My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loss power for a day and a half, yet my folks get all antsy about it and during the full day when we were without they takeoff and leave me having to balance the generator, the dog, and everything else.

Then, when we do get power, one of my relatives asks to stop over for a shower, mother immediately says yes, and so I get all busy cleaning the house and whatnot (despite already cleaning before the power outage for my sister and brother-in-law).  Said arrangement suddenly turns into that relative staying the night, so my day plans are shot to pieces.

It was about the time that my relative arrived that I find out about Mikhail Kalashnikov, and yet I had to force myself to act happy at the time and play games with the relative.

Father comes home, and being the *albartroth* he is, mentions Mikhail Kalashnikov's death in a sarcastic tone (I actually wanted to punch him for how he said it).  Apparently despite him supposed to be working (under-sheriff of a neighboring county), he took time off to visit a gun shop and heard the news.  He also waggled a plastic freezer bag (larger sandwich bag) that had an aimpoint in it, saying that he got it from his police department and could use it anytime he wanted.  Referred to my replicas as pellet guns as well.

So, beside wanting to upsmack him, he also has made my gift to him (a quite decent replica aimpoint sight from Primary Arms) redundant.  Flat out considering to return it right now.

And now I get to deal with the holiday nonsense yet again...

It was about the time that my relative arrived that I find out about Mikhail Kalashnikov, and yet I had to force myself to act happy at the time and play games with the relative.

Father comes home, and being the *albartroth* he is, mentions Mikhail Kalashnikov's death in a sarcastic tone (I actually wanted to punch him for how he said it). 

I dont get this. You're making out like we should be having a day of mourning for him or something.

I felt like it yes (I'm still mourning at times my own faithful companion loss from march, and my own relatives lost during the year), though I won't be saying everyone should.  I just felt irritated that not only could I not feel sad physically at the time, but I had to ignore my father's bigotry (mind you, he goes around saying stuff at times that would make a supremacist blush) at the same time. 

You are free to not understand what I am saying  Half the time I have no clue as to what I am saying when I type, even when I concentrate.  One of the issues with being a bit disheveled in mindset.

Anyways, Scorch, are you still under Scrooge's eye currently?

Have to do a long break up with someone that isn't keen on the idea.

I know I have done it time and time again but they were a few weeks or a month, this is a lot longer and with someone that isn't ready to accept it. I just can't be a *rickroll* enough though to cheat or blank them as I know they are a nice person.

Well time to get it over with I suppose :(, stupid first world issues.

'FireKnife'

• 2 weeks later...

1)freind came over to visit me in london
2)walks into  my house
3)pulls out phone
4)tags me, him, and other freind in facebook status, with photo of house, and tagged its location.

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

If I hit the 'like' button for your post would it be ironic? :P

In all seriousness some people just exist via social networking, take it away from them and they can't function.

'FireKnife'

Considering my forum prescence you might find it hard to believe but I refuse to talk to anyone I know locally on Facebook and the like. I always go and see them or at the very least phone them.

Plus it is impossible to convey emotion, point and consideration via email and text. In person you can see what the other person means which makes a world of difference.

'FireKnife'

Some people even facebook each other whilst they are sitting opposite each other . Have seen it so many times with groups of teenagers in pubs / party's . Does anyone actualy talk face to face to each other anymore . ?

yeah *fruitcage* hell pubs are the worst for this I'm not perfect and I do it too (but try not too) but fuuarrrk also people photographing things on their mobile; "the one handed salute of the proletariat" 

edit

I tell you what guys it winds me up

I'm sure social networks are making people stupid. For example there is a science page on Facebook which today published a pic of dead conjoined twin whales. In the blurb it stated that they were probably from a miscarriage and that it definitely wasn't caused by pollution or radiation, but despite this the comments is full of tripe about how bad the scientists were for killing them or blaming oil spills and fukashima

1.  Receive email yesterday saying that campus would be closed till noon but classes would start after.

2.  Check email before leaving with mother who dropped me off (she needed the car today).  I elect not to lug my laptop with me.

3.  Ride the commuter bus in, arrive slightly before noon.

4.  Walk to first class after noon's room, sit and wait for Professor/students to arrive.

5.  Check phone, notice it is past start time.

6.  Wait some more, answering messages from mother about the situation.

7.  Elect to go to history department office building to find an old professor and ask what is happening.

8.  Managed to find one, said professor shows on his computer a notice stating that now apparently the campus is closed till 5, but classes "may" still commence after (I have a class that starts at 5).

9.  I try to find that 5pm class professor's office (to see if the class was still on).  Turns out there is none.

10.  Tried to get to library to check email, find it closed as well.

11.  Ended up walking back to bus stop, then picked up at commuter lot.

12.  Come home to find an email saying "class is canceled,"

13.  Me currently trying to not pop a blood vessel...

Sounds like my English tutor when I was at college.

The soonest you'd know the class was cancelled was a notice on the door, even though our college had a text system where a tutor could select the class and get a message sent to everyone it would affect.

Again I got "correction suggestions" from the old *fruitcage* with no grasp of English whatsoever. I have to send them before Friday, and they only LOOK English! They're completely *fruitcage* incomprehensible, the words are used in completely wrong context and I have no idea how to fix it!

Seriously, one day I'm gonna find that *albatross* and beat him to death with a dictionary.

I hit my head so hard yesterday that it swelled up to the point it tore the skin and bled.

Also, my motorbike decided that I only need one cylinder. By the time I'm back from work it will be dark, and I don't have a garage to tinker in. So yeah, more unwanted expense as I'm going to have to pay someone else to do it.

My team leader being an idiot.

Me: So this laptop's not got any network drivers so I can't connect to any network drives or get a driver online.

TL: OK... *types in a network drive location and looks bewildered on why it didn't work*

Me: I just said it's got no network.

TL: I know. *tries again*

Me: *face palm*

For being an IT team leader, he really doesn't quite grasp IT.

Archived