My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my eye! sweet *fruitcage* jesus ouch!

turns out chisels are quite sharp. who knew?

um... 

good thing i dont use my left hand much....

(for those that want to know, tried to chisel out the main barrel housing for the prototype of my over/under ACBC entry. slipped with the chisel and it went into the inside of my middle finger, just above where it meets my hand.)

Oh those Chinese. First a guy can't keep track of the wares in his shop and tells me he ran out of one particular thing I wanted. Then, he kept shtum for a week after giving me a tracking number that didn't work. Only when I poked him asking what's going on and if he's got my message about the replacement, he woke up and finally sent the thing.

And I thought Ebaybanned was bad.

I have to walk to the post office at lunch.

Why are they now all so far away, what happened to the days when there was one every half mile in a city?

Plus I just don't like going to them, they always have the oldest and most arrogant staff.

'FireKnife'

Plus I just don't like going to them, they always have the oldest and most arrogant staff.

My oh my, Aberdeen is indeed well-Polished. You even have arrogant old bags in the post office. :P Makes me wonder if I'll have to battle my way through the local ones today, as I believe that at least one thing I ordered should have arrived lately, even with the standard registered mail.

Also, I tried to take some test photos for my outfit for the post-apocalyptic shoot. I put the camera on a very stable shelf. Out of ten photos, only three were salvageable. Yesterday, I called a friend to help me with a new round of photos, but we got drunk instead.

My oh my, Aberdeen is indeed well-Polished. You even have arrogant old bags in the post office. :P Makes me wonder if I'll have to battle my way through the local ones today, as I believe that at least one thing I ordered should have arrived lately, even with the standard registered mail.

Also, I tried to take some test photos for my outfit for the post-apocalyptic shoot. I put the camera on a very stable shelf. Out of ten photos, only three were salvageable. Yesterday, I called a friend to help me with a new round of photos, but we got drunk instead.

Well it wasn't too bad today, the walk did me good as I am now knackered enough to sit in my chair and wait for the Batphone to ring.

Also, about an hour ago we had snow, about 5mins of it but still freaking snow.

'FireKnife'

2nd time i've been to the recruitment office and the Army Careers person hasnt been their.......

peeved, i am most certainly 

Buy some DPM, turn up at the nearest barracks and say 'can I join'?

That is how they used to do it right? :P

Also again snow <_<

'FireKnife'

Buy some DPM, turn up at the nearest barracks and say 'can I join'?

That is how they used to do it right? :P

Also again snow <_<

'FireKnife'

seeing as the nearest barracks is the East Anglican Reg. And i have NO interest in joining the Infantry (im a Tankie) i'd rather try again tomorrow.

Linked to this is the fact that im doing preparation for ROYAL MARINE training instead of Army training due to the lack of help i've been given by the Recruitment office.........sweet joy.

If you are getting *fruitcage*ed around by the army, You are getting a pretty good idea of what the rest of your career will be like then mate.

Yea, i know.

But to completely honest i'd rather get *fruitcage*ed around by the army then work a dull 9 till 5 desk job (no offense FK).

+ The Army is *fruitcage* around everyone, they've changed their recruitment scheme from going to a recruitment office and actually communicating using speech to a internet based thing. 

But to completely honest i'd rather get *fruitcage*ed around by the army then work a dull 9 till 5 desk job (no offense FK).

None taken, for one to class it as a job one must first do work at it :P.

Plus thankfully mine is not sat at a desk all the time, includes ducking around paper machinery, dodging forklift trucks and fixing PCs in odd places.

Also I don't think I have an annoyance for the day today, haven't really had for a while, my 1911s are perfect now too.

'FireKnife'

May i be bold to ask what did you do in the Amy?

Yes, of course.

I won't tell you though.

Yea, i know.

+ The Army is *fruitcage* around everyone, they've changed their recruitment scheme from going to a recruitment office and actually communicating using speech to a internet based thing. 

They are messing you around because they can afford to, they are reducing the size of the Army, so they need less blokes and there is a recession and a war on so more blokes are signing up.

They don't even have to try.

If you want to talk to someone about preparation then I am happy to help you.

Public relations by the sound of it !!!

Good one, Army - Boink the best.

Also, I was only joking.

I was a Plant Operator Mechanic in the Royal Engineers, I now teach at the Royal Engineer's training school in Kent.

