My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Its not a hatred of London, It's a hatred of that selfish attitude you have to develop just to get by in a big city environment.

Do you have JDM stickers all over your tiny little Matchbox car?

Only sticker I have is is the road tax disc and my residents parking permit.

Selfish attitudes exists everywhere and isn't exclusive to a built up, urban metropolis.

Venture into central London late on in the night, to areas where there are lot's of rough sleepers (The Strand for example) and you will be amazed by the amount of support organisations handing out clothing, food and blankets, all run by an army of volunteers.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding Londoners / 'city folk' I have a theory.

You will always get a percentage of arrogant people, however an arrogant person is easier to notice so when you are in a larger group, the louder and more ignorant to others will be easier to notice as they are impacting on more people than they normally would.

In a small village the one idiot is easily avoided but in a city you might be out on the day the ignorant people are too. It just makes it very hard to comment unless you first live in a place long enough and second visit every part of it.

This is why it annoys me when visitors or those that live in those closed off communities tell you how 'good' an area is. For example I have lived in and been commuting to Aberdeen for five years, I have visited just about every part of it meeting friends, applying for jobs, finding places to eat and bangin' bitches. I think it is a dump, a place I can't wait to leave but people that have been here for all of a weekend keep telling me how 'amazing' and 'quaint' it is. The same really goes for London, I have been there in rush hour and also when no-one was out at about midnight. I still can't say whether it is a 'good' or 'bad' place as I just haven't seen all of it and haven't been there long enough to really give a comment on 'London' as a whole.

I suppose really my point is that you can't make a judgement on a city until you have seen all of it, every last bit. This is why, even after living near to and commuting to Bristol for years I still can't say it is great or not as I have only seen the shopping areas and not much else. The shopping areas however I can comment on and they are typical of most cities, but it is never going to be a reflection on the whole city.

Anyway, now I have said all that........... :P.

'FireKnife'

It's Boyles law.

If you put a load of people in a container they will bump into each other and get in the way of each other and generally each other off.

If you reduce the space they have this happens more.

In London, people are compressed to the point where they are basically the people equivalent of stellar plasma.

Their *albartroth* factor increases exponentially.

Had a great fall on the ice covering what is supposed to be the gradient to a walkway from the bus depot on campus (of all spots to not salt).  Considering today is one of the "heavy backpack" days, I hit the ice hard.  Left side of me is mostly *fruitcage*ed up, but I got to go on with my day.

Today also happens to be the 1 year anniversary of me agreeing and being a part of the put down of my Labrador, and considering my emotional hingements, I really am messed up more than my daily quota. 

I suppose I should say that an Audi driver tried to cut me off on a road of pure ice this morning.  Quite swell reflex practice...

Strained my soleus muscle today and hit the ground like a sack of *suitcase*.

Lucky I had an osteopath on hand to do some kinda mr miyagi Jedi thing and get me back on my feet. Strangest experience ever.

Some *Ubar* knocked my girlfriend off her motorbike this morning, and then didn't bother to stop. 

If they identify this piece of *suitcase* and I find out who it is, I will collect his *fruitcage* head.

I killed 2 mobile phones in under 12 hours on Friday...

Sony xperia z1, should be waterproof, and has been in the past. Took it swimming to record my sons last lesson, it dies.

Replace that with my Sonim core 'backup' phone. I've seen these hit nails into lumps of wood by using the screen as a hammer. I've played rugby with it (as the ball), it's been through work in construction for a couple of years, and was fine.

An 8 inch drop onto a carpeted floor changed that.

Off to go fail another exam.  Pretty much sick of Thursdays now since everything bad seems to fall on it.  IDK, I just am back on my "twitchy" state, and the folks are just going all over the place, which does not help.

Also, my phone lacks snake...

I had to replace the faucet on the kitchen sink.

Sprung a sneaky leak that worked its way two floors down overnight.

Called dad to fix it. He fixed one leak and caused another.

Now he's out of town, so I have to go to Leeroy Jenkins Leroy-Merlin, buy a pack of *suitcasey* sealing thread and wait til I get a pack of decent one delivered. *fruitcage* joy.

I'm spending my lunchbreak sifting through reviews of tyres to weed out the BS and hearsay to find what is actually worth fitting to my motorbike, then getting quotes for the supply and fit of said tyres.

So far, all I have found out is not to fit Continentals.

My upstairs neighbour had 3 of his rowdy mates round to watch *bramston pickle* wrestlemania last night, all of them drunk and shouting at the tv like morons till whatever-AM.

Very much considered taking my air rifle outside and sticking a neat hole in the workings of the satellite dish.

Archived