you go fast in a car over a bridge, then lift off slightly.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hedganian what have you done to a woman now :P

My rant people who indicate after or while making a turn, damn near had two occasions were a car narrowly missed me and the missus as the *rickroll* driving didn't indicate.

'FireKnife'

The trick seems to be to drive with the assumption that every vehicle, person or object you see is going to suddenly and without warning move into your way.

It's very tedious, however... <_<

And I haven't done anything to any women. The actual story is too lengthy and complicated to go into at this juncture, nor do I wish to further expose my gross stupidity and foolishness for more of the world to see and laugh about... :(

So, moving on....

And I haven't done anything to any women. The actual story is too lengthy and complicated to go into at this juncture, nor do I wish to further expose my gross stupidity and foolishness for more of the world to see and laugh about...

Then don't post about it to start with, you all know what a bunch of nosey *suitcase* 's we are :P.

'FireKnife'

The trick seems to be to drive with the assumption that every vehicle, person or object you see is going to suddenly and without warning move into your way.

It's very tedious, however... <_<

And I haven't done anything to any women. The actual story is too lengthy and complicated to go into at this juncture, nor do I wish to further expose my gross stupidity and foolishness for more of the world to see and laugh about... :(

So, moving on....

Cant be that lengthy and it is always better to air the truth then have a load of people assume something else.

Just watching the remake "Taxi", first time I've ever watched it. Its alight to be honest, if a little annoying now and again, though its very little.

Cant be that lengthy and it is always better to air the truth then have a load of people assume something else.

My assumption: You tried to involve the dog, she said no and you then suggested her hotter sister instead..........

I miss the add one line post thread we had a year or so ago.

'FireKnife'

A rant we've probably all heard before...

Just worked out what i'm gonna have to pay on my order from ehobbyasia...

Total cost of the order was £51 including express shipping... Import tax will be a tenner on top of that, and then Parcelfarces handling charges at £13.50.

Yes, that's right, i'll likely be paying half as much again for my order! The customs charge I don't mind on it's own, it's a fair charge, as I didn't have to pay VAT on the order itself, but the £13.50 charge on top of that is just a little grating...

Now I remember why I never import stuff.

EDIT: In fact, if you work out the percentage cost of the handling fee against the value of the order itself excluding shipping, the handling fee alone is 40% of the original cost...

Who do I complain to, because that's just insane.

Complain to ParcelFarce, obviously. But it won't do any good.

Their "standard" charge is £8.50, IIRC and the £13.50 applies to parcels using the international EMS network (which is most things, I'd expect).

The only other thing you can do is use another courier service, but pretty much all of them apply "service charges" for handling Customs on your behalf (even when they don't actually do it - Yes, UPS, I'm looking at *you*) which is not optional.

Basically, they're getting paid twice for doing their job - once by the sender and once by you. <_<

Basically Parcel Force are *suitcase* they get paid twice to deliver an item, they never keep to their 24hr delivery service despite you living well within the 24hr area of the UK and when they do 'deliver' the item they shove a slip through the door instead.

I just try my best not to use them, too bad most UK companies do or charge you much more for UPS and DHL.

'FireKnife'

Another thing that pees me off about them is their 'Home Delivery Network'.

Sometimes, even though you've paid to have the package delivered, they'll outsource it to private couriers working on a contract with them.

These guys don't ring the bell or shove a note on the door; they simply leave the package outside your house.

Twice now I've been wondering where my parcel is while putting rubbish out, and found it stuffed behind our wheelie bins! Left out all day in the rain.

Ben.

Another thing that pees me off about them is their 'Home Delivery Network'.

With mine they just hand them over to RM which takes a whole day apparently, so it turns up within 48-72 hours if i am lucky <_<

Personally i often try to use RM if i can, thankfully at ESC they will send out a pistol via RM Special Delivery service which does mean it will actually turn up the next day.

'FireKnife'

Believe it or not, rmsd isn't actually garunteed next day. You can't report it as 'missing' or lost until 5 working days after you've sent it. Stupid system.

Think you will find it is, as if you can provide a claim and email that supports a sent date and tracking number issue AND you live in the 75% of the UK that is guarenteed next day delivery on SD then you will get a refund and an apology.

I did for the one time my SD package was one day late. They refunded me the difference (as the sender) between SD and the standard parcel service, not a full one mind you but at least something.

'FireKnife'

I'm pretty sure the phrase "Guaranteed Delivery by 1pm" implies a guarantee... <_<

And, indeed, I have also claimed a postal cost refund from the retailer when an item I paid for wasn't delivered on time. It's up to the sender to claim from Royal Mail - they're the ones who paid for the service.

Archived