My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Anyone else irked at the speed of developments (or lack thereof) around this supposed located Nazi gold train?  I mean, if it's booby trapped with mines/unstable explosives whatever, surely they want to confirm the treasure hunters finders fee and get out to it before some chancer comes across it due to all the media coverage and brings a mountain down on top of them/loots it.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forgot to put the draught order in for Monday today, normally they call us up and they didn't until right before they closed their line but one of the managers had to call me.

So now we won't be getting any beer in on Monday. With it being a bank holiday we might run out. Guinness is the only product I'm really worried about.

In itself its not too bad but I know one manager is going to give me grief all day and if we DO run out of something I know the pub manager is going to tear me a new one.

Should stop doing the extra time I'm not even being paid for as clearly it means I'm neglecting my basic duties.

Unfortunately being a chain prices are pretty immutable (which I feel is silly). Only thing I can really change prices on is ale which won't be a supply problem.

Just hope the git manager tomorrow doesn't rip into me along with the pub manager when I see her Wednesday. What will be will be though. I'll offer to go on jobseeker's if they'd rather.

If you were waiting for a call isn't that a mitigating circumstance? And if you are getting grief just stop doing the unpaid stuff on the grounds of it affecting your work and in two weeks they will be in a panic because the stuff isn't being done from what I can tell from your previous comments

Dark child the ones I see giving people grief for stuff like flashes or berets are either administration types who seem to me to he feeling the need to defend their identities as soldiers or the old guys who didn't do anything more dangerous braving horrific antibiotic immune stds fromm trying to sleep with the camp bike.

I had one guy come up to me and basically scream at me in a Surplus shop demanding to know why I was buying insignia and a set of no 2's (was costume shopping for the uni drama soc and needed a UNIT officer kit) and he got stroppy as hell when he got his answer because I didn't return my purchases and apologise simply because he disliked what I was doing.

Most people in the forces I have met seem to be relatively sensible and well adjusted people but some take the fact they are in the forces and use it as a means of claiming knowledge in a subject or moral superiority. Whether is about them suddenly become idiot savants about guns or harder than Van Damme Bruce Lee and Lesgar just because of their ownership of a forces ID or they whip it out as a means to prove the rightness of their cause or as a reason why they won't rip you off or the product that they endorse is the tits.

The same way that some women suddenly become the total moral authority on EVERYTHING and have the insight required to point out what everyone does wrong and how the world should be run just because they have had a parasite embedded inside them for 9 months before it was forcibly torn out with forceps.

Eh, we're supposed to call if we get no contact from them.

Turns out my manager on yesterday afternoon was able to get an order on so we'll survive. Git manager was actually alright with me the little we've spoken so far.

However the frakking ankle is killing this morning.

Anyone else irked at the speed of developments (or lack thereof) around this supposed located Nazi gold train?  I mean, if it's booby trapped with mines/unstable explosives whatever, surely they want to confirm the treasure hunters finders fee and get out to it before some chancer comes across it due to all the media coverage and brings a mountain down on top of them/loots it.

Knowing the Polish government and its bureaucracy, they'll get around to unearthing that train somewhere around 2030. Maybe starting a Nazi Zombie Apocalypse in the process.

Hell, between the local government and climate change, that would be a blessing.

Russian logic: start war with neighboring country, invade and threaten with nuclear weapons.  Burn western food in protest to import sanctions as a result of starting said war. All whilst suffering from significant poverty in places.  Good one...

It's so hot that the portable AC unit in my room is struggling. Seriously, usually having it aimed at me from ten feet away is enough to make my work comfortable, but today it's running on full blast and I'm still sweating.

But hey, an hour and a half, and I'm outta here. Hell, my manager just bailed out.

Spent three hours yesterday evening to figure out what the *fruitcage* was wrong with the Arduino program I cobbled together, as it was going on the fritz for no reason. Stripped it down to triggers and calls for debug messages. Then I *fruitcage* realized: instead of grounding the input pin and wiring some positive voltage to it through a momentary switch, I... connected it to ground through a momentary switch. Ungrounded pin was collecting fuzz and going bonkers. GAH!

Some *Ubar* burgled our fruit machines Monday night. He sprayed the IR/motion sensors along with some of our cameras then hid in a cupboard until the pub was vacated. Managed to hit 9 fruities and scarper as no alarm triggered. He even had frigging keys to open the machine.

Scary thing is he had a knife on him, so looks like he wasn't afraid of hurting someone if they disturbed him.

Ouch, the doesn't sound good at all, dodgy people out there.

As for me I have been put on a weeks paid suspension due to company protocol after being implemented in something at work.

This is annoying as I have to wait a week to find out what is wrong and then a further week as I am on holiday and unavailable to contact at that time.

Thinking I should just resign quietly and start looking for new work, save all the hassle and such. At least I know who to get a reference from for my good work for the company should I need one.

'FireKnife'

Essentially, in the broadest sense I did screw up but not intend to commit any criminal actions, however as it was data (very old data but still data) it has to be investigated.

However I will decide based on what they tell me over the next week and how it progresses. To be honest I have been looking for a new job but didn't want this as my means to go and find one.

Either way will have to see what happens, if it goes well or badly I don't really have a say as it will all be company policy and followed to the letter, just have to hope the outcome is less damaging, especially to my ability to work as that is what worries me most and makes me think that resigning and taking what I get is better than riding it out, making it worse and ending up worse off.

Oh and yes I did mean 'implicated', was rushing a tad when I put that  :P.

'FireKnife'

Isn't 10% for an adult male dangerous hough I know it was for the boy when he was at 10% at 14.

I can't believe that 10% would be considered "dangerous" even for a 14 year old. I think you'd be looking at single digits before that happens. If you were at 10% bodyfat you'd be "ripped" but you got to take in to account the difference between some like Stunt who is say, weight training and cycling, and someone who is ill. 

edit: unless you mean 14 stone which seems unlikely (no offense). 88kg at 10% bodyfat is bodybuilder territory unless he is well over 6ft! 

12% is about the lowest it is safe for women to go to.  Below that and their hormones get all jacked up and they stop having periods and stuff.

Guys can go as low as 2%, below that there's not enough to protect your heart.

Here is a link to some pictures, I think guys at 10 - 15% look pretty good so why not go for it?

http://www.builtlean.com/2012/09/24/body-fat-percentage-men-women/

Right now there is nearly 18kg of fat in my body.  If I lose 10kg of fat then I'll be happy.

I can probably do that by xmas if I'm brutal about my diet.

Basically I will do 2000 Kcals a day without cutting back on phys, make sure that I get 140g of protein a day and I shouldn't lose too much muscle and I'll be fine.

Archived