My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Great shame you couldn't get his reg - that twat deserves to be reported and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Could easily have been a lot more serious than just a wing mirror.

While we're on the subject - wing mirrors. They're without a doubt the most vulnerable part of a car, right? So why the hell do manufacturers insist on making them more and more complicated and expensive by putting useless things in them?

Putting indicator repeaters in the mirror arms is stupid. They were perfectly fine down on the front wing - if anything they were MORE visible to traffic from the side, but no, now almost every car has the damn things on the mirror.

If they want to make mirror arms more complex, why not do something useful like put little wipers on them for when the weather is bad? :unsure:

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahh teh thread is dead ... my rants for today, installing the malice clips onto the HSGI TACO pouches ... these little *fruitcage*ers are tight ! I ended up with my fingers completely f-upped in the end. <_<

Another rant, was installing/configuring a new distro on my laptop at the same time i was doing some work ( which coincidentally also involved configuring/installing a distro ) on a VM, since i didn't want to have the laptop wasting precious desk space while it was installing i decided to do things through SSH. Unfortunately i mixed up the consoles and was mixing everything up <_<

Yeeey a couple hours work down the drain :rolleyes:

Great shame you couldn't get his reg - that twat deserves to be reported and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Could easily have been a lot more serious than just a wing mirror.

While we're on the subject - wing mirrors. They're without a doubt the most vulnerable part of a car, right? So why the hell do manufacturers insist on making them more and more complicated and expensive by putting useless things in them?

Putting indicator repeaters in the mirror arms is stupid. They were perfectly fine down on the front wing - if anything they were MORE visible to traffic from the side, but no, now almost every car has the damn things on the mirror.

If they want to make mirror arms more complex, why not do something useful like put little wipers on them for when the weather is bad? :unsure:

Totally agree re repeaters in mirrors, up where they can't be seen if a car is edging out through a gateway for instance.

Another indicator thing is putting them either side of the grill between the headlights, so they can't be seen if the headlights aren't set right (and even if they are they often drown out the indicators).

As for dangerous driving, take a look at this shocking example, good on the driver with the camera:

The internet connection I'm on isn't good enough to stream video. :(

It's comparable to the old dial-up lines...

Guy with dashcam has a small smart car sized thing ignore he has right of way and pulls out infront nearly hitting him, then shoots off, overtaking cars by going on the wrong side of the road past traffic islands, nearly hits a few more cars, and hits a 75 year old man crossing the road without stopping.

Dashcam guy gives chase, phones police and blocks her in so she can be arrested. She denies hitting anyone and apparently only broke down in tears when she saw the video and realised she was in trouble. A real caring sort.

my little rant,

Out of the 150 odd freinds I have on facebook, 2 people yesterday had a status relating to the Norway terror attacks, and they where in Norway at the time. Today, my screen is awash with updates about Amy Winehouse. I'd prefer not to get into any "she deserverd it!" etc, and I'm not demanding that people should update thier facebook status in solidarity about Norway, god knows I didn't, but its crazy what people take as a priority nowadays.

Repeat the experience a few degrees to the other side and you won't have to worry about (anymore)* kids :P

*delete as applicable.

Seriously though, I'd think about a bag of frozen veg might come in handy...

Out of the 150 odd freinds I have on facebook, 2 people yesterday had a status relating to the Norway terror attacks, and they where in Norway at the time. Today, my screen is awash with updates about Amy Winehouse. I'd prefer not to get into any "she deserverd it!" etc, and I'm not demanding that people should update thier facebook status in solidarity about Norway, god knows I didn't, but its crazy what people take as a priority nowadays.

I had one about her. God bless Sickipedia.

A "celebrity's" self-inflicted death-by-stupidity is obviously more important to most people than random terrorist murders in some country they are only vaguely aware of and don't care about.

The vast majority of society are a lost cause and really should be purged.

What I'm wondering about is why that gun-toting whackjob thought he was defending Western Europe from Marxists and Muslims by attacking a bunch of Norweigian holidaymakers at an idyllic summer camp island?

Wouldn't it have made more sense to blow up a mosque or two? :unsure:

What I'm wondering about is why that gun-toting whackjob thought he was defending Western Europe from Marxists and Muslims by attacking a bunch of Norweigian holidaymakers at an idyllic summer camp island?

Wouldn't it have made more sense to blow up a mosque or two? :unsure:

Apparently he thought it was better to deal as big a blow to the 'muslim friendly' labour party by killing as many of their future best and brightest as possible. Nothing more lethal than a psycho with brains.

Hope Pkeyko Nor and our other Norwegian forummates and their families are ok.

If you jump off a tall building, it's not tragic that you leave a splat mark on the ground, its the expected outcome of your actions.

Same deal with Winehouse. Young death is the expected outcome of being a junkie.

Although, she did make me look really young and fresh-faced for my age considering she was a year older than me but looked about 60 odd.

I guess there's nowt like having a junkie about the house to make you look younger.

So anyway. Royal Fail's "track and trace" system.

It does neither tracking nor tracing.

All it tells me is that they have it in their system. Great. Whoop-de-do. I already know that, hence why I have a tracking number. The sodding retailer told me that much. What I want is some actual tracking. You know, details as to where the hell my stuff is? How long I can be expected to wait? That kinda thing.

Well if it is RM Recorded then it isn't actually Track and Trace it just tells you if a signature has been given yet or not. Special Delivery is the only one with proper Track and Trace on its stops around the country but that is only 50% reliable at best.

Personally i only use SD as it is less likely to get lost having seen how it works comapred to the normal mail.

'FireKnife'

I had one about her. God bless Sickipedia.

People not sharing said jokes

Anyways, todays rants are the dumb milkman reversing out of a junction, simply because he couldn't be arsed to drive an extra 50 feet to a turn around, and nearly knocking me off my bike.

Rant two is my idiot workmate who smells like he hasn't washed all month and tries to cover it up with a deodourant that smells like it was designed to be the aftershave from anchorman

I also hate people that think deodorant is an acceptable substitute for washing. :waggle:

I have had girls tell me I smell nice when I haven't even been wearing deodorant or aftershave. I just had a shower in the morning and put on clean clothes.

That's not to say I never use it, just not always. There is, for example, a can of deodorant permanently residing in my airsoft kit bag, just to take the edge off a hard days sweat before I get home to the shower. :P

There is, for example, a can of deodorant permanently residing in my airsoft kit bag, just to take the edge off a hard days sweat before I get home to the shower. :P

This is perfectly acceptable, what isn't is when it's 7:30am, the most tiring thing you've done is make a cup of tea and you smell like a pair of week old sweaty socks

I went home with a girl once and her room smelled like that.

My shirt even smelled like socks on the walk home the next day just from being on her floor for a couple of hours.

I never called her back.

I hate:

Chavs coming into the beach shop i work and asking me 'yeah mate which bb gun is the most powerful out of these?'.

I like:

Being able to tell them that my own ones have twice the power, three times the range, fires semi automaatically and isn't painted bright red, orange and green. That and i am legally allowed to buy them in whatever configuration i want. :P

Just brightens up my day when you get one over on these kind of people, the ones that can't work out 3x7 but know that three times weekly benefits is £801.33, worrying really.

'FireKnife'

Archived