My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Heh atleast your career doesn't lie with tetra pac --'

[edit] For those who don't know who tetra pac are they do milk bottles/cartons

I can think of several forum members whos picture might be on one, would that count? :P

Anyway to buisness, Some folk for some reason seem to think that they can say what the want in the Arnies Chatroom, because theres no actual record kept, or because they feel they have a right to "free speech". This is mostly correct, however there are a few exeptions and, I'll list them(and these have all happened) now in no particular order:

Anything designed to cause offence to another member purely because your bored(EG "I hope london is bombed again").

Direct insults to the Admin, Operators, Moderators or general population of chat (EG "you'r all hippocrits", yes with that spelling.), Okay fair enough a one-off gets you warned for this, and assuming you didnt call someone a particularly offensive name, just because you're being proved wrong in a discussion, it will probably be taken light heartedly.

Anything an Admin, Operator, moderator Or the majority of the general population have asked you not to discuss, Or anything that would NEVER be allowed on the forums For instance, if it were relevent to a converstion on chat Ballistic properties would be Allowed, but not Encoraged, whereas asking for help to remove an orange flash hider, upgrade an airsoft replica beyond the limits for your location (trust me, we can check.) or asking for assistance in Illeagle activities (such as "where would i get Chemical X to make pyrotechnic device Y").

The rules on the Chat guideline/entry page are vauge,(I think) for the simple reason that its better to use Judgement in each case rather than have a blanket rule for all situations as on the forums. The blanket rules work on the Forum because you can Edit what you say, so theres no excuse for leaveing something you said in the heat of the moment on veiw.

Also for reference, if one operator bans you, its very unlikely telling the others this will be enough to have the ban removed. Marlowe, Myself Dave and Greebo_brat all have the exact same privilages in the chatroo, and as such, we would be very cautios about over ruleing a desision by any of the others. AFAIK only Marcus and Arnie have anything more in practice, or if we were asked by a Global Moderator to reveiw the reasons for someone being banned, we will, but untill such times as its agreed that a ban is unfair, there is little to no chance of any Op overturning it.

please note these are my own personal veiws and they do not constitute any "official" announcement. anyone quoteing this post as rules for chat will be Cockdropped.

<snip>

Anyway to buisness, Some folk for some reason seem to think that they can say what the want in the Arnies Chatroom, because theres no actual record kept, or because they feel they have a right to "free speech". This is mostly correct, however there are a few exeptions and, I'll list them(and these have all happened) now in no particular order:

<snip>

Yes, I've done it, But I've seen worse cases, Including Argo this morning....

Edit: Caeses? Is that some form of disease? :blink:

My rant for the day: Thick headed PC prats.

I was waiting for a friend to finally pick what she wanted to eat in a shop at dinner, and overhear this little conversation:

Idiot 1: ''White bread, isn't that racist?''

Idiot 2: ''Shushhhh, they'll think we're racist!''

Now is it just me or is this just over the top ######?

It's bread, for crying out loud. We have brown bread, does that cause offence? No, as most people have common sense and see it as a description, not as an insult.

It's the same with whiteboards and blackboards. My college is predominantly Asian, perhaps 90%. To be honest, I couldn't care less, yet we get it shoved down our throughts (sp?) constantly that we should be more equal with them (as in white people must respect their beliefs and what not) and don't use any offensive terms.

I don't care what they're beliefs are about anything at all, really, as I'm generally a friendly guy with anyone. But when they start getting special privilages, such as a proposed trip to London for Islamic people for something or other, and I ask if anyone can go, I get told 'No', as I'm not muslim.

Ok, fair enough, the trip wasn't aimed at me. But were we to suggest that only causasians were allowed to go o somewhere, there would be uproar.

It gets quite annoying at times.

Ok, this isn't really a rant as there's only so much I can say about it, but it has to be said: Stop *fruitcage*-ing copying Sledge's "what happened to three?" gag! It was funny the first time, but now it's getting annoying when people use it all the time, especially when they get the numbering wrong.

If you think I'm wrong in saying that there'a a right and wrong way to number it, look at this: it should read

1. blah

2. blah blah

4. what happened to three?

5. blah blah blah

3. here it is.

Point three should be numbered as point four, to give the impression that three is missing. Instead I've seen it written with point three numbered as the last number in the sequence. Well done for killing the joke.

Fair enough, this has turned into a rant. Oh well.

School rant, why can't my *fruitcage* English teacher explain anything?! if at all, we get basic directions. Also, why did you decide you wanted to give us a project already!? Its only the 4th day of school, and we only have till friday! This is just stupid!

People posting game day reveiw threads in general discussion such as this one. that one particularly irks me because they already have an (allcaps titled) thread in newbie for the self same site, however cool the site may be, and however much a bunch of the regulars there were great folk at AG05, it's getting on my wick now.

Donuts.

I mean, if I was to gorge myself to massive, Johnny-Vegas-esque obesity, and then carry on going until I either exploded or died of a massive heart attack (or just refused to go out in public because I didn't have any trousers that would fit me, once I reached a waist size of about 250" :D), I'd use donuts as my tool.

They're tasty, they're gorgeous, they give you an excellent sugar rush, they remind me of everyone's favourite copper (xRAZERx of course, not PC Plod! :o)...they're perfect...

...except they don't keep well enough.

If you get them fresh, they're lovely for about 6 hours, then they go hard and stale. Take them out of the bag and 30mins later they've gone hard enough to use as a blunt object in a GBH offence.

And half of the time, they've hard enough to break into a car with as soon as you buy them, because the lard-arses at Tesco can't be arsed to change them every day.

WHY?!

Guys, you're ruining the best food on the planet because you're sitting in the back room on your huge arses eating the fresh ones.

<_<

Donuts.

I mean, if I was to gorge myself to massive, Johnny-Vegas-esque obesity, and then carry on going until I either exploded or died of a massive heart attack (or just refused to go out in public because I didn't have any trousers that would fit me, once I reached a waist size of about 250" :D), I'd use donuts as my tool.

They're tasty, they're gorgeous, they give you an excellent sugar rush, they remind me of everyone's favourite copper (xRAZERx of course, not PC Plod! :o)...they're perfect...

...except they don't keep well enough.

If you get them fresh, they're lovely for about 6 hours, then they go hard and stale. Take them out of the bag and 30mins later they've gone hard enough to use as a blunt object in a GBH offence.

And half of the time, they've hard enough to break into a car with as soon as you buy them, because the lard-arses at Tesco can't be arsed to change them every day.

WHY?!

Guys, you're ruining the best food on the planet because you're sitting in the back room on your huge arses eating the fresh ones.

<_<

I really think it'd be more of an ABH rather than a GBH mate...

U know what annoys me, geography teachers. A 2000 word essay in 2 days? You've got to be joking :angry:

Stories in the newspaper about people who were in Big Brother, they annoy me intensely. Further more, anything involving Jordan, you serve no purpose in this world luv, kindly fu*k off far away, like Siberia or somewhere.

Traffic Jams

etc,etc......

Archived