My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Isn't Facebook free? I always find it a bit odd, that when a free service is provided by someone, who people see as being very shandy, said person starts doing things to their product (to make more money) and then people moan? It's free, leave it be if you don't agree with the policies.

As to what 'mike west' is going through, I reckon they'll back down then change their policies. Can't see much else happening. Unless they've tried to cause defamation of character, then you might be able to take them to court. But if it is just they want you to prove that the name you provided is your name, and you don't think how you provide it is very safe, then it's a bit tit for tat. They'll say no, you'll say yes. Or is there more to it, that you can't go into at this point?

Well, mainly the fact that they claim to abide by Californian law, yet refuse to recognize a common law name, a right granted by that very Californian law. For example, if I arrived in the UK and started going by Mike West, the name I am known by to some people since several years, signed up for a mobile service, ordered stuff online etc., all that would be perfectly legal, the papers I brought from my country be damned. Then I would be able to go to court and register a deed to formally change my name to Michael West, so I would be recognized by this name in government interactions, like getting a driver's license or paying taxes.

I have a lame *albatross* username - a hangover from preteen quake 3. Brb sueing arnies

Well, you picked that name, and there's nothing in the TOS to prevent you from changing it. I have an entirely different gripe with Facebook.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My order still says processing...

Called the store today to ask about it and he said he was away Tuesday, fair enough. He was away from being able to check the orders when I called but he remembered I had previously rung to ask about the item and seemed to recall sorting it out, dealing with the paypal and picking the item to be sent for dispatch.

Was told he'd text me later but nothing yet, I think that might be my fault though as he might've misheard my number.

Will give them another couple of working days before calling again, chap on the end of the phone seems a nice chap after all.

Yes, but you would have to change it before it became legal in the UK. The name on those documents that you damn will be legal until you request your name to be changed.

I'm reading up on how to legally change your name in the UK and I'm a bit confused. However, the American laws on the matter is far more lax, while still being based on the Common Law, with some wackiness like the name change not implying the abandonment of your former name (some states, California among them, permit that).

The thing that sucks the most is that I crave social interaction and I barely even have a way to check if anyone's doing something, as if in partying.

The torture continues.

The first part I bought was the cylinder head and gasket. When it was delivered, the gasket was missing. Well, I got hold of the seller (who apologised) and he said that he'd send the missing gasket. The package arrived today. It had a full gasket set in it. For the WRONG frikkin engine! I bought a cylinder head and gasket for an AM6 engine. I've been sent a useless gasket set for a Derbi engine.

Just how long I can keep going without snapping, I don't know.

How is that even acceptable business?

Technically it's a pre-order.

At least they were up front about being out of stock, two other companies I tried to order from advertised the brakes as being in stock when they weren't.

Presumably with the same restock date as Amazon.

The whole thing made me very angry in May but I'm not so annoyed now.

Basically I wanted them last year but they are pricey and I needed to save for them, just when I had saved enough Sram did a 100% safety recall due to cold weather performance.

I waited ages and then in May the new, re-engineered 2015 model (bike stuff typically releases at the end of summer the year before the model year number) was announced.

It was going first to customers who had the original 2014 model and had to send it back.

Some of those customers didn't want the 2015 model so there were a very few sets floating about in May.  Two separate companies tried to do what you think happened in the original picture.

That made me very, very cross.

Amazon's advert always said stock expected late August, that is when the customer batches should be available.  OK, we're in September but it shouldn't be long now.

Sram's priority order seems to be:

Recall replacements

Bike manufacturers fitting the brakes as OEM

Customers

Which I suppose makes sense but I hate waiting.  I also hate not spending the money that is allocated to those brakes on a Marui M870 Breacher.

Still struggling to get heater box out of my Corrado. This is irritating now. Looks like I might have to remove the entire dashboard, which I really don't want to do.

Vw do that. I have to do the same to change the one in my passat. It also has the aircon pipes running through it, so that would need a re-gas too...

Genius.

Edit, aircon, not airport...

Vw do that. I have to do the same to change the one in my passat. It also has the aircon pipes running through it, so that would need a re-gas too...

Genius.

Edit, aircon, not airport...

To be fair, it's the only way to do it. What with it needing coolant from the engine bay and air flow from the inside of the car. 

Yes, i've tried swearing. Lots.

No, it's not electrical, but sadly a hammer won't help. Heater boxes are obsolete and rare as *fruitcage* now. Smashing it up will hinder more than helping.

So, we went photoshooting. Thanks to me being a lazy *albatross*, I didn't drop by to the supermarket to stock up on mint syrup yesterday and used bubble bath instead.

After ten minutes or so of keeping the bubbler on my XCOM backpack bubbling, bubble bath did what bubble bath does, and foamed. Dangerously close to the spark gap board that, go figure, I left exposed because I was just too knackered to fiddle with a casing for it.

Yep, should have gone with mint syrup.

Father managed to bring back from his trip with my mom some sort of cold, and despite my usually strong immune system, I've been knackered by it.  Still feeling sick, and I do not trust myself fit to drive to campus or endure the long day (including the walk back).  Mother says I should stay home, but their is a part of me that is real nuts about attendance.

Still waiting on my bag, going to call the shop again tomorrow. Spoke to a friend about whether they had any experience with the seller and he got  two retailers confused (thankfully as the one he was thinking of has a terrible reputation and isn't the one I'm shopping with).

He got in contact with the owner for me, and says that they've replied but I've seen nothing yet so I reckon a phone call tomorrow will be best. But I'm damn glad that he seems a genuine guy.

And someone (I think its Airsoft World) has ASG .338s for sale with a spare mag for like £115, when I have no sodding money. :(

Amazon's ask a question about this product section, or more specifically the dozy twats that inhabit it. I asked a simple question about if a product works with windows 8 and so far the answers have ranged from "possibly" to "I don't know" via "I've got a mac". If you can't answer then just leave it to someone who can

Wait isn't that like Yahoo! questions, except for Amazon products?

If so then what do you expected given that it is likely to lead to similar gems as this one:

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120522154641AAh1O0p

Seriously that both makes me laugh and cry when you realise that people like this exist.

As for what has got me a bit 'teh *fruitcage*' today:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/live/oscar-pistorius-trial-live-verdict-due-today-9724676.html

But then he is a well known athelete in a country where corruption is possible so yeah I don't think it is that big a shock.

'FireKnife'

So it's okay to shoot someone, who is locked in a room, without knowing if they're armed or even a burglar or intruder? Wow. Wha I mean by okay, is that it's okay because it's not murder. Yeah sure. Contradict yourself and say the person knew right from wrong and what a gun can do. But that's not murder is it. Nnnooooooo. That's just letting off steam.

Archived