My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, looks like it is going to be fun.

I haven't looked into whether there are any restrictions about what time of year you can do it but yes, it is very similar to the thing that popped out of Brosnan's ski jacket but bigger and you are harnessed into it.

My sister is quite well off and always thinks people's presents out well.

I just get sad at this time of year.

Gah!

Right in the strings...

Please don't pluck my heartstrings dude, mine aren't in tune.

UPDATE ON PRESENTS:

From brother: Hotline Miami and FTL: Faster Than Light.

Hotline Miami just downloaded in under a minute, I am looking forward to it.

From wife's family (with one exception):  Approximately 6 kilos of chocolate and sweets.

That is ridiculous for two reasons.

1. I am on a diet (sort of).

2. I circulated an e-mail containing links to nearly 60 items on various online shops.

Many of the things can be obtained from regular shops too without a special trip.

The things on the list were not extravagantly priced, in fact 15 of them were in the £1 to £5 area.

None of the things on the list were food.

Wife's sister: Storm whistle - on the list and approximately £7, thank you for being able to read you dangerously sexy young thing.

I'm sad that I got no alcohol or airsoft bits for Chistmas. To be fair, my parents don't know wtf to get me so I usually just get money. I did get some pretty cool T-shirts though and a Mass Effect novel that I wanted.

I'm now back at work and I'm unlucky the ginger fuhrer didn't get run over by a truck.

At work somehow,

A series of changes to the system that was meant to take all of 2-3 hours has now taken 4-5.

Saying that the bit I was meant to do has been done, so why can't I go home then? Isn't that the rules, once you are done you can leave or am I missing something? :P

Ah well off in to town afterwards, I love it when people are out in force on the streets at sales time. Gives me excersise dodging around them, trying to get to shops before they waddle in. Bit like dodgy branches and trees in the wind at a site, but with no gun and instead of bbs coming at you it is a size 20 woman with a pushchair and a face that would shame the people on Jeremy Kyle.

'FireKnife'

I never dodge, I just bend the knees and go in with the shoulder.

Took out a woman today in the local shopping centre.

I was walking at a fixed rate in a straight line and she cut across me diagonally while reading her phone then stopped sharply.  I did not.

Wife wasn't happy.

I never dodge, I just bend the knees and go in with the shoulder.

Took out a woman today in the local shopping centre.

I was walking at a fixed rate in a straight line and she cut across me diagonally while reading her phone then stopped sharply.  I did not.

Wife wasn't happy.

Meh, casualty of stupidity.

That is my excuse, if they weren't so busy walking and trying to use a phone they would have seen you, lets face it Stunt you are not hard to miss :P.

But either way now whenever I am in town I am always checking what others are doing around me, especially the ones with children that they don't look after until you walk into them were it suddenly becomes a lawsuit and a load of harsh language from them. Though often these are also the parents that don't name children, just call them by how much benefits they bring in. :D

'FireKnife'

I empathise with what you are saying on this subject as it also drives me mad when people barge into you or past you with not so much as a sorry etc ,I am getting my own back with my litluns pushchair when I go out now , whatever happened to common courtesy and manners ?? Only time I get a sorry is after they get growled at by me or facially rearranged , should be taught a lot more in schools with discipline as a priority subject ,,

Personally it depends, if I am in a hurry it is like a chase scene through the streets of some American town, but if I am in no rush at all it is like Ezio or 47 walking through a crowd, get close enough to slip past but not close enough to bump into them. Oh and cop the odd feel on a girl if in a club etc.

If only this was what my club experiences where like, sigh.......

Finally a film with the religiously devoid, closet dwelling midget that I actually enjoy his performance in. :P

EDIT: Gerry Anderson passed away on Boxing Day, so sad, but then he lived a good life and helped bring us all some of the best cult childrens TV ever. I will salute him by watching my top five Thunderbirds episodes, now to find them (for those interested they are: Trapped in the Sky, Day of Disaster, Atlantic Inferno, City of Fire and Terror in New York City).

As they say: 'they don't make em like they used to'.

'FireKnife'

The photographer who did my Super Secret Secret Photoshoot (Fireknife knows which one ;) ) turned out to be kind of a *rickroll*. Playing a "very busy man" who doesn't have time for my "unreasonable demands" (seriously, fixing five photos in Photoshop is unreasonable how?!), he sent me unedited 1920x1200 versions of the photos I wanted.

I spent an hour and an half cleaning up tits in Photoshop. If not for beer, I most probably wouldn't have done it.

Bit of a depressing day today. Went out to do some shopping with a girl, had a meal at Wagamamas, then saw The Hobbit (excellent in HFR if anyone's wondering) - We used to be together, broke up quite a while ago. I'm pretty sure she's not interested. So.. I'm stuck between cutting off contact, or seeing her regularly because we're still friends. Arghsgbs.

Went to winter wonderland last night in Hyde park ! What an overpriced , overhyped money robbing, rip off , excuse for an attraction !!! Portion of chips 4.50 anyone ??? Cheapest in the place 3.00 . Have me the hump imediatly , ride on a big wheel 8.50 !!!! Are they for real or what ????? Avoid unless you wish to take out a bank loan or remortgage the house for an evening out !!!

Hey, it could be worse.  You could have absolutely zero irl social contacts...

I say stay friends, something may happen in the long run that is good.

Damn it, read my post in the other thread, the happy one. I will change that for you :P.

As for the nights out in London it is one thing to pay such prices in the capital but in a place called Bridgwater in the South West you pay the same at the annual fair they have. This place has no money and is voted 'most inbred town in the UK' yet somehow they always seem to hve money for the terrible fair. Guess where your taxes go people, to pay for some fat runt in a shell suit to go on a big whirly bit of metal. ;)

Oh and DAT, you go out, to a bar or place where women are and introduce yourself, you will find one eventually, you are hardly an ugly *bramston pickle* and I am sure you can do better than being stuck in one of those 'do we want to be friends' situations. :P

'FireKnife'

Portion of chips 4.50 anyone ???

Seriously? I was born in London, raised in London, lived in London (various time outs whilst working in other parts of the world) but I have never, ever seen a portion of takeaway chips go for £4.50?

I hope they were tasty  :D

Seriously? I was born in London, raised in London, lived in London (various time outs whilst working in other parts of the world) but I have never, ever seen a portion of takeaway chips go for £4.50?

I hope they were tasty  :D

I bet they were magic chips, you make them into a cow shape and the cow comes alive.

Personally I would have just not bothered, another reason for me not to have kids, nothing to pester me into going to such terrible things. What did suprise me was when I was at the Winter Wonderland in Center Parcs, all of that was very well priced for Center Parcs.

'FireKnife'

Archived