My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

This city. I have lived in Bradford a year and it is getting to me. It is the worst city I have ever been in, now I have been around the block a bit and have stayed and lived in lots of cities around the world and I can honestly say there are cities in third world countries that are more pleasant than here.

It's just amazing, I have never seen drugs so prevalent, or people so corrupt, poverty so widespread, or police ineffective. The things I see and hear of happening are not consistent with a first world city.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm I have just drawn a strange (but probably obvious) conclusion:

Internet dating = Applying for a job.

Send message = Send CV.

Get a date = Get an interview.

Get laid = Get job.

Finish relationship = Take better job offer.

Get married eventually = End up serving in a role for ove 10 / 15 / 20 years.

However the only thing is that when you look for other jobs while already in one people encourage you (well unless your relationship is that bad).

Either way it has made me realise that for the most part both can be pointless but you need to follow that 'throw enough *suitcase* and some sticks' rule to succed on applying to something via the internet.

'FireKnife'

My neighbour's kids. I live in a block of flats and have to leave my bike locked up in a communal area. For the second time now in 6 months I've been outside after they've gone to find my bike has been vandalised and it only seams to happen after they've been outside

I'm guessing hooking it up to the mains and frying the little *suitcases* isn't viable?

Have you seen the price of energy bills at the moment?

Other than that no, I see no issue with this plan of action, however if you do just remember for yourself that it is plugged in.

'FireKnife'

Look up the case on this in Brighton . Someone electrified the railings their bike was padlocked to . Some poor terrier decided to pee on it whilst the owner was wLking it!!!

Frazzled furball is the best description of what happened . And a couple of years at her majesty's for the property owner. !!

You know the thing the police do with a decoy car?

I think there should be a similar set up in each of the country's major towns, a nice bike chained to the railings near a transit van containing a police officer and three soldiers.

If a thief even attempts to steal the bike or any component thereof the police and army burst out of the van and make the thief eat his own thumbs while shoving all the *bramston pickle*'s bike stealing tools up his *albartroth*.

Do that a couple of times a day for a few years and bike thefts would drop right down.

Several things could be done to stop theft of bikes , tools etc .

1 ,

cash convertor type stores should only accept photo iid with a solid proof of a current address

Passport , driving licence with a bill bank statement etc to confirm its a current address ,

2, the same should apply to all online selling forums , sites , etc

3 manufacturers should smart water and properly stamp id marks all over the bike , not just in one place

If police stop a bike the numbers should be checked everytime regardless of the offence / reason

Any bikes with no numbers should be confiscated till a receipt / proof of ownership is presented ,

7 times my property has turned up in cash converter stores . And this is even with my postcode visibly engraved into the items . . 5 drills ,1 sat nav and my kids bike . Why are they blatantly buying stolen / dubious owner goods and being allowed to sell them on ?

I've never sold to cash converters, so I don't know there standard operating procedures. But, if I sell a game at my local trade shop they have my address and contact details (confirmed either by passport or utility bill). So, if police want to question the person who sold the items to the shop, they have an address. I'm shocked, that cash converters don't follow this sop.

Rant:- It's a tiny rant. No decent rpg games on the xbox one yet, I'm starting to think I jumped ship too soon. Sold Titanfall as I got bored with it.

Cash Convertors do, you have to provide a series of documents in order to be accepted and they can have items checked by authorities against your name.

However if no-one reports the exact item as stolen then it isn't investigated. People need to at least do that before moaning about things not being found.

I offloaded a load of DVDs to them and they made sure they had a driving license and utility bill for my address.

'FireKnife'

I bought a telly off a guy on gumtree.  I get to his house, which was fine except his living room was FULL of boxes of this *suitcase*. Not quite literally stacked to the ceiling but not far off either.  After I handed the cash over he was like "yeah let me know if you want a projector I'll have a few in soon" I'm not saying he was a criminal BUT he only wanted me to call him and NEVER(!!) to text him.

edit: it was a don't ask don't tell situation. a bit like gays in the american army

Archived