My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Sent out questions about stuff to three sellers over the last few days.

None of them responded.

Seriously, is it so hard to write "Yes, I can make a 4" wide brass WH40K Imperial Eagle for your hat" or "No, I won't make a 4" wide brass WH40K Imperial Eagle for your hat"?!

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tube of silicone sealant and a mastic gun.

Fixed.

No one ever uses those stupid windows anyway. Do a neat job and the next buyer won't be aware :)

I will have to check but I think it is that window, if it is the proper full electric windows area then I will get the seals replaced instead.

Those little windows are pointless though, I think only when I had my mates dog in the car did we open them.

'FireKnife'

Septic pump broke down earlier without us noticing, till I went down to the sub basement and saw the floor covered in water.  Luckily it was just water, but unless my uncle comes up with a solution tomorrow, this is going to be yet more frustration this month.

Every winter something happens down there and some form of flooding occurs.

Laid in bed last night, unable to sleep as my GF's new meds make her toss and turn all night. Found myself thinking about a girl I dated briefly when I was 16, which didn't help much with the sleeping.

Scumbag brain of mine.

EDIT: I missed the point: Up late, couldn't sleep, tired now.

Am still friends with her (though not close, she moved away. Facebook friends), so it was present day her I was thinking of.

16 year old me would have walked through fire for her.

EDIT: left it too late to book on for The Towers this Saturday as wanted my buddy to confirm whether he could go too, now they're full. :( Where else is running a game on Saturday? Anywhere within striking distance of Northampton? 

If not then I am going to spend the whole day in a onesie drinking tea and playing Farcry 4.

Surrounded by morons at work.

Colleague forgot to put a table number on a burger, which means it doesn't come through to the top bar screen (counts as table 0 so stays on downstairs screen) and the kitchen sent it up without letting me know over the radio. For some reason the guys on the floor didn't bother to find out where it was going. Customer comes up to the bar and tells me he's been waiting 20 minutes for a veggie burger. Go into my servery and its sitting under the heatlamp, no major drama, apologised and promised a fresh meal and gave him a complimentary pepsi.

Then I leave the bar for five minutes to set an ale to clean, come back up and some guy comes up to the bar with a sharing platter, saying he'd love it but he didn't order it. Find out where it was meant to go (shock horror there was a table number and the correct one was on the ticket) yet this sharer had ended up on two different tables already. Colleague took it out to the poor ladies and they weren't happy (rightly so, I would've offered them a fresh one rather than one that had done a tour of the pub). Refunded that to start with for good measure. Talked it through with my duty manager and we agreed to refund the entire meal as their lunch was basically ruined. The ladies were lovely to myself and my manager as they could tell we were incredibly disappointed with what had happened. I felt genuinely ashamed that my colleagues seem incapable of doing their jobs.

Platter went to the table that ordered it but it was lukewarm. Guy on the floor should've apologised profusely and offered a fresh one rather than one that had been passed around. They also got their burgers pretty much just after they got the platter as the kitchen don't hold mains until the customers are ready for some reason.

Just ridiculous. I finished at 4 which would leave the three stooges upstairs by themselves for two hours, offered to stay on as I couldn't trust them and when I was turned down I told my manager it was on his own head.

I've mentioned who I work for before, probably shouldn't because this will likely be in breach of my contract regards social media but its a large pub chain. Probably the largest in the UK (Not Greene King)

I am ashamed to admit, to eating other people's food in a pub when no-one claimed it (burritos). Tasted oh so good.

Rant:- shoddy workmanship. Those damned steps at Earlestown train station. Plastic gaurds, for the gap between each step, are coming away and tripping me up (when I'm busy trying to get the pram up/down the damned bridge that the steps are on). You had one job . . . . First world problem.

Not really, the rig would envolve a lot of redesigning and the straps would be hard to get right (to keep him in). Yes, I have thought this through already. I need the pram for part of the journey home to attach the boogie board, so my daughter can get on it and I push both of them home (it's a lot faster than going at my daughters pace).

I'm very sorry you've gone through all this - But I should point out it's most likely a legal requirement.

The problem is because of the *suitcase* design of the buses and angles and that poxy *fruitcage* bar that is in a retarded place blocking the wheelchair slot it's actually harder to get sorted if I have to use the ramp on most buses especially the older retardedly steep ramps.

I had a few things to pick up for work this morning, and it's easier to go straight from my house, so I took a pool car home yesterday.

Got told it doesn't lock when on my way home. Remote blipper thingy doesn't work, and the key doesn't fit the door lock.

Handy. So it sat unlocked all night.

This morning, the key decides it doesn't fit the ignition either. No amount of wiggling or coaxing will get it in (stop it, fireknife...). Supposed to leave at 0730. It's now 0845.

No spare key at the office, apparently someone broke that a while ago, and speaking to the lad who normally drives it, says it's been like that for ages, but it will go in "if you just keep wiggling it" Well, no, it won't.

Somehow he's now trying to put this on me as though I'm doing something wrong.

My nice easy Friday with an early dart is quickly going to *suitcase*, through no fault of my own, due to lack of maintenance and laziness.

Yeah that's all on your coworker for not warning you first. Enjoy your lazy Friday! :)

Currently sat in my lounge with a brew!

I shall also be putting an invoice in for this morning, as it's a work vehicle that has failed and caused my delay.

Paid to drink coffee? I'll take that :)

Archived