My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Cleaned my car and polished it to a mirror finish about half an hour ago, just went outside to find some bird has had a colossal case of the *suitcases* and ruined all my hard work.

I bet you any money it was a seagull. I *fruitcage* hate seagulls. *bramston pickle* *wheelbarrow* *albartroth*.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buying a present for someone who wants something, but will moan if you get them something they don't want. Going to get them a Transformer. At least when they say they don't like it, I can take it off them.

Oh, it's for my mother, and she's a right pain to buy for. Dad's easy (anything to do with a camper van and he's happy).

Why not ask them what they want?

Because you never get a straight answer, it's always 'I don't mind'. But she does, she really really does. After multiple birthdays and Christmases I've decided, for my sanitises sake, I'll just buy generic mother present things (chocolate, cookery book and flowers).

Edit:- also, she doesn't like popcorn or baileys. Also, she changes her mind a lot. Buy her something she liked last year, now she hates it. Buy her a top she likes (and has pointed out to me by her) and all of a sudden she doesn't like it anymore.

Aaaaarrrrggghhhh.

But to be fair, she doesn't kick off about the lack of interesting present or mind reading capability, oh no, the disappointment is all in the eyes.

So the neighbor is having some concrete work done and the company decided to use my driveway and a 2foot strip of my rented property to use as a roadway.

Not *fruitcage* happy!

My yard looks like *suitcase* as it is and I am not replacing that section of grass when I don't have to.

That was the nicest part of my yard and as it is I have a lot of bare spots to fill in and I'm not paying for that strip they *fruitcage*ed up.

So the landlord will handle it because I will get irate on these fools.

ea0db5e31b9ca99f0a2dbfd46b89931b.jpg

0c12af63955f998420b032f7662edf10.jpg

That sucks - since you're renting, at least it's not your problem.

Might as well be, my landlord is terrible to say the least.

She tried to lay out some grass seed but didn't do it right. So the wind and birds took off with all of it.

I'm in the business of making nice yards and I couldn't help but shake my head.

We have no outside storage utility and she wonder's why we never mowed the lawn for a year, because my mower got stollen and I'm not buying another just to have it taken.

What am I to do? Drag it in the house!

Now just a few minutes ago the workers tried to hide their mistake and it didn't work.

ec91d0407fd726a762cbf78a18975abc.jpg

Yeah, private landlords tend to be fairly "hands off" - which I assume to be mostly down to "out of sight, put of mind." Stuff they wouldn't accept in their own home is good enough for their rental property because they don't have to live with it. The people who *do* have to are welcome to fix it themselves, of course, but then you're paying money to fix up someone else's property - and who wants to do that...?

Just had a junkmail letter about renewing house insurance.

From a company that provides cover for over 50's.

I'm 36. Didn't think I looked that bad :(

And the wife was laughing her socks off when I told her!

Edit, junkmail, not junkyard. Stupid phone.

Archived