My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Old farts at the doctor's. I had to get a work-related routine checkup, and that old fart wanted to "only ask for a prescription". Boom, half an hour up the *albatross* as the old fart just gets in the doc's office and doesn't get out for thirty *fruitcage* minutes.

And they do that all the time. ALL. THE. TIME.

Also, shops. I wanted to order four dummy grenades, turns out some idiot at the web store put wrong amount of stock in and just today, a couple of days after ordering, I get an e-mail stating that there are no grenades I want and what do I plan doing about that. Turns out what they have put up in the web store and what they really have in stock are two totally different things. Another shop? Luckily I noticed it today, but they ran out of red berets and black suspenders, "but they can sell me a pair of olive suspenders instead". NO, GO *fruitcage* YOURSELVES YOU CRETINS! How hard is it to write "RED BERETS - OUT OF *fruitcage* STOCK!", seriously?!

So I had to put new orders today and I really hope they arrive before next weekend, because if they don't, I can kiss the Fighting Games photoshoot goodbye. Can't be Rolento without grenades and a red beret.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have one class in particular in which I have reached even my limit for tolerance in regards to the instructor.

Anthropology of the Middle East, or as the class likes to call it, "the class where we sit for 2 hours and listen to him rant about the US and Israel's evils and talk only about Afghanistan for all contexts of the course material".

The fellow teaching it seems to want to pry into everything about each of us. Also, before class and during, he always tries to shut down any argument put forth about any subject. Afterwards, he'll send emails to whoever argued with him that are basically "this is why you're wrong".

Last class he tried to argue with me about the arms trade. He sent me today a email that consists of a link to one of those *suitcasey* UN small arms report that most seem to take for the absolute truth. I just know that when I sit down today, he'll walk straight up to my desk and ask what I thought. Unfortunately I can't spend half an hour lecturing him about the reality of the arms trade, the lack of complete data, the facts the UN doesn't cover, etc.

I also just can't throw books like The Gun at him. It would be an insult to the book.

The worst part is that he always tries to act as though he is unbiased, that he is simply putting forth comparisons.

So yeah, I'll say it: *fruitcage* him and the ten page nightmare I have to write this weekend because he doesn't even know how to write prompts that are comprehensible or are actually supportable. I know I will probably have to deal with more like him, but trying to put himself as more knowledgeable on a subject he has no real insight into is just blood boiling.

Unfortunately I can't spend half an hour lecturing him about the reality of the arms trade, the lack of complete data, the facts the UN doesn't cover, etc.

Who says you can't? Go on, pull out the data and thoroughly trounce the *bramston pickle*.

Sounds like some of my teachers back in school but then they could pull the 'I am the teacher and I am right' card.

Still next time just collate a nice little collection of evidence, I am sure you can find some, put it in a nice little presentation and when he comes up to ask if you understand you are wrong say no, upload your presentation, give a very dry and sarcastic one, seeing as you are in America use some mocking too as it is more popular over there it seems and see just how many other people in the room side with you and prove once and for all that this guy really doesn't get his own subject.

Always good when that happens.

'FireKnife'

Or being shot with a three round burst by your friend as he knee slides past you.

First shot hits you in the nads, you scream, second hits you in the chest, third goes right in your open mouth, past all the teeth, tongue, uvula and all that junk and punches into the soft tissue at the back of your throat, lodging there.

Actually happened.

Nope.

Airsofting for 23 years, all close up aggressive stuff.

'Werks regular <doffs cap>.

I have only been shot in the mouth twice, once lost a bit of tooth and once the above story.

The reduction in risk just doesn't justify the lack of comfort/loss of peripheral vision/loss of cheek weld.

My teeth are *fruitcage*ed enough without getting shot in them.

That being said, my mesh lower spends more time on top of my head than on my face if I'm sniping.

Cause you wouldn't make Michaelangelo wear oven gloves would you? ;)

I just shove on the full face and deal with it :P.

But then as I don't have a stock to aim down why would it make a difference, plus I don't seems to lose much in the way of peripheral vision when I use a full face, just give the mesh a little bend here and there to make it more concave and fit the face.

But then I have my looks and they are useful to me ;)

'FireKnife'

Full face all the time , have seen too many teeth shot out and near misses to people's eyes to take the risk , bit like riding a motorbike with no crash helmet , if you want to risk a serious injury to teeth , eyes etc go ahead and be my guest . Just remember it only takes one mistake or accident to happen !!!!

