My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Nobody comes out of that well though I gotta say if I had to pick the most "guilty" it would be the car.

Of course the cyclist entering the roundabout when it wasn't 100% clear isn't by the highway code, ok, but neither is changing lanes on a roundabout ANYWAY let alone without indicating! You can see at 0:08 the car looks inches away from the centre of the roundabout as if it was going out of the 2nd or third exit, goes to make the turn out of the 1st, notices the cyclist and panics, slamming on the brakes.  Had it been on the outside lane as it was supposed to the cyclist wouldn't have attempted to filter in, imo. 

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing wrong with her positioning I don't think. I can't tell if she was going to take the cyclists first exit or do a U turn and back down the way she came.  Apparently this is normal for this bit of road due to access.

I will agree not indicating is pretty weak.

Nothing wrong with her positioning I don't think. I can't tell if she was going to take the cyclists first exit or do a U turn and back down the way she came.  Apparently this is normal for this bit of road due to access.

I will agree not indicating is pretty weak.

Give way lines are giveway lines so that's that.

What I'm trying to say in short is that she is too far to the right/inside of roundabout to turn left without cutting someone up.  So if you imagine the video as the pic below the cyclist is coming out of exit one. 

The car in the video is taking the path of the yellow car but then cuts into the blue car's path- except in the video its a single lane which I think is worse! 

To put it another way imagine if she did the same except in thicker traffic and nobody filtering in. She would at best obstruct traffic. 

roundabout2.gif

I feel older now  :D  (but not wiser)

Eh, people change their mind half way around a roundabout all the time.

Trucks need all the lanes.

The cyclist made an assumption and then bet his life he was right.

The motorist did the right thing once she saw the bike too.

Somebody doing something mad? Brakes.

I'm editing.

Why the *fruitcage* are the people who sell weights so *fruitcage* stupid?

New and used, iron and bumper, IWF and not.

They can't mark things up properly, they don't give the info you need, they are asshats.

Right.

You are buying weights, you try to by a set, it weighs 150kg and contains 2x5, 2x10, 2x15, 2x20, and 2x25.

POINTLESS!

The 15kg and 25kg weight plates are completely useless.

15kg is a 5 and a 10 and 25kg is a 5 and a 20.  You already have a 5 and a 10 and a 20. Why the *fruitcage* do you need a 15 and a 25?

What you need is 2x20, 2x10, 2x5, 2x2.5, 2x1.25 and possibly 2x0.625.

That way you can go from (including the bar) 20 all the way to 98.75 in 1.25kg increments.

If you need more weight, buy more 20s

Do you see?

The next step up from 98.75 in 1.25 increments is 100.

Take off the 10s, 5s, 2.5s, 1.25s and the 0.625s and add on another pair of 20s and now you are at 100.

It's just like counting in binary except instead of starting with 1 and doubling it we are starting with 0.625 and doubling it.

Nobody on the internet sells that set of weights.

Nobody.

One company sells a set they call a "woman's bar and bumper set" that has the 70kg of weight I want but comes with a shorter, lighter bar.

Who needs that?

Nobody, Ronda Rousey doesn't.  Why is it called a woman's set?  A side order of sexism to go with their stupid.

Perhaps I am asking too much.

Perhaps I am expecting a lot from a group of people who can't tell the difference between 6 and 12, hexagonal and dodecagonal.

They don't even have to use the word dodecagonal, you could just call them polygonal.

But no.

Idiots.

Screenshot%20from%202015-09-30%20222301_

My ear has been blocked for a week now.. Came back from the AI500 with a dull ringing and thought it was just from all the pyro.. went on holiday to Portugal and came back with it still ringing and very little hearing from my right ear.. Went to the Drs to be told that I have a big blockage of a mixture of wax and what looks like dust and sand (likely from the beach). He suspects with the mega hot weather on the weekend of AI500 it's caused *suitcase* to get mixed in with the soft/melted wax and caused the blockage and then the sea hasn't helped. Strange as I don't usually have waxy ears but oh well!

It means I can hardly hear at the moment. The Dr has told me to drop a couple of olive oil drops in my ear each night to soften it up and then after two weeks of that I am scheduled to have my ear syringed. But the oil makes the blockage expand so makes it worse! 

Work are already finding it hilarious they can surprise me from the right and this is only day 1. Good lord how am I going to last two weeks?! Still at least it wasn't permanent damage which i feared!

The second hand market for "good" weights / barbells ie not the argos *suitcase*  is awwwwful.

Try Strength Sports or Pullum.

Hexagonal plates make lifts from the floor really awkward by the way... go circular I reckon! 

I'll look into it.

I wasn't going to buy the polygon ones anyway, I just object to the inaccurate name.

Me: Hi, I'd like to check my parcel was delivered, it was supposed to arrive today.

Wolf: Yes, we posted that.  I'll track it.

That's odd, the tracking is coming up weird, what was your post code again?

Me: Says postcode (in phonetic alphabet, like I always do).

Wolf: OK, it looks like we just straight up sent that to some other address in the same town.

Me: OK, I'm *fruitcage*ed for Sunday's game then...

Me: Hi, I'd like to check my parcel was delivered, it was supposed to arrive today.

Wolf: Yes, we posted that.  I'll track it.

That's odd, the tracking is coming up weird, what was your post code again?

Me: Says postcode (in phonetic alphabet, like I always do).

Wolf: OK, it looks like we just straight up sent that to some other address in the same town.

Me: OK, I'm *fruitcage*ed for Sunday's game then...

Phonetic alphabet is best alphabet. Even if it's not the NATO one, just use your common sense people.

A for arsenic, B for Barry, C for Chincilla, D for Django, E for Excrement, F for fork, G for Gnu, H for hiphopotamus, I for Indiana Jones, J for jam, K for karambit, L for lemon, M for moon, N for NATO, O for Oompaloompa, P for PANZER BATTALION!, Q for Quango, R for rheostat, S for *suitcase*, T for tallahassee, U for Umlaut, V for Vorpal, W for What, X for X-Wing, Y for Yes, Z for zoom zoom.

Archived