My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually the difference between Irish and Scottish Whisk(e)ys.

No E = Scottish.

I checked and asked the Scotsman across the desk from me "Si, how do you spell Whisk(e)y?" 'Whisky, no E, because the Irish are *fruitcage* gay'

Nice bit of zenophobia and homophobia, two birds with one stone and all that jazz.

Honestly? I'm happy enough with the 32" I've got, and have had for the last... 6 years? It's full HD, it's big enough to see the detail from the small living room I've got.

I'd like to upgrade to perhaps a 40", but I've never seen a 4K one, and all my media is in 1080p anyway, so I'd likely not benefit.

And 9k? *fruitcage* that. That's a deposit for a house for me.  A house which will have a garage to keep Rusty safe in, and extra rooms to have mini-Tinks in, and security from landlords selling the house we live in or increasing rent or anything.

I honestly hate how expensive electronics are getting these days. Honestly? NINE THOUSAND POUNDS for a TV? Had a check on the John Lewis website, and half the stuff I don't need and the other third I don't want. I don't want inbuilt freeview - I've got a separate box for that. I don't want 3D - it gives me a headache, the glasses are expensive, and it's pointless outside of a cinema where you can properly lose yourself in it. I don't want an inbuilt camera, I can get a webcam on my computer if I ever want to skype people. Why would I need inbuilt Wi-Fi? That just sounds stupid.

And that's just crazy for something which is just a large display screen, and some chipsets and a pair of speakers. R&D simply cannot cost that much for a freaking TV.

Anyway, rant: I was looking at some new-build houses last weekend. The guvmint is offering some pretty sweet deals if you're a first time buyer (like me and Mrs Tink are), which means we could over pay on a mortgage and have a shot at being mortgage free in under 18 years. that's damned tempting. 

Sadly all the houses that are available in budget don't have garages. Major downside. If I'm buying a house I'm having a garage. That's the one requirement I've got.

There was an interesting 'clean hands self build' place that let you pick the outside of your house from a set few designs, then design the inside exactly how you want it. Want three floors and the top be one massive room? Done. Open plan ground floor to have a nice family kitchen diner living room? Done. *suitcase*, you want a lift? They can put a lift in.

I could honestly see myself living there, with Mrs. Tink and starting a family and watching it grow there. Clear as day, I could see it. And this was in a house that was just to building regulations, so without a kitchen, or bathroom, or floors or decorations. I could see it in the most vivid way I've ever seen anything in my entire life and I want it so badly it hurts.

It's out of budget.

Sadly all the affordable new builds available to first time buyers (Unless you're loaded) have garages you could not get a car in.  It's utterly shocking the government hasn't amended regulations on what size a garage needs to be.  Yeah, you could get an old Mini in one, but who has one of those these days.

Well, every day is a school day!

Cheers :)

At work yes, I'm drinking like a fish, don't want to be there, I'm half asleep, and people are stupid and not human.

Yeah just like school, people say stupid *suitcase*, I really do not understand why they say the things they say.

But then again, I'm an introvert, they are extroverts.

Archived