My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's amazing how complex seeming simple things are when you look into them.  I found out the other day there are about 6 different types of DVI cable.  I knew there were a couple, but 6?

It's not so bad when you are looking for one at home, try looking through a box of about one hundred for a monitor at work that someone went and broke like a muppet :P.

'FireKnife'

I had a few boxes of random cables.  I decided to sort them one day and realized I loads of stuff I didn't need, mainly EU power cables.  So I cut the plugs off, and took the cables to a scrap place.  £40 thank you very much :D

That's some pretty fundamental stuff for a mechanics student to not know.

Especially when you consider that that isn't even scratching the surface of gearboxes:

Single and multi-plate clutches.

Wet or dry clutches.

Torque converter.

Locking torque converter.

Transaxle, longitudinal, transverse.

Sequential.

CVT.

Auto.

Tiptronic (overridden auto).

Dual Sequential Gearbox.

Robotic manual.

etc. etc. etc.

I just pointed him towards the Library and said (i think abit too harshly) "you'll find out in their" 

My advice?

Unless your name is James Bond attached women are still attached women, even if it is to a lump of meat with the personality of a rat.

Not going into technical details, I believe I have all the skills necessary here. I know what turns her on, some of those things turn me on too, and I still can't believe my newly discovered persuasion skills. And she's hardly "attached" to the new guy.

Also, *fruitcage* European Commission. As it could have been expected from them, they made up rules just to not stick to them. They were asking us for some very specific data they had no reason to ask us for, and now I'm trying to find out how much bull there is in their demands.

I ordered a nice new shiny G&P M14 DMR from WGC... forgetting that it's the Chinese New year! I might get lucky and get the gun before my next skirmish next month. <_<

Also, knowing what I have to do to lose weight, but being too lazy to do anything about it. Damn my lack of motivation!!!

Ahhhhh .

FireKnife: Ive just had "the call".

Just spent 1 hour talking to her explaining to her that it won't be that bad when i sign up and how we could remain in contact and how id remain loyal ect ect. 

*sigh* well thats just put a downer on my day.....

Good News: Im not dead

Ahhhhh .

Just spent 1 hour talking to her explaining to her that it won't be that bad when i sign up and how we could remain in contact and how id remain loyal ect ect. 

Well I would look at it this way, how long have you been with this person? As it sounds all of a few weeks are you sure it is in both of your best interests to draw out a long distance relationship (bear in mind about 95% of them end eventually once you get past a few months). I am not judging that you would or wouldn't be capable but really do you both think it is for the best and that you could both carry on with it?

Life is full of suprises though, you might manage to be that small percentage that have a long distance thing that works or you might not, part ways then later in life after a few years away find someone else. Best to sit down, discuss it and balance it all out.

'FireKnife'

I ordered a nice new shiny G&P M14 DMR from WGC... forgetting that it's the Chinese New year! I might get lucky and get the gun before my next skirmish next month. <_<

Also, knowing what I have to do to lose weight, but being too lazy to do anything about it. Damn my lack of motivation!!!

Easiest way to lose weight is to simply eat less than you need - Anything else (such as exercise) merely compliments that. Find out your BMR, lower it by 200 calories, see how it goes for 2 weeks :)

Easiest way to lose weight is to simply eat less than you need - Anything else (such as exercise) merely compliments that. Find out your BMR, lower it by 200 calories, see how it goes for 2 weeks :)

BUT BAD FOOD IS SO TASTY! :P

That's one thing I do need to do is cut down on what I eat. Once the weather picks up I plan to start doing some jogging and stuff.

Try ADF.

Alternate day fasting.

Eat normally one day then the next day only eat 20% of your weight maintenance calories.

I'm doing it.

On fasting days I have 580 cals. I've lost 16 pounds this month.

Best thing is: When you get to target weight you just switch to fasting 2 non-concurrent days a week and maintain.

Also, you are only ever 24 hours from a pizza. Makes the willpower easier.

*edit*

Android version of firefox somehow removes all the carriage returns from my post.

Well I would look at it this way, how long have you been with this person? As it sounds all of a few weeks are you sure it is in both of your best interests to draw out a long distance relationship (bear in mind about 95% of them end eventually once you get past a few months). I am not judging that you would or wouldn't be capable but really do you both think it is for the best and that you could both carry on with it?

Life is full of suprises though, you might manage to be that small percentage that have a long distance thing that works or you might not, part ways then later in life after a few years away find someone else. Best to sit down, discuss it and balance it all out.

'FireKnife'

You make a damn fine point but neither of us want to end it now because its going fine......I think we're just going to stick it out and see where it goes but we did agree that if we end it that we end it on the best possible terms.

On the road to my one class for the day, I try to drive carefully on the roads.  Everyone around me is driving past the limit of 55 mph, slipping and sliding.  I, going 35 mph, somehow end up being the one who gets to play submarine with a snow drift.  Some good chaps stopped and helped me get out eventually.

Is it sad that I found the whole experience mildly entertaining?

Ahhhhh .

It sounds like you are joining the armed forces, in which case you can't really blame her - if you do sign up there is an 80% chance you will end up double teaming some poor girl in Plymouth in a haze of jager bombs.

It sounds like you are joining the armed forces, in which case you can't really blame her - if you do sign up there is an 80% chance you will end up double teaming some poor girl in Plymouth in a haze of jager bombs.

Yea im going to the recruitment office once my college course has ended.

But i got 2 problems with what you said:

1. I hate Jager Bombs

2. Id rather die then get posted to Portsmouth (probably wont seeing as im trying to join the Armoured Regiments)

Archived