My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Because you work weekdays at a deskjob and dont do your work, instead you rummage about on the forums.

But if you do get caught, play this to him and he will give you a bonus.

I do get 33 days holiday a year though..................

...........this is not one of those days though :P.

Plus I have stuff to do, but what am I meant to do when the PC I am working on is doing its 30mins long install?

Personally I'm looking forward to being a dirty old man in a home eyeing up the nurses, telling the more attractive ones I need a bed bath and doing stuff like these two

http://edmondson.blogspot.co.uk/2009/11/haslemere-home-for-elderly-true-story.html?m=1

Hmm, I would rather be able to have the manhood to use on them at a younger age instead :P.

'FireKnife'

'FireKnife'

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I expect you and every other man to do their duty which has been apointed upon their sorry arses by the lord god Almighty himself (or some other drizzle like that)

Eh?

Oh and I don't believe in any religious deity and it is hard for 'science' to have given me my job :P.

'FireKnife'

nope this is better: 

See now that is win and I am not being sarcastic this time.

Nothing says 'good show' and 'well done' like a classic British officers speech.

Van Damme wins. :P

Sorry, Google translate doesn't do 'Western European-ish' in it's translate options. Still at least he is not going on about a back-a-cat (that is bank account for those of you that have not seen the film Double Team).

'FireKnife'

I would put up the Malashenko speech from World in Conflict, but I've used that far too many times.

Rant for the day: failed a speaking/listening quiz over skype today.  Can't wait to turn in the failure of a quiz sheet tomorrow.  Now to write a paper that will be truly awful simply because it is required to jam it full of sources.  I still laugh at how a few years back a professor declared one of my papers on the arms trade to be so excellent that he  thought he was reading it from one of his peer-reviewed journals.  The sources it consisted of was just a few lines from Lord of War and a random statistic from a data site.  I wrote pretty much all of it based on my own thoughts on the subject, yet it still remains the greatest paper I have written to this day grade wise.

Logic, there is no such thing.

I would put up the Malashenko speech from World in Conflict, but I've used that far too many times.

Rant for the day: failed a speaking/listening quiz over skype today.  Can't wait to turn in the failure of a quiz sheet tomorrow.  Now to write a paper that will be truly awful simply because it is required to jam it full of sources.  I still laugh at how a few years back a professor declared one of my papers on the arms trade to be so excellent that he  thought he was reading it from one of his peer-reviewed journals.  The sources it consisted of was just a few lines from Lord of War and a random statistic from a data site.  I wrote pretty much all of it based on my own thoughts on the subject, yet it still remains the greatest paper I have written to this day grade wise.

Logic, there is no such thing.

All I can say is just BS your way through it, then you can finish, get a job and put it all behind you. Grades don't mean half as much as the ability to actually turn up for a job and do it well.

Look at me, I am in the kind of job that most people would get coming out of Uni, but I only got as far as college and then looked for work. But the fact I turn up, do my job, learn from it and can do it well means I am still here.

'FireKnife'

It wasn't really worthy of a thread, I'm just intensely annoyed. Long story short is I sent them an e-mail on Tuesday last week asking if paying for Saturday delivery with a bunch of stuff on Thursday would be affected by the bank holiday; Got no response, so ordered on Thursday morning assuming it'd be fine... Only to be told nothing was getting shipped for the weekend at all, which has tied up £615 of my money while I await a refund from them, and I had to go spend the other half of my paycheque on stuff I needed for Sunday. 

Essentially, if they'd replied to my e-mail, I wouldn't be financially screwed for a week and they'd have made £615's worth of business rather than losing my custom forever.

Fireknife, I may be somewhat capable of BS'ing, but not that much.  At least I may finally get to go back to the golf course and work (have to discuss this whole "wedding" issue with the bosses today).  Most will not consider what I do there a real job, but I put my heart into it for 5 years, and I still come back, even when I could go elsewhere.

It just eats away at you when you have to physically turn in the fail.  Kept me from concentrating on the paper all day long.

I'm pretty much going to tell everyone who is to take the quiz today and tomorrow to record the entire conversation, lest they mess up like me.

Rant for the day: show up for class, get told by another student that supposedly class is not present today (in small print on syllabus).  There goes 3 hours of sleep I could have had (by which I mean 2 more hours I could have stayed up last night).

You could have gone to ZERO ONE?

No, actually don't :P.

'FireKnife'

I went to Z1 and bought a TM M4 (after EHA again conned me into paying for something that they never had in stock)

I ordered on Wednesday 11am, got 4 subsequent emails telling me order had been acknowledged, processed, in packaging and despatched.

Received via PF on Thursday.

Maybe a one off but I was impressed by the efficiency.  

Taking your money, they're good at.

If there's a problem, they don't want to know.

Very true, have seen some of the reapirs they have done too.

But still can't beat the repair from a now defunct shop where you could find jam in the gearbox :P.

'FireKnife'

Rant?

The combination of turd and fail that is iTunes.

Trying to back up my phone, to transfer the data to my new one (not an iPhone fireknife, you'll be pleased to hear!), and its just *suitcase* to use.

I never use it as I don't do music on my phone, and update over the air, so it can go months between firing it up. I always forget how bad it is.

Senior manager is away on holiday.

He is the only one with a perfect working of our antiquated system.

Every issue with our antiquated system keeps happening.

It is a system that you specific to your business and such forum help is out the window.

That sums it up pretty well.

'FireKnife'

Don't do music on phones, or at all, really. Radio is good for me!

I only want to back my phone up so I can bung the contacts on my new Xperia z. Downloading iTunes again which is taking for-*fruitcage*-ever as usual. I suppose the *suitcasey* old laptop I'm using isn't helping speed it along.

But that is getting a sledgehammer through it after I've backed up the photos off it...

Archived