My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can if its a compact and even then trying to get out is impossible.

Driveway space is limited and you can't park over the sidewalk.

I have a longbed pickup and I can't back behind or in front.

This suburban took up all space, a compact would have problems in front or in back getting out and leave space for the driveway.

This *Ubar* has no courtesy and parked wherever they felt like it. I have been parking in front for 10 years and I leave enough room for easy access to the driveway behind me and more than enough room for 2 small sedans to park in front of me.

A compact would have problems parking in front t or back to leave room for driveways and for others to get out of the parking.

That suburban is 3 feet longer than my long bed Ford.

What stunt said. Sorry, that's fine over here in the land of your forefathers...!

EDIT, Alias, typed as you were typing that, sorry!

My grump is Vodafone. Again.

New contract last month after a debacle on their end.

Got a debit from my account today for a silly sum. Half an hour on hold to find a plethora of errors. The best being I'm eligible for 20% discount due to my job. Discount means money off. The bloke I spoke to today said that 20% had been added on to my acocunt instead.

I mean ffs. They had to do one thing, and did the exact opposite. Mistakes I can appreciate, but to do the exact opposite of what you say you will do?

Beggars belief.

What's "compact" in meters (or freedom units)?

I suspect you could easily fit my car in front of your house 4 or 5 times, possibly still 3 times with that thing there.

Still, if he's a douche by local rules then a douche he is.

I've got a video here, wait a minute...

*edit*

https://gfycat.com/AmusedFavoriteAiredale

Now that's British parking.

Mine's the van, I went for a sandwich.

OK, basically 4m then.

I think mine is 3.5m.  It's pretty dickish parking but in the UK I don't think anyone would even notice.

I literally can't park outside my house and the closest I can get is 30m away on the other side of the road.

So, in doing a little research here I have found out some interesting stuff.

1, It looks like that GMT400 '92-'99 Suburban at 5.5m or 18¼ freedom units would fit nose to tail 3 times in front of your property.

2, That makes your property approximately 16.5m (55fu) wide.

3, In the UK a big space is 1.5 times the car length although 1.25 is doable in one chop and I sometimes have to park in car+500mm.
With my car and standard UK courtesy I could park it 4 times (4 cars at 3.5 meters and 3 gaps of about 800mm) in front of your house.

4, If I was able to park outside my house (which I am not) the GMT400 Suburban would still not be able to park there.

Because it is longer than my house.

My house is 3.9m (13fu) wide and the Suburban is 5.5.

In face the wheelbase of the Suburban (3.3m) is almost the width of my house, that's to the wheel hubs so the edges of the tyres are wider.

5, You have snow.

In case you are wondering what a 13fu wide house with no parking or garage costs in a moderately *suitcasey* area in the South of the UK, it is 213,000 USD.

Conclusion:

I want to live where you are.

Yesterday's skirmish, I was defending a little circular base when someone stuck their gun over a wall, I shot his hand, no go, thick gloves on.

So I stand up and shoot him in the chest once, near enough point blank. He shoots me pretty much at the same time. I take my hit and wait for him to take his. Naturally, he doesn't. He then proceeds to blind fire by sticking his rifle one-handed over the barricade and shoot one of my team-mates in the head point blank - muzzle touching.

I walk away and tell a marshall - this particular player is known to them for several other infractions, not taking hits, shouting at other players, arguing with marshalls, generally being a massive bellend.

I leave it at that, but then after the round finishes, he comes marching up to me and demanding I apologise to him etc. I tell him clearly and calmly that he didn't take a clear mutual hit in a game with infinite respawns on both sides and he was blind firing, which was against the rules laid out in the safety brief. He continues following me and getting in my face and won't leave it alone until a marshall gets involved and tells him to shut the *fruitcage* up and back off.

A pity, otherwise the game day was great fun. This is the same wankspasm who was shouting at me two weeks ago for daring to stand up and ask for a medic when I got shot. You know, like the rules say I have to. And then he argued with the marshall team when they told him to stop being a flangespanner. Spectacular.

Sounds like the kind of person that belongs in paintball....

Perhaps someone can solve this mystery?

Keep seeing the same, strange police trap. A small bridge, with traffic lights either side. One way of traffic at a time. Bridge enters a small village of mostly old timers and rich people.

2 plain clothes officers stand on one side, staring st traffic, and trying to hide scrawling in notepads.

On the other side is a trio of police cars, and about 4 or 5 uniformed officers who pull someone over every once in a while for what, I can't tell.

It's all hand writing and no cameras that I can see anywhere?

We basically live in a police state just wait for something big to kick off and its all going down :( They figured this out several hundred years ago: 

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." 

A friend of mine is a special constable (one of those things you do for free) and kinda accidentally admitted that they pull people over for no reason. Tried to backtrack a bit but yeah :(

My tale of woe was that I got back to my parents house on friday for a skirmish on sunday. Had bought some radios and PTTs - which weren't compatible despite the radios being two-pin motorolas and the PTT designed for... two-pin motorolas!

Then I managed to shear in half my  G36's out barrel assembly (fake gas block thing). Would have been game over had I not had a replacement knocking around in a drawer. Thank gawd I'm a hoarder!  

FWIW: everything was fine. 

Apple Airsoft M1887. For a year I had no idea such a thing existed. That's one thing.

Another, one of the big-name RPG fans over here died yesterday, he was 35. Considering how slobby RPG geeks often are, this got me worried.

Going back to *suitcasey* parking.  This is the kind of I see on a daily basis. That and people parking 1.5m from the end of parking lane bay, reducing available spaces by one.  Muppets.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.6178718,-0.7112562,3a,75y,25.41h,63.4t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1syQs5wHr0woxLi8X0crYwHQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

No idea on the bridge cops thing. Unless one of the marked cars had ANPR. Still no idea why plain clothes would be there though.

A friend of mine is a special constable (one of those things you do for free) and kinda accidentally admitted that they pull people over for no reason. Tried to backtrack a bit but yeah :(

Technically cops can do that. S.165 of the road traffic act I think covers it.

However, why bother? There's enough to do without creating work for yourself.

Archived