My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps I just spend more time outside than most of you but there has been sod all rain this summer.

It's all been weekend rain, so for us regular 9 to 5 folk it appears to rain a lot more than it actually does.

In fact, I'm sick of it being glorious while I'm office-bound, and then proceeding to it down for 3 days when I get off work on a friday.

I'm in the same boat Scorch... Soon to change job though as I've finally found an apprenticeship that'll take a 22 year old! 

I think a gas strut would be totally awesome but you're right a chain or rod would be easier and probably more reliable over time! Less to break!

It is. I've had some nasty cuts where I haven't initially noticed them until I see blood on something.

It's daft, because then you would get 2 duct fitters stopping work and methodically checking themselves to see who had the bleed!

My forearms are pretty much impervious to pain due to years of working with steel. ..

Having dabbled with working within the glass industry, you learn fast you can cut your hand open, without feeling, pretty easily. Hell, you can slit your wrist easily too. If it's sharp enough you won't feel a thing. Ruined many a perfect fitting, of a new frame, pissing blood all over the nice shiny white plastic.

You ever have one of those days where the road to basically everywhere you need to go is bloody closed.  Most infuriating.  Found some interesting back country roads though and it was nice and sunny so not all bad I suppose.

I love finding small back roads that are fun to drive on!! So long as they aren't so narrow your constantly worrying about a car coming at you!

A lot of it was single track but still fun at a safe speed.  You know those sunken roads set in tree tunnels.  Gave it the full beans when all was clear ahead though :D

And Alias, yes.  Every day sadly.

A lot of it was single track but still fun at a safe speed. You know those sunken roads set in tree tunnels. Gave it the full beans when all was clear ahead though :D

And Alias, yes. Every day sadly.

Oh yeah driving at safe speeds is fine but if the road is proper thin it's the morons coming the other way that worry me! I've had two friends have to put their cars in ditches because of that. One being said moron unfortunately!

Still love roads like that! Very satisfying to have a clear road ahead too.

*fruitcage* NHS.

My GF applied for a job with them. Spent 3 hours on the application form, getting every last bit perfect. Got an interview today, so I stayed up late last night sewing her nice trousers for her because she hadn't worn them in a while and forgot that one of the seams had come apart slightly.

And they'd advertised the salary wrong. So even if they offered her the job, she can't take it as it wouldn't pay anywhere near enough.

I'm absolutely fuming. She's put so much into this interview.

So yesterday I crashed, and today there's no water. Turns out they're fixing a busted pipe somewhere nearby and had to turn the water off for the entire goddamn building.

I just came back with four bottles full of water from a nearby deep well.

To be honest Scorch, she's better off not working there.

The only reason ANYONE works there is because they care about the patients. The handling of staff, the way they are treated, promotions/sideways movement, is all absolutely abysmal. My girlfriend is a Health care assistant at reading hospital.

Some of the stuff she tells me, any other kind of work place you'd probably sue

It was for an administration role in the mental health sector. She works for the county council at the moment doing a similar role already, it was just intending to be her making a slight change for more money.

It was for an administration role in the mental health sector. She works for the county council at the moment doing a similar role already, it was just intending to be her making a slight change for more money.

Ah. Still, I imagine she's better off still when it comes to how they'll handle her. I was when I worked for a council administration

Archived