My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems that is the options then and as Mike_West wants it for next Friday might have to be a buy locally job.

Now if you wanted it in a month that would have been done easily.

A month ago I didn't have my paycheck yet.

Also, Cybergun proves to be a bunch of gormless berks with rotten straw for brains AGAIN. Their Polish shop just doesn't want to accept my order. Tomorrow, I'm calling their customer service and raising a *suitcase*storm the size of Hurricane Sandy.

So what they have free shipping and give me a knockoff Fulton torch as a gift, IF I CAN'T PLACE MY GODDAMNED ORDER?!

And the language filter doesn't work like it should.

A month ago I didn't have my paycheck yet.

Also, Cybergun proves to be a bunch of gormless berks with rotten straw for brains AGAIN. Their Polish shop just doesn't want to accept my order. Tomorrow, I'm calling their customer service and raising a *suitcase*storm the size of Hurricane Sandy.

So what they have free shipping and give me a knockoff Fulton torch as a gift, IF I CAN'T PLACE MY GODDAMNED ORDER?!

And the language filter doesn't work like it should.

Then maybe you might have to go without for once? If you are relying on your paycheck and not saving up for the future a little bit for events like this then it feels like a lack of planning is coming back to haunt you.

As for the shop not accepting your order, that is pointless on their part, why would a shop not accept anyones order?

'FireKnife'

Then maybe you might have to go without for once? If you are relying on your paycheck and not saving up for the future a little bit for events like this then it feels like a lack of planning is coming back to haunt you.

As for the shop not accepting your order, that is pointless on their part, why would a shop not accept anyones order?

Because the idiots from their IT department broke something and the webshop software doesn't work. Of course, it turned out to be possible to order it on the phone, but because of that I have to withdraw a wad of cash from the ATM as I can't pay online. Berks, I say.

*fruitcage* Google and Youtube changing their layouts to be a complete mess and unintuitive. What the hell are they playing at? Utterly bizarre.

Typical Google and Youtube, plus eBay keep doing it too, changing the pages they use to make them harder to use. Plus they keep trying to send the mobile versions for my netbook, I don't want it, it is terrible, please give me the page for the normal one.

'FireKnife'

Also, the "sweet sixteen" I was invited to on Saturday. It was bizarre.

First, I have no bloody idea why the girl in question had the bright idea to invite me of all people. Sure, she's a photographer and I'm the armorer in the same hobby group, so that may be a reason, but I'm still impressed with my restraint that I haven't murdered a good couple of terminally stupid teens with a rusty hatchet.

Second, I'm flirting with one girl who was at that party. She's barely legal, as in, had her 18th birthday two weeks ago. Even considering she's skinny and no taller than 5'0", getting drunk with one shot of vodka and then moping for four hours is a bit extreme.

Third, her boyfriend didn't show up. And I got mistaken for her new boyfriend, since I was trying to keep her from doing anything stupid.

Fourth, we got kicked out of the pub. So we went to the other side of the city, to one of the guests' house. "My" girl cheered up after one alcopop and spent the whole night wearing the guy's t-shirt. With an image of two kissing chicks on it. My spider sense went mental. Moreso when the two locked themselves in the bathroom.

Fifth, the tranny. All was fine and dandy, and then, at 5AM (when I was way too knackered to stay awake, despite having only two beers and one JD on the rocks, and that before 9PM) I got woken up by very disturbing male gasping (very disturbing as I remembered the girl I was flirting with was last seen snuggling with a guy on an armchair right next to me). It was pitch-*albatross* dark and the armchair was (mercifully) obstructing the view, but apparently the tranny was having fun with some guy. In a room full of sleeping people. Seriously, I'm not prejudiced, but have some *fruitcage* decency!

Last, in the morning "my" girl started cuddling with me. After giving the guy his t-shirt back, but taking his button-up shirt instead. It was awkward. Mostly for me.

First world problems: Windows update caused "missing bootmgr" on my PC and I couldn't find the repair disc (who still uses optical drives anyway?). On the same day, I soft bricked my android by installing the wrong kernel, and the backup was missing. I was headed out of town, so I spent the whole weekend with no data, trying to answer texts on my ridiculous Motofone.

right, i know i've ranted non expandable/inadequate storage in phones before, but here it goes again.

yesterday i was made aware of the existence of the LG/google nexus 4. it looks like an incredible phone, it's got a snapdragon S4 pro chip (if im not mistaken the most powerful SOC currently available), a nice screen (a little too large for my liking, but hey i can learn to live with that if it means i can have an S4 pro), looks nicer than the SGS3, comes with android 4.2 out of the box and i can get one with 16GB internal storage for under £300 sim free!

