My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Erm, ok I am confused?

You want our help or not, or have you just been suckered in by another King of Nigeria style scam :P?

Not a scam, but I get a weird hunch the chick has more issues than Detective Comics.

One mention of a missing girl, and fireknife pops up...!

Edit, missing as in you've lost contact, or missing as in no one has seen her?

Apologies for jokes if the latter :)

So, here's the deal: one of the local bloggers started whining she lost contact with her daughter, who happens to live in the UK, more precisely - Bradford. Her daughter's husband apparently died this July and as for the girl herself, there was no sign from her since a year (if I got all the details right). Of course the blogger is going crazy over this and, worse yet, some initial checking doesn't confirm her story. Sure, I got names, hell, I even got a street address, but names don't pop up on Google (I mean, if a guy died, and he reportedly was an admin for some local website helping Poles around Bradford, someone would mention him by name, right?) or even on Facebook (well, who doesn't have a Facebook account these days, seriously?!). My guess is it's time to tighten the screws as I'm being played.

Yeah, consider that bad news.

Okay, so you wanna chase this ghost or not? I got some more details and I still maintain the chick has more issues than Marvel Comics. Got a photo of her and her husband, plus some more or less crazy leads, from the one saying she went bonkers to the one saying she's dead and someone stole her identity and e-mail account. Maybe I should set up a separate thread for that.

Wait she has a husband, this could be tricky :P

But seriously do you have any real evidence that this person exists or could really be in any danger?

'FireKnife'

She HAD a husband. She's a widow. At least that's the official version which already managed to contradict itself in a few places (for example, the guy who, according to the website he was administrating, died from leukemia in July, posted that he's going to die soon at a different site in August, and then the widow posted his life story, reportedly written soon before his death, in September).

All I have is her mother's story, two photos (comparing them with the mom's photos I found on Facebook, the resemblance is enough to make it believable), e-mail address, street address, and a number of a phone nobody picked up since last July.

Also, I already shot an e-mail to the cops in UK, and they're pretty helpful. I hope it works out, at least as far as I am involved.

One thing, how do you know this person, either the mother or the missing girl in question?

Almost not at all, which didn't stop the cops from sending a bobby down to the address her mother gave me and confirming the girl indeed lives there and is all right.

I expected worse, honestly. But maybe that's because I always do.

Ah yes, that scene.

What is with Gearbox doing that? Seriously, give the characters no back story first time around, then do "that" once we get to know them all better.

Heck, he was my main in the first game.

What I don't get is why people are saying that Handsome Jack is, and I quote, "best villain ever!". Really?

Now that I think about it, it is totally mental.

I die all the time in the game and I keep showing up at a "new you" station nearby.

It's not a special thing, Hyperion take the money directly out of my bank account.

I kill people by the 100s of thousands and I don't care because I imagine they all show up at a "new you" station somewhere else too. I always imagine it would be slightly embarrassing if I died and showed up at a "new you" station and there was a queue of blokes I had just killed there waiting for a bus.

Anyway, Roland could use the "new you" station in the first game so why can't he now?

Is it something to do with Hyperion being under Jack's control? Then why can I still use them?

If we really want to kill Jack then at some point we will have to hack into the "new you" system, delete his backups and kill him before he can get to another station.

That was actually brought up on various forums.

I believe the developers deleted some threads about it because they were unable to answer.

Fanon says Jack couldn't be restored using the New-U, because the system locked up trying to figure out the percentage of gazillion it was supposed to take from his bank account. Pretty hilarious, I'd go with that.

Well in shops down in the South they just kept some of the non-food Christmas stuff on a shelf at half price after New Year, as by the time it came back round to Christmas it would be sold again.

Saying that when you start seeing non-food in stores at around July for Christmas then it is worrying. What next, start sorting out Easter in October?

:P

'FireKnife'

Archived