My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

If only I'd had a set of something like that before working a year and a half of nights at my pub. The ear plugs we were supplied with were ###### and I lost quite a bit of hearing because of it.

Yeah, I took my own in when I worked in a nightclub for that reason.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A 4 inch grinder with some 1mm slitting discs will sort that!

What earplugs? Sp3? I'm after some since my dog ate my custom moulded noise cancelling ones...

On it. My buddy is gonna lend me his. He has tons of discs suitable for all manner of metals.

The earplugs I have are the EP4. Very impressed with them.

I have a set of EP4s.. very good! Would recommend them if you want some comfy plugs. The issue I have with them is I find they cut out a lot of the surrounding noise too so I find im often crept up on as I can't hear the smaller noises.. In the end I've opted to carry them with me in a pouch but not use them unless things start to get too close and the grenades are coming often and close.

The plot thickens with this barrel.

I made something if an error with magnet checking it: not all of it is steel. The top and bottom are steel, while the main body of the thing appears to be ali. Which explains the melty blades.

Either way, my buddy has cutting discs for all occasions.

BBQ. 

Is gonna be made of as much recycled/reclaimed stuff as possible. The frame I am planning to make out of reclaimed fence posts, with the barrel being supported on some angle steel I swiped from one of the skips at work. 

I know. 

Problem with my mother is she drags her feet with things. So she promised to sort me out a beer barrel for ages and never got it sorted, kept saying "yeah, I've sorted it, I just need to go get it" and never did.

Time drags on, and summer draws to a close.

If the beer barrel was at the co-op she'd have fetched it. Bloody woman cant go 2 days without going to the co-op.

I usually do anyway. I have a pic somewhere of the tarp I put up last time it rained and I wanted to BBQ.

EDIT: Trawled through and found it for you. Cause I'm nice like that. 

Also, you see why I want to build an epic BBQ. My current one is *suitcase*.

1508003_10153352685518162_46092413780178

Hinged for sure. Will be riveting on some stainless steel butt hinges to the upper and lower rim (the bit that I now know is steel).

Was considering a gas strut for the lid, but I feel a chain or a rod like a car bonnet may be a bit easier and cheaper to sort.

Archived