My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was fortunate enough to be 'round friends on friday night for a "truly terrible (and so, awesome) films and curry" night.

One of us - Not me, I stuck with my trusty Jalfrezi - ordered the bloody curry with *fruitcage* Naga's in it.

Surprisingly, it wasnt *that* hot though. 

Scorch - cheese is ok alright um. Cheese is pretty amazing, yeah. But honestly, I could not eat it and not feel like i was missing out THAT much.

Is it just cheese you're alergic to, or is it dairy/lactose?

Todays rant: *fruitcage* 'R' BUTTON IS STICKY. AAAAAAAAAAAH!

I do recall the difficult times of being with a girl that could just about eat mozzarella and that was it.

If I tried to add parmesan, cheddar or even a personal fav of manchego she would not be happy.

Though I must admit cheese is often my most common source of dairy based products as I don't drink much milk so for me it would be an issue.

I could make a bad comment about 'man-cheese' and such but it is too early in the morning for my brain to function and the small bit that is working is thinking of the £480 I have to go and spend on a full clutch overhaul on my Ka.

'FireKnife'

Well I worked it out and if I did the 'sell it off and buy a new one' compared to repairing I would still be down a lot more and then have a different car that might have more problems so I am just going to go with it.

'FireKnife'

It does make me laugh though that a whole car can be had for say £1000 but it would only take two basic structural failures to have you spending that again to fix it :P.

Still I am waiting to hear back about when it will be fixed as I did say for them to have it done by 4pm and they claimed it would easily be done before then.

'FireKnife'

I had to copy a manufacturers parts list into our system, creating our own internal part number for each of the items, adding the description and search terms, and calculating the cost price in sterling from US$.

It's only taken me 3 and a half days, fitting it in around doing my usual job too. 

Also, my depot manager was hassling me for when he could have it completed, like I didn't have enough to do.

Managers are the same everywhere.

My workplace needs to pull its finger out. One engineer (me) looking after over 700 PC's IT needs is not on. The funny thing is my manager then moans at me for not doing enough work!

I hate my job so so much!

#firstworldproblems. :P

Do you want me to wing them my CV :P.

'FireKnife'

Indeed.  Your average person with zero to minimal computer knowledge has no idea how much effort and time most things take.  Unfortunately these people are often in charge.  Could you just do this in addition to your job? Sure, no problem, it's not like you would normally need a member of stuff solely dedicated to that...

Also, could you spec and price this project please?  Sure, when is for? 8 months.  I'll do it closer to the time as it will all be out of date by then.  No, we need it now... *Proceeds to throw next week away*

1. Wait isn't that the guy that plays Garth Merangi?

2. Yes, however oddly they are not an IT employee and instead know the least about computers in the entire workplace.

3. No point 2 is not me before you ask.

But Hitman is right on the money. So many people at my work assume all computer issues can be fixed in 5mins. Even things that take 10secs they allot 5mins for. I think it is often so they can excuse themselves to have the tenth cup of coffee before lunchtime. 

'FireKnife'

Archived