My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Talking of Tommy Guns, Action Hobbies has the KA M1928 on sale at the moment:

http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/King-Arms-Thompson-M1928-Airsoft-Tommy-Gun_A12JBC.aspx?nh=290411

£99.99 for anyone who's interested. :)

Emailed them as they don't allow regular orders from abroad. And for 100 quid, I'm hitting that like a fist of an angry god. (anything less than 180 quid makes me wanna hit it)
  • Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can sleep pretty much anywhere. Moving vehicles, (including busses, trains, cars, boats, anything), strange places, camp beds at airsoft events, rear seat of my car at airsoft events, front seat of my car in the FREEZING COLD at airsoft events, etc etc etc.

it does usually take me about 40 minutes to actually fall asleep once i close my eyes and attempt it proper though...

It'll be pricey I imagine, but shouldn't be a problem with the express shipping.

145 quid, and ParcelFarce has objections towards international shipping of RIFs. Which is bizarre as Hong Kong Post nor Polish Post have no problems with this stuff altogether.

I assume it's just your usual clearance sale to make room for new stuff. They do another version of the KA M1928 which is £300++ so I guess the one on sale must be a sportline or something. :P

WW2 nuts are probably waiting for the ICS Garand M1! I would be if I were so inclined... must be boring with everyone fielding M1A1s and MP40s all day long.

They could also field Kar98Ks, Mosin Nagants, MP44s, 1911s, P38s, Stens, Lugers and BARs :P.

As for the £300 odd one isn't that the gold looking one that is too overpriced?

I can sleep pretty much anywhere. Moving vehicles, (including busses, trains, cars, boats, anything), strange places, camp beds at airsoft events, rear seat of my car at airsoft events, front seat of my car in the FREEZING COLD at airsoft events, etc etc etc.

it does usually take me about 40 minutes to actually fall asleep once i close my eyes and attempt it proper though...

Lucky you, worst for me is planes, a 12hr journey to HK, then 3hrs in the terminal and another 13hr journey to NZ, now that was not fun as I had already been awake for about 10hrs and now had that to go through :(.

Anyway, how fast can I expect a parcel to arrive from UK to Poland? If they agree, I need that thing over here next Friday at the latest.

Shouldn't be too bad, it is usually stuff coming into the UK that has issues.

I can get a 7 minute safety sleep literally anywhere including standing up.

And a proper night's sleep anywhere I can sit or lie.

Best. Skill. Ever.

Git, but then that is what you get when you get older :P. I am used to being up, not spending precious hours sleeping. ;)

145 quid, and ParcelFarce has objections towards international shipping of RIFs. Which is bizarre as Hong Kong Post nor Polish Post have no problems with this stuff altogether.

This is because you just do what everyone else does, just don't tell them what it is and give them the money or say it is a toy gun or box of toy guns which they seem to have no issue with. Remember Parcel Force is run by the same people that bought you the pathetic size and weight system for posting small items.

'FireKnife'

They could also field Kar98Ks, Mosin Nagants, MP44s, 1911s, P38s, Stens, Lugers and BARs :P.

As for the £300 odd one isn't that the gold looking one that is too overpriced?

Well 1911s are everywhere anyways. It's just that the WW2 players I've met (and these were at normal skrims not WW2 sim) all had auto AEGs and complained there just weren't enough options. The bolt actions are low capacity and fees off mags instead of clips, and/or have ejecting shells making them impractical.

BARs were nice but overly expensive, etc. so what they'd say is the WW2 games just end up being a old-look skin on contemporary airsoft skrims. :)

£300 for any gold look gun is just... Urgh! :/

This is because you just do what everyone else does, just don't tell them what it is and give them the money or say it is a toy gun or box of toy guns which they seem to have no issue with. Remember Parcel Force is run by the same people that bought you the pathetic size and weight system for posting small items.

Too bad they lump toy guns and paintball markers with RIFs as "VERBOTEN SCHITT".

Well 1911s are everywhere anyways. It's just that the WW2 players I've met (and these were at normal skrims not WW2 sim) all had auto AEGs and complained there just weren't enough options. The bolt actions are low capacity and fees off mags instead of clips, and/or have ejecting shells making them impractical.

BARs were nice but overly expensive, etc. so what they'd say is the WW2 games just end up being a old-look skin on contemporary airsoft skrims. :)

£300 for any gold look gun is just... Urgh! :/

That is true, in WW2 games when they have ammo limits and such it is easier to play with other guns etc. The open day guys up here field all sorts but that is because it is a case of site owner and his mates so you have to be careful of the FPS they are kicking out which is never good.

It can turn out like that, but then there isn't much focus on WW2 etc, even VN stuff is easier to sort out.

And yes, whay would anyone want a golden M1928?

Too bad they lump toy guns and paintball markers with RIFs as "VERBOTEN SCHITT".

Typical BS from them then, as I have sold and sent stuff through them calling it 'toy guns' and they didn't bat an eyelid and the item turned up late as usual for PF.

'FireKnife'

Is there any alternative to ParcelFarce to get the item to you? I've found them to be consistently *suitcase* and wouldn't waste money on them anymore. Even Home Delivery Network or whatever it is called now has been better for me, and they just seem to be a random bunch of white van drivers.

Yeah, but PF are the only ones sending overseas.

Also, how long does it take for a shop to reply to one goddamned e-mail?!

Depends:

Decent shop: One hour max.

Average shop: half a day max.

Z1 or AW: You would be lucky.

I would say AH are an average shop so expect about half a day max for a reply.

I'm sure by lunch time they'll have gotten back to you. :) Well, fingers crossed anyways!

Usually they did with me, took a bit longer than normal but that is it.

'FireKnife'

The fact that I'm feeling like a kid hopped on sugar on a Christmas morning doesn't help. The faster they reply, the less troublesome will it be if PF or the local postal service *fruitcage*s up.

I REALLY need it next Friday.

The fact that I'm feeling like a kid hopped on sugar on a Christmas morning doesn't help. The faster they reply, the less troublesome will it be if PF or the local postal service *fruitcage*s up.

I REALLY need it next Friday.

I know that feel, bro! :-) Nothing like new toys!!

What's the occasion anyways?

Some photoshoot right? :P

Yeah, Film Noir photoshoot. Men in suits and fedoras, flappers, femmes fatales, the whole lot.

I even got a script for a series of photos written and posted: http://seriously-mike.tumblr.com/post/34732837564/noir-story-outline-pl-en (scroll down, it's actually translated to English)

Also, if you excuse me, I'll go insane because of some big-*albatross* vibrating machine pulling steel plates out of the ground (they're burying the newly built ventilation station for the second subway underground line). It was calm for two months when all there was were concrete mixers, cranes and rebar-laying crews.

AH are apparently NOT intelligent enough to try using another courier.

Now I'm not sure whether I want to do it the roundabout way as in "someone with a defense buys it for me and sends it forward" (time constraints), jump on AH some more (come on, the customer is always right when he wants to pay!) or just sod it and order locally (for 200 quid).

If you want it for a week on Friday best to order locally.

If you do get AH to sort it then it will take ages.

If you do get someone hear to buy it then you are looking about 48hrs til they get it then the cost of sending it over and as it is a personal package it seems customs is more happy to jump on those.

Best just to get it locally and do away with all the pathetic RF and AH worries.

'FireKnife'

Archived