Just remember it only takes one mistake or accident to happen !!!!

True, but if we all went by that logic we would never leave the house :P.

Still full face is very useful to have, even if it is two seperate parts that cover the face to allow the sweat to not build up etc.

My rant, I have £10 in my Paypal account along with a few items for sale on eBay that is stuck in my Paypal account as they wont verify my bank account. Time to spend it on eBay stuff then, would rather it could come out of my account and go to attending a game.

'FireKnife'

A day which was meant to be epic just turned out shocking, things I learned were:

I somehow suck at using shotguns.

Airsoft guns like playing up when I go airsofting but work fine when I'm not actually at a skirmish.

Dominos the night before airsoft is a really bad choice.

4 hours sleep before airsoft is also a bad choice.

So basically yesterday my guns weren't working OK so that made me sad, I lost a M4 mid cap, I felt ill, I felt tired and in general I just had a bad day.

Also I had some utter idiot (because swears aren't allowed here) think that he had two lanes so he started overtaking people... right towards me! He seemed genuinely unphased and only pulled in at the last moment before hitting my car head on! After I'd passed he started overtaking everyone again! I sincerely hope that he is laying in a grave somewhere after crashing his car (without hurting anyone else of course!).

On the upside I've got most of this week off work!

1. I somehow suck at using shotguns.

2. Airsoft guns like playing up when I go airsofting but work fine when I'm not actually at a skirmish.

3. Dominos the night before airsoft is a really bad choice.

4. 4 hours sleep before airsoft is also a bad choice.

Ok:

1. How do you suck at point and click, is it really that hard, they only put sights on shotguns because they got bored.

2. About right, this is when you go sod it and run around having a laugh with what you have got.

3. Dominos is NEVER a bad choice, as punishment you shouldn't have any for a month.

4. Pansy. Four hours then drive 2hrs to a site for me.

:P, ;) and :D

'FireKnife'

Ok:

1. How do you suck at point and click, is it really that hard, they only put sights on shotguns because they got bored.

2. About right, this is when you go sod it and run around having a laugh with what you have got.

3. Dominos is NEVER a bad choice, as punishment you shouldn't have any for a month.

4. Pansy. Four hours then drive 2hrs to a site for me.

:P, ;) and :D

'FireKnife'

1. Quiet you! :P

2. I was trying to have fun, but I just wasn't feeling it yesterday.

3. I hadn't had Domino's for about 3 months prior to this one. Maybe that's why it caused my insides so much distress!

4. Long drives aren't a problem, providing there's no one trying to crash into you. ;)

I can sleep in my own bed OK, but I don't really sleep at places other than home. It was however closer to the site so it meant I could get up later. :P

1. Nien :P.

2. Fair enough, I had a day like that once, but that was due to the site and nothing else.

3. Again fair enough, I seem to have it about once every three weeks, on a Tuesday, at the missus place.

4. True, but then around here it is more the ice, the farmers, the local chavs on the way back and then knowing that at the end of the journey you have a *suitcase* site to go to.

I wish I was back in the south, were going to a game was something worth getting up for :(

Same on the above though, I can sleep in a bed that is mine, or with the missus fine, but anything else and it just isn't happening. :P

'FireKnife'

Wait they had them at £129.99, now £99.99.

Are they made of cheese and surrender?

'FireKnife'

It says £199.99

They did have another Thompson, M1A1 at £130 a little while ago though. I may be going senile, however. :P

EDIT: Looks like it is on sale, too.

http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/King-Arms-Thompson-M1A1-Military_AZK49.aspx

It says £199.99

They did have another Thompson, M1A1 at £130 a little while ago though. I may be going senile, however. :P

EDIT: Looks like it is on sale, too.

http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/King-Arms-Thompson-M1A1-Military_AZK49.aspx

Ah that is why, both of them were on sale at £129.99 about a week or two ago, but it seems now the M1928 is down to £99.99. Why, is it that bad or have they really just got to get rid of them for new stock?

I thought they would have sold well to the WW2 nuts? :P

'FireKnife'

I assume it's just your usual clearance sale to make room for new stuff. They do another version of the KA M1928 which is £300++ so I guess the one on sale must be a sportline or something. :P

WW2 nuts are probably waiting for the ICS Garand M1! I would be if I were so inclined... must be boring with everyone fielding M1A1s and MP40s all day long.

Archived