My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes.

But they're typically in charge of the bits I can't be bothered to be in charge of - fuel injection, ABS etc.

My corrado has precisely three computers in it. One what does the fuel injection (and the fuel injection only), one what does standard car stuff (how fast am I going? what fuel have I got left? what time is it?) etc etc, and one that makes the spoiler go up at 45mph and down at 10 mph.

I'd have a mini but I don't fit :(.

Corrados are amazing. Good news (for us that already own them) is that people are finally realising, so prices are going up and up and up.

Tell her it's an investment. (becuase it likely will be).

what engine would you go for?

saying that, when my car was built, computers had such AMAZING specs! 50Mhz CPU! 4MB RAM!

Sure, 80s/90s computers weren't super powerful by today's standards, but how much processing power can a program to raise and lower a spoiler at given speeds really need?

It's got one anyway.

11112.JPG

Spoiler control module for a Corrado.

Literally all it does is ping the speed and go "am I going over 45? Oh, yes. great. Spoiler up. Whoo! Am I still going over 45? Oh, no, but have I gone under 10? No, no worries then."

Encountered another one.

Airsoft related.

Organisations trying to get people to play ... on grasslands.

Yes. Wide open grasslands.

With 350FPS limits. The only cover a few stacks of hay, pallets and car tires.

So, tell me how you think that's a good idea?

Low crawl, prone, gorilla tactics, sneak attack.

Reminds me of that "wasteland" site F&O had which was the worst days airsoft I have ever played.

Old quarry. Zero cover for most of it. Wind whipped straight through it. And to top it off, we were made to play into the wind and up a hill for the entire afternoon with out effective range essentially halved by the wind.

Wasteland? Waste of a day more like.

I'd have a mini but I don't fit :(.

Corrados are amazing. Good news (for us that already own them) is that people are finally realising, so prices are going up and up and up.

Tell her it's an investment. (becuase it likely will be).

what engine would you go for?

Always wanted a VR6 but they're super rare nowadays and the price reflects that. So realistically I'd take what I can get! She sees the investment side just also sees the glaring lack of space and funds!

Shame you can't fit in a Mini they are so much fun! Im currently shoehorning a B16 VTEC into mine whilst trying to keep the standard bell nose. Also have found an AWD conversion which can only ever go well with that much power and lack of weight..

EDIT: On topic.

I AM OUT OF BACON AND MY COFFEE GRINDER HAS STOPPED WORKING!!! What am I supposed to do now?!

Fizzy pop and peanut butter cups?

I played a miserable day of airsoft at a *suitcasey* site with no cover which was made even more infuriating by the fact that the last game of the day (when all by stuff was broken) took place in a brilliant complex of sheds.

Why not play there all day?

Who knows.

Morons.

Archived