My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the air con blowing cold as normal when used ? . Sounds like a condensing problem somewhere. . Its usually the heater matrix rad behind the console . . Causing the car to steam up . Aircon can cause similar issues . Make sure the drain channels are clear around the engine bay bulkhead. , leaves debris can block the drain and vents if you park under trees a lot. This then fills up with water that will steam up the car inside . . , is the actual demist blower setting actualy blowing air up to the demist vents inside the car . Try demisting with the Aircon off . See if this improves anything . Also check if the heater is blowing hot on its hot setting. . . Air locks are common in cars after the cooling system has been drained and refilled .

Thanks all. Pollen filter is dry (needs a change though, but meh). Bulkhead drain channels are clear - whipped the battery out to check this evening.

De mister does blow onto the screen, but there's not much heat, even on 'high'.

Suppose I should have mentioned I put a new water pump on too when the belt was done, just in case. Tis would mean a drain down, and maybe an airlock.

Will try the blower without air con tomorrow. Air con does blow cold. Or did before it was taken in... Will check that too tomorrow!

Any suggestions to clear an air lock?

Hitman, we traded my wife's polo for this, that had a problem where the spare wheel well started to fill with water and soak the back seat when sloshing around. Turns out a rear light body seal had failed and let water into the body.

I siliconed the bugger in before the dodgy garage got hold of it. God help anyone who tries to take the light unit out...

Once again, thanks :)

Edit, cheers tink, seen that before. It's not the problem here though :)

I know this might sound stupid and I'm sure you've checked but if you have the system set to recirculate air it won't demist, you need to have it sucking in the outside air.

Same as the aircon works better on recirculate than on external.

Around this time of year we have a lot of problems with the students being unable to clear their screens due to this.

You can hire a smoke machine to see if any of the door/window seals are leaking...

Yeah, you are re-using air that has already been passed through a pollen filter cooled and dried.

If you do that the aircon has to work less hard to achieve a comfortable temperature.

Otherwise it is always trying to work its knackers off cooling the world down.

"Wakes up at 7am on day off of classes, dedicating to getting as much done on a paper for next Monday."

"Spends the entire day futilely trying to assemble the worst paper he's ever written."

"All the while realizing that it will never meet the scale warranted by the class."

"Now currently in a daze and quite frankly sick of being a failure."

"Gets to spend the weekend as well fussing over said paper."

Please, someone lose a low yield nuclear device over my house right now...

Surely this is the joys of youth, right?

Er.. no. I thought that too, now in the real world I took a long weekend last Friday. Started off with Xbox locking my live account.

Then my boss phoned, "can you do a few things today?" Friday ruined.

We're taking some guys skiing, and the team captain called Saturday to ask if I could pop by and sort some purchases. Saturday ruined.

Finally clear day, but the weather wasn't clear so my coast path walk was ruined. At 2100 I get a 'We're in at 0900 tomorrow with the boss' Sunday weather and evening ruined.

Monday is my last scheduled day off for a while, at 0830 i'm preparing a presentation for the boss and spent the morning putting the action points raised into word documents. Monday ruined.

Get to work on Tuesday and reports are due and guys are practically committing war crimes.

At least my xbox live account is still blocked despite 2 hours of combined phone calls this week.

RANT:

Been hearing loads about sexting. Obviously its not very good if a picture gets shared around. But why do parents insist on buying thier children *fruitcage* smartphones??? I know its an age-old thing but I despair for the next generation. They are probably going to fatter then this generation (which almost doesn't seem possible) and thanks to phones and tablets they will have *suitcasey* posture too.

I think there has always been young people, who want to be adults from an early age, say 11/12 years of age. With that in mind, they copy or mimic what they think to be adult behaviour, that they, have been exposed to. Sometimes it can be due to abuse and other times it's just children wanting to be an adult and so they mimic, what they believe, is adult behaviour.

What's worse is when they get hold of pictures of their friends parents.

Oddly enough, I am the only one in my immediate (and most of the extended) family without a smartphone, ipod, ipad, etc.  My grandparents even use that facebookamjig.

Skarclaw, I already detest my own generation, the newer ones just scare me even more.  I remember one the last times I rode a bus in grade school, the younger kids were in the back, doing unspeakable things, whilst wearing clothes that even people in my grade at the time would not have even tried to wear.

Mimicry, it will be the death of us, I swear.

If I mail them anything, it will be a crate of well rotted human excrement.

This... Made me giggle like a schoolgirl.

Eon suck *rickroll*. Fell out with them a few years ago when they tried to keep billing me 6 months after I left them.

Archived