but wait... where's the micro SD slot? or the 32GB version? or the 64GB version? surely google/LG aren't releasing a HD superphone with a bleeding edge processor and expect 16GB to suffice? oh... they are.

dear google, choke on a bag of *rickrolls*! with more and more HD content available and with the big mobile games getting bigger and flashier, 16GB is not enough! hell, personally i'd say 32GB isn't enough. if you make the options available then everyone is happy. chantelle at the hairdressers can have the 8GB model which is perfect for her requirements of Facebook, twitter and duck face photos. but what about people like me who want to fill their phones with music, games and video? you know, people who want to use the phone as the multimedia powerhouse that it should be? i refuse to make do with 16GB of storage, so congrats google you've lost yourself a buyer.

FFS, just whack a micro SD slot in it! chantelle will buy it and make do with the internal storage, i'd buy it and stick a 64GB SDXC in it. ta-daaa! you'd have successfully sold 2 phones instead of just 1. better yet (from google's perspective) stick to non expandable storage but release a greater range. i'd happily pay another £100+ for a phone with a decent amount of storage. so you'd have been able to sell 2 phones and make extra profit on the 64GB model. it'd be a win-win situation!

And it's not like the market won't shell out for it either. Just look at the massive markup on iPhones for the high cap models. They sell by the shed load. It truly is a bizzare stance that Google have taken with it.

And it's not like the market won't shell out for it either. Just look at the massive markup on iPhones for the high cap models. They sell by the shed load. It truly is a bizzare stance that Google have taken with it.

Those who decide such things, are usually the same people who don't end up using it.

It's like coffins really. Unless you decide before parting.

With my Galaxy Nexus also running 4.2 I'm just not motivated to upgrade yet, despite being an early adopter and a Google device enthusiast.

The Gnex was 16GB only, and I would have paid extra for 32 had it been an option. I don't require much local media or data storage (most of that is on the cloud these days) but somehow it's still about half full. An 8GB Nexus 4 seems like a bad idea.

I find the recent lack of microSD slots on flagship phones disturbing--yes, there's USB OTG, Dropbox, Google Play and Drive and whatever, but this is one of those basic features that set Android apart in the first place. What's next, a non-removable battery? Oh, wait....

With a card slot you have physical file transfer/sharing options, in addition to cheap optional memory upgrades. I could have fixed my soft bricked phone easily, even while traveling, by downloading a fresh ROM onto a card in another phone or tablet instead of requiring software to push it to internal memory.

1.Wake up with migrane.

2.Take not produced any longer excedrin.

3.End up almost out of it whilst driving to my one class for the day (other was cancelled).

4.Try to take German quiz.

5.Dad gets "bright" ideal to try and insulate attic with sprayed cellulose, via machine and hose through mother's bedside window, to her closet, and up the attic board hole up there.

6.Mom sends me a message as I'm driving home about this, with the added comment to move all her clothes and heavy containers (the ones with snap lids) down to my sister's unused room.

7.I get to do all of that, along with moving other heavy things and pry the windows open.

8.Dad and grandfather go get machine, I go to secretary of state to get my license renewed before I turn 21.

9.Come back, get to lift machine out of truck, along with at least 20 "bags" of insulation.

10.I get to spend hours shoeless on a ladder, trying to cover up hole space with boards and a towel whilst dad fails at spraying insulation.

11.At last stretch, dad drops hose before the machine is done, I get cellulose implants to my face and hair.

12.Before we can yell to turn machine off outside/get hose back up, said hose sprays all over closet space and myself.

13.I try to clean this mess.

14.Mom comes home.

15.Hell breaks loose.

Ouch that sounds like a bad day to me :P.

Sure beats my day, which was just boring, trying to fill the gap between going home from work and going to sleep, it is ok for the next few days GF will be round then going to see mates later in the week.

'FireKnife'

*fruitcage* it, more misery from me.

I got married on rememberance Sunday. That was a great day (no jokes yet about marriage being miserable)...

Wife had a miscarriage on our honeymoon. We didn't know she was pregnant until 2 weeks before the wedding, so it's gone from ecstatic highs to crashing lows.

Wife had a miscarriage on our honeymoon. We didn't know she was pregnant until 2 weeks before the wedding, so it's gone from ecstatic highs to crashing lows.

Ouch, not good at all.

However in that situation that would just spur me on to try again, it is a horrible thing but it is something that thankfully in a commited relationship you can try again (sorry if that came out wrong, hopefully you can see my point).

'FireKnife'

Archived