My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Dad works for Vodafone, I get 40% off my contracts :)

You could offer me 99% off a Vodaphone contract and I'd tell you to poke it.

I was with Orange for almost 10 years, every year I'd call up and tell them what phone and deal I had seen from a competitor and they woul beat it.

Same details, lower cost.

Like clockwork for nearly 10 years.

Then one day I call then and say: "Nearly upgrade time, this year I want an HTC Sensation with unlimited data for £30 a month."

They said no, I went to Three.

Now I am on unlimited data, more minutes than I know how to use and one metric *fruitcage* tonne of texts plus I have a second SIM billed on the same line just for data that is in my laptop.

All for 30 quid.

Upgrade due in July.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find London to be erratic on all networks really.  Pretty much any big city because of the tall buildings.  Docklands is a bit of nightmare on T-Mob.  Dead zones all over the place, a few meters away from good signal.

EE offer a data package when abroad, UAE is 50MB for £80. Robbing bastards. My STC sim from Saudi offers 100MB for £18 when abroad, in any country. I just ended up getting an Etisalat sim when I arrived in UAE a couple of days ago, works out a lot cheaper than those robbing bastards at EE.

3 seems to have got better since I last had a whinge about them, although it took me a bit of digging to find out I had to call them to let me use it abroad, with my 1 month rolling contract I can't just activate it through my web account with them like other contracts can.

It's bad when the best mobile provider I have ever used is a Saudi one.

I'm on 3 and sometimes the signal goes (for Internet connection) but most of the time it's fine. I've had orange, o2 and tmobile. Always ended up coming back to 3.

Rant:- why can't I walk away from an argument when all that's happening is two people going round and around the same subject. It's boring and tbh childish. Think I might just start going "yes dear" (regardless of gender).

I am on Vodafone and they have never given me much hassle. to be honest I am fine with £10 a month for 300mins (500 voda to voda), unlimited texts and 250mb of data.

That is with little if any loyalty and I just switched as I was bored of running out of credit etc.

Though I could put a long list of rants here about last weekend, but most of them are about other peoples petty little problems that make them think the world revolves around them and I just don't care, too laid back and happy for that. :P

'FireKnife'

Just put one up Camden councils parking ss army . 4 tickets overturned because the parking bays are illegaly sized . 1.8 mtr / 2.4 mtr from kerb to edge of line is the legal requirement not the 1.6 mtr that Camden council *fruitcage* wits have painted a lot of their bays and parking spaces .
Worth a morning at the adjudicators just to see the wardens faces when they lost ......

Oh come on. This is a rant thread, name and shame the petty people.

To be honest it was just watching a group of people flip out, complaining about their problems and how in the true grand scheme of the world they just didn't matter.

Watching someone try to balance an argument while talking about just themselves was the true highlight. :P

'FireKnife'

I've over heard some right corkers in my time (be it on a train, bus or in a pub/bar).

Rant:- can't decide what game to buy next:-

Dead Space 3

Dead Island Riptide

Metro Last Light

Any opinions or thoughts would be appreciated (I'm a 360 gamer).

I would say Dead Space but don't expect the same cool scares etc as the first and second one.

Personally I think, from the short goes I have had on each that your money could be better spent elsewhere.

'FireKnife'

Yeap, Metro: Last Light is he sequel to Metro 2033. The book (the sequal) is supposedly completely different to the game, which worries me a little. Might wait a month, see if the price comes down (dead space 3 is going for £22 delivered on ebay. Where as last light, the cheapest I could find, was going for £28).

Rant:- the front pin (next to the charging handle) on my Kriss Vector, seems to just fall out every now and again. Might have to put a bit of tape on it (not around the pin, but on top to keep it in place). Bit worrying to say the least.

Rant:- Have a very slow leak just behind the toilet, seems to have lasted the weekend but means that I have to turn my water off and bleed out the remaining stuff every morning to make sure it doesn't cause an issue.

Reason why it isn't getting fixed yet:- Landlord can't be bothered to phone and pay for a plumber even though as a wear and tear issue it is within my terms of agreements that they have to.

Suppose I could just move, live in a *suitcase* area any way (which is very easy to do here with the way the city is laid out) and only have to give a months notice. It is annoying having a useless landlord.

'FireKnife'

Buy a bottle of booze and call a Polish plumber, there.

Works fine round these parts, if I don't fix it myself first. ;)

However, I had to do some really mean monkey wrangling in regard to tomorrow's photoshoot. We're on a tight timer and folks can't get *suitcase* together.

I am tempted but I need to actually use the shower and bathroom in general.

I am also going away for a week so have to clear all the systems and then see what they want to do.

Either way I am not paying for it, according to all legal advice I have found general wear and tear is to be paid for by the property owner, not the person renting.

'FireKnife'

so ive just had a cut in my head stitched back together at A&E after a book (yes a book) was thrown at my head and caused a deep enough cut.

I have to say the *fruitcage* that threw it has a damn good arm (but he gave me £5 as a "im so sorry, please dont kill me" thing so alls good)

You know what? I don't understand people.

First, you have Americans kicking up because their houses are gone. I feel for you, I really do. But do you know what? You built your house if wood... In a place known as tornado alley. What did you think was gonna happen?

Second, these sick *fruitcage*s that attacked the guy in London. Seriously, people need to not be dickheads.

Archived