My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spetsnazdave, while I agree with your post before last I do have one thing to point out. Autism (what I guess you mean by "on the spectrum") is a learning disability not a mental illness

As a psychologist, and a qualified SEN teacher, Autism/ASD is a mental condition which in the majority of cases will result in specific or general learning difficulties. In some cases, however, (as in high-functioning autism) it will not impede learning outside of difficulties caused by social interaction.

In other news, *fruitcage* flatmates left all the washing up in the sink and didn't bother to let it soak or anything. I would have left it but they have managed somehow to use ALL of the plates and forks.

Unfortunately this is one of those times Google is wrong. The NAS has this definition

"Autism is a lifelong, developmental disability that affects how a person communicates with and relates to other people, and how they experience the world around them."

Also research shows that markers for asd can be found in children before birth, it's just that visible signs in behaviour only appear in early childhood.

Don't worry, no offence taken as you're clearly an adult with standards and morals

I have been a member of this forum for 11 years and until now I have never even looked to see if this forum has an "ignore user" feature.

I am somewhat saddened to find that it does not.

I experienced this exact set of emotions a few days ago, I feel your pain. 

Sorry if I gave the impression I was using 'on the spectrum' or 'autistic' as an insult. Not something I would ever do, but not something I have a whole amount of experience with so I apologize if I've used the wrong terminology.

My annoyance of the day: extremely short notice requests to do cover shifts.

I have been a member of this forum for 11 years and until now I have never even looked to see if this forum has an "ignore user" feature.

I am somewhat saddened to find that it does not

My control panel>settings>'Ignore' preferences>add new user

Everyone is welcome.

Locked whilst I sort this out.

I was hoping that it'd come to a natural end with people being friendly and respecting each others opinions, but when users are openly admitting to bypass the swear filter to insult other users, that's not cricket.

Stop it.

Now.

Do you realise that us on the mod team don't get anything for the job? Apart from the minor sense of satisfaction from helping keep Arnies the best forum on the internet? (and the very minor power trip)

We all have jobs.

We all have family lives, successes, fails, and little victories of our very own. And yet, we choose to give up our free time to stop spam-bots, close sales threads, delete double posts and the like, and, ulimately, stop grown men bickering like school children.

As Mrs. Tink is a school teacher, I feel I can draw that comparison validly and accurately.

I've spent the past half an hour of my own time deleting post after post on here. That's time I'll not get back, and time I could've spent much much better blowing up imaginary tanks, or reading through a backlog of books I've got, or preparing my car for it's second attempt to make it to and/or around the Nurburgring.

If you were involved in the argument, and I don't need to name names, because you know you were, then you need to take a long look at whether being 'right' on the internet is worth the time, effort and vitriol into belittling other people who you are only talking to because at the end of the day, we like pretending to shoot people at the weekends with toy guns.

If people can't be nice, people will be removed from the play pen. 

I hate to sound like the old ASCUK of yore, but using this forum is a privilege, not a right.

Play nice, or don't play at all.

Your choice.

Agreed, and my apologies for being a stubborn *rickroll*.

On topic, my first shift back after some time off today and found out a regular customer we see all the time  mainly booking appointments etc on behalf of her husband died suddenly last week. Life's a *bramston pickle* sometimes. Puts my petty internet *suitcase* in perspective.

The delivery guys proved to be stinkin' gits, and the legacy of my supremely daft mom lingers on. Because I got a new fridge, but to put it in the kitchen, I had to:

- Empty the pot&pan cupboard, then drag it to the left to make some access to the old fridge. Be careful not to tear the vinyl flooring too much.
- Lug the pots and pans to the living room, dump them in an out-of-the-way corner and be happy that I at least have one.
- Remove the kitchen sliding door. *fruitcage* it, I'm not putting it back on, there's no point in that. I may scavenge the vertical frame edge to replace the one between the living room and bedroom, but nothing else.
- Remove the kitchen sink. It's way too large for any sensible use anyway.
- Lug the kitchen sink to the bathroom, so it's out of the way.
- Drag the old fridge from the kitchen to the living room, as the two lazy sods from the appliance store couldn't do it because of the door and the sink. Be careful not to tear the vinyl flooring too much.
- Vacuum, then mop the floor under the fridge and the space that was under the cupboard.
- Lay the extension cord cable so it goes along a wall, and I don't run it over with the new fridge by accident.
- Uncoil the new fridge's power cable, and run it across the side and front, then use a bit of tape that held the fridge shelves to stick the plug to the fridge door. Just so it doesn't drop and tangle itself when I'm trying to...
- Drag the new fridge from the living room to the kitchen. Be careful not to tear the vinyl flooring too much.
- Plug the new fridge in and adjust the front legs, otherwise the fridge will make unnecessary noise.
- Lug the kitchen sink from the bathroom back to the kitchen. Pour two tablespoons of drain cleaner directly into the grotted-up drain just in case.
- Drag the pot&pan cupboard back into place. Keep at least an inch or two of distance from the rapidly heating up fridge. Be careful not to tear the vinyl flooring too much.
- Leave the very much dead old fridge in the living room. Call the customer service hotline to ask "what do", colorfully describing the issue. Get an e-mail address that is supposed to expedite the matter.
- Have a friend over. Have a drink or three to celebrate the new purchase that just ruined my *fruitcage* third-world budget.
- Go to the stairwell and take a picture of the fridge box the lazy sods from the store failed to dispose of.
- Write an e-mail to the customer service, demand a refund for the things the lazy sods failed to do and some transport that's gonna get the *fruitcage* old fridge off to the recycling center (or any nearby woods, as per the local "tradition").

WHY IS NOTHING EVER SIMPLE?!

But why do I touch myself at night?

Edit, obvious answer causes infinite loop...

Edit 2, unless secret obvious answer number 2 is that I'm a *wheelbarrow*...

Edit 3, maybe I should stop drinking and posting. I'm really full of mischief, and I've an un-nerving feeling I'm still teetering on the edge of an abyss for some reason ;)

Archived