Cheers for the offer Stuntman (il probably continue this convo in a PM though) 

As for the Army cut-backs, i do agree they have the power to *fruitcage* people around. However strangely enough when i went in today i was almost dragged into the Army Careers Advisors office by the Advisor (It was a nice looking lass so you know :) ) who looked bored senseless. So i've got enough information and have been told/advised that im more likely to achieve better in the RAC if i wait another year so i can achieve higher grades (higher grades = Higher chance of promotion early on = MORE MONEY!) in Engineering.

Happy Days.

Rant:

Scooters - Sounds like a dying cat and twice as annoying o_o

This is purely the product of my over imaginative brain but could the Army *fruitcage*in you about be a deliberate way of seeing who really wants to be there and who treats it as something to do*? Afterall it's not worth their time effort and cost of putting someone through basic training only for them to drop out when the going gets tough so better to weed them out now.

*You clearly don't fit into this category as you have been back more than once, good luck with it

This is purely the product of my over imaginative brain but could the Army *fruitcage*in you about be a deliberate way of seeing who really wants to be there and who treats it as something to do*? Afterall it's not worth their time effort and cost of putting someone through basic training only for them to drop out when the going gets tough so better to weed them out now.

*You clearly don't fit into this category as you have been back more than once, good luck with it

This is a damn fine point, and i would not be surprised if it was one of the reasons why they took so long/*fruitcage*ed me over (the other reason would be Stuntmans post). However the recruitment office itself is one of the ways of weeding out the very weak, if you dont have the guts and confidence to go to the recruitment office then you probably not suitable for the forces. Thats one of he reasons why im disliking the whole "do it on a PC" recruitment their doing now. 

My Reaction:

0_o 

o_o

:)

Hahaha  yea im pretty sure i dont want to join the womens army corp. Im going to have to show this to my mate (joining the marines) "the only feminist regiment are the Marines, everyone else is pretty butch"). Make me laugh alot :)

Local mail. Those bloody berks can't deliver two parcels that left Hong Kong a week ago (at least) and just HAVE to be over here already. And while we're at it, China Post should really get a better mail tracker, because the one they have now spouts some arcane babble full of numbers, and I have no idea which one of the eight-digit numbers means the international dispatch hub or anything else.

Yea, i know.

I was in a similar situation to you when I (assume) was your age. Didn't know what to do, thought of office job depressed me so thought army was the best bet. Went to university anyway because I'm middle class and that's what goes down and joined the officers training corp just cause I guess. The "green" bits were fun,  and there were a few cool guys but for the most part it was SUPER KEEN ARMY TYPES followed by "lads banter" in the mess.  I consider myself to pretty posh as far as it goes but this was something else. I made the mistake of not wearing tweed and chinos and looked like a *beep*. I was in an M&S suit aswell so there you go. Anyway I ended up leaving cause it clashed with my lectures - a few months later I got a letter congratulating me on my "promotion" lol. 

Anyway...

I now work a 9-5 office job, but its a job I enjoy and that I consider myself to be quite capable at. I get to see my friends in the evenings, smoke all the things you're not allowed to smoke when you're in the army, and go camping/"ray mearsing" when I can.

(living in London does make that harder, admittedly...)

Not trying to put you off - but remember to keep your options open - you don't know what could happen. :)

on topic:

umbrellas annoy me. if you invented the umbrella now and went on dragons den and said "It's a bit of tarp stretched out using taught tipped(!) wires on the end of a stick that you hold up in the air when its wet" they'd look at you like a madman. 

They almost always come way to close to my face when shorter people are holding them and they also extend the width of someone walking down the pavement by a good foot and a half at least. are they better then a coat with a hood? 

someone needs to make those £5 raincoats that fold into a little bag massively fashionable. we just need somebody famous to od and die wearing one and things will go from there

I joined the OTC at Uni, was pretty disgusted at the whole organisation by the end, full of pseudo posh wankers and walts who used to walk round campus in kit, so I left and joined a proper unit.

They is one of my primary hatreds in life now. That they are off skiing when we could barely afford to run proper excesses.

OK, if I don't get the slips that the postman "attempted delivery" of my parcels today, I'm going to go to the local post office and raise a *beep*storm. I already have a list of tracking numbers printed and at least two of them should be already delivered, considering that another item sent on the same day from some random *beep*hole in China was delivered on Monday, no questions asked.

Archived