My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

I refused to buy anything in there at all as it was the biggest rip off I have ever seen , waited till we got out and went to mc Donald's . But there were loads of mugs buying food in w wonderland and paying extortionate money for rides and merchandise , obviously there is no recession for the rich brats and family's in the west end !!! Sickening !!!

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But there were loads of mugs buying food in w wonderland and paying extortionate money for rides and merchandise

That's the problem, as long as there are people willing to pay stupid prices there will always be people willing to charge them

Anyway it's Virgin Media who have me off. They advertise the same package I have at almost half price to new customers and in the same week send me a letter saying my bill is going to be going up. Robbing *******s

Edit: oops, naughty word got through the swear filter

Same as phone company's and banks , insurance . If you are at the end or near the end of your contract ring them up and tell them you are going to leave unless they cut you a decent deal . If they won't . Or you still have loads on your contract to go , reduce your package to the minimum and tell them why you are doing it . Threaten them with net flicks etc or any number of Internet media streaming company's , always works for me and my mates !!!

Too many stupid people in this country who pay over the odds for everything because they are !

1 , too lazy

2 , so rich they don't care

3 think that by paying more you get better service

4 don't shop around to check prices

Give you an example , Costco have been selling uggs for 89 pounds for the last month and Levi 501 jeans for 23 pounds + vat

Brent x in the sales Levi jeans are 55 quid in the Levi shop 85 pounds , price in Ireland 40 euros !!!

Ugh boots retail at 189 pounds , in the sales the best I've seen 129 , the worst 229 pounds

Same I've seen with tv s , cigarettes , different brand clothes , but people still pay the higher prices , totally mad and stupid !!! Or are joe public so guilible that they believe they get things cheap in the sales , saw Barbour jackets for sale in John Lewis 1st week in dec for 89 pounds , a week before Xmas they were 119 pounds in there sale at the moment they are 99 quid and every one is buying them , !!!! Muggssss

It will all come to a halt one day.

With the ease at which e-Commerce is becoming available people will start to shop online (this year alone the percentage rise over shop sales is even bigger) which means shops will have to start cutting prices which they can't do as the cost of running a shop will always be hundred times that of running an internet store so the shop prices will stay high or the shop will close, putting people out of a job.

So to balance it out some (but not all, some places just are over-priced) shops will have to charge the prices they charge otherwise they will be caught out by online shopping, but they can't cut them too low or they go out of business and people are out of a job, making the economy much worse. In some cases you are not really spending more money on nothing but on keeping someone in a job. That is the way it is for some places, like eating in a restaurant over getting a takeaway you are paying for the service and the staff, not money that is really going nowhere.

But still this is for the shops it applies to, give it a decade or so though and the average street shops will be closed down and everything will be a supermarket, a Starbucks, a pawn shop, a betting shop or a shop that is held up by the rich like Harrod's. It is sadly the way it goes, while the internet means every small business can now make a start it does also drag down the ones we have known for years by making it all cheaper.

Want an example? Here is a pair of simple examples, Virgin and Woolworths, remember when they had shops on every street, selling DVDs and music, then Virgin were sold out to Zavvi and suddenly both upped and vanished off the face of the earth by closing down and selling the stock off cheap as it wasn't viable to keep shops open. Now they have a huge online store that can sell products at the same price as internet stores, the only issue being is that they had to make many people redundant from closing the stores. But in reality what else could they do?

'FireKnife'

Same applies to all the new polish corner shops , are on average 10/ 20 per cent more expensive than than the Indian corner shops !!! Pure greed

Really, up here they are about the same cost as the next corner shop.

Though up here ours are more shops that sell Polish food and general corner shop stuff which is quite popular with some areas being full of European workers that work on the rigs in the North Sea. Either way while I know a lot of people have a go at them I don't, they are mostly here doing the jobs that the locals think they are better than (sorry but if you didn't want to go to school, seeing as it is free to all local children, and live on benefits then nothing is beneath you).

Plus nothing wrong with a bit of multi-national loving, all women of the world are welcome in FireKnife's world ;).

'FireKnife'

Same applies to all the new polish corner shops , are on average 10/ 20 per cent more expensive than than the Indian corner shops !!! Pure greed

That's why they don't outsource jobs to us as much, we're just too expensive for them! ;)

That's why they don't outsource jobs to us as much, we're just too expensive for them! ;)

Don't be so sure, for some reason we have outsourced parts of our company to the whole of the European Union :P.

Still it does help when the company that owns the company that you work for is the one that is spread so far around the world applying for a job in another area is easier :P.

'FireKnife'

First thing mother says when she sees me this morning:

"We have to put Rusty down"

Rusty, my Labrador Retriever.

First, they let our first Labrador, Max, get put down by someone other than them, without them even knowing, now they want to do it themselves.  The first time scarred me for life pretty much, I still cannot forgive the person who did it.

Whelp, this year just got off to a great start.

Most of the furniture ( flat pack ) they sell at Argos is the last drivels from the bankrupt Mfi range ,, that's why they went bust coz its rubbish , home base brought it up as well . Ikea is much better qc and materials , most of the Argos furniture is sub standard and not fit for purpose ,

True, it was the other half that bought it, I just got the joys of making it. Also the reason Argos sell the same crappy furniture as Homebase is because they're actually the same company

Everyone is everyone elses company so why don't they just make one mega company that sells it all? :P

Rant for the day, don't have one, finding less and less to truly rant about each day which is good, as really I don't actually *badgeress* and moan that much and when I do it is usually for comic effect.

'FireKnife'

Because then the prices would have to be the same and that means the retailers won't be able to con you and pull the wool over everyone's eyes !!

My motto, *fruitcage* it and go on the internet, someone, somewhere always has it cheaper or in the size you want compared to the high street.

'FireKnife'

I want to cockpunch the idiot who sent me project corrections:

- written in monkey English

- on the wrong form

- when I had ZERO sleep last night

- and have more important matters to attend to than some dumbass corrections to a project that, judging from the corrections themselves, is a slapcrap piece of *suitcase* that nobody even bothered to proofread.

• 2 weeks later...

My annoyance for the day is discovering that since HMV went into administration yesterday I can't use the gift card I got for Christmas! How is that legal? They've almost robbed me of £40.

Because sadly it is legit. If you read all the fluff on the card or the piece of card it is attached to it tells you that basically if the company goes under the card can be withdrawn. I did ask this a while ago regarding Virgin / Zavvi doing the same to a mate and they said it was well within their rights as they have given notification.

Stupid and terrible, but you just need to hope that they get bought out as then the cards would need to be made valid if they are still a full trading business again.

'FireKnife'

I understand it's legal, damn those t+cs but I don't understand the justification for it.  They have taken your money, given you something to trade for items of stock.  They have stock, nothing has changed.  You have essentially pre-paid and yet you cant take what's yours? It's disgusting.  It's not like you have asked for refund or they don't have anything to trade for it in stock.  It's a shame about all the jobs, loss of face on high street, supermarkets taking over then jacking up prices blah, blah, blah.  But HMV deserve to go under.  A scummy company run by idiots who probably only managed to survive this long by ripping off people that don't know any better.

But HMV deserve to go under.  A scummy company run by idiots who probably only managed to survive this long by ripping off people that don't know any better.

While I agree that the company is a pile of tripe it is the lower level employees I feel sorry for.

Look at Gamestation who are / were owned by Game. One day the staff turn up to a store with a ringing phone, they answer it and get told that the shop is closed, go home, your redundancy will be sent to your house. It was that brutal sadly.

Though as for honoring your gift cards they still should, if the company isn't making money it should be selling off stock at cheap, just above wholesale value, get that money back for when the administrators take over if they even bother.

'FireKnife'

Archived