My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My halfwit supervisor again. He's decided to put me down for overtime weekend shifts without asking. Now I've said I can't do them he's got the *albartroth*. Apparently, despite working 60 hours a week, I'm supposed to give up more of my family time to do him a favour

For some I'm busy (one I've booked off the Monday after and mentioned above I'm away that whole weekend) and the others I'm refusing on the principle of him not asking. Tbh watching him get all sulky over me not being a sycophantic *albartroth* kisser is the best entertainment I get all day

For Tinkerton. You're welcome ^^.

Ps. I don't drink beer. I prefer your Scottish poison. I feel like I skipped my juvenile years and turned from milkmouth into man.

Scotch is a good shout. Any favourite distilleries? Mine is Jura.

I am so drunk literally nothing seems like a bad idea. Drive my car into a river? Why not! Punch a man in the ceotch? Sure.! Dri. K even more beets what don't know what they ate? Yes!

Glenn ish y/n is fiuny. I swear I heard them just say fuxk during an advert. Lsosl.

Just read that back.

ALERT ALERT! We have a code red. Coffee not working. I require backup sent to Mr Tink ASAP. Warning - COFFEE IS NOT WORKING. This is not a drill.

Hair of the dog.

It's the only way.

Not when you have to drive to Germany.

Try a teaspoon of cement and a pint of water and harden the *fruitcage* up.

Or some WD40 on whatever is making that whining noise.

Just read that back.

I read it back this morning but left it for posterities sake.

Belgian Trappist beer is strong. I had perhaps 6 or 7 pints of minimum 7% beer, and whilst I am a giant, I am not a regular drinker, so it hit me hard.

Headache this morning which is the first proper semblance of a hangover I've ever had, which is new.

Got to eupen services where we stopped for lunch and after a brief moment where the mx5 failed an update of the ecu map and nearly bricked itself, we arrived in nurburg at around 17.30, unpacked, checked the nordschleiffe webcams, saw it was quiet and popped over.

Closed due to an incident on one of the corners, waiting about 15 minutes for the eager ones to get out and then I went.

I did it.

I did the thing.

Initial viewings of the video suggest it was a 14 minute something lap, which considering I pulled over and let EVERYTHING past, I am extraordinarily happy with.

I reckon with more experience driving the corrodo and a few tweaks, I should see somewhere around 12 minutes, which would be amazing.

Just read that back.

I tried that and she started whining and shouting more

You need duct tape then... :P

Tink, well done! Because of this thread I've been watching a few videos of nurburgring laps on youtube. I get a bit giddy and jealous :)

Went to fit the PEQ15 that was on my 416 side rail onto the top of my MP7. It sits crooked by a couple of mm (must've missed this on the 416) Spent a good half hour trying to shim it with no success. Will give it another crack tomorrow when I'm more alert but frustrating is the word...

Duct Tape: turning "NO! NO!" into "mmmmh! mmmmh!"

Edit - in other news, I donated blood today and now my arm is bruised and sore. :(

You sometimes get that. I had someone new put a needle into mine one time, and it bruised from the shoulder to my wrist.

Don't care. It's the least I can do. Blood donations saved my wife's life during childbirth, and if I can spare half an hour or so to do the same, it's worth it.

The NHS is crying out for donations, I would urge anyone who can to do it :)

Damn right.

Not a donor? Sorry, you can't have any blood or organs then.

Personally, I think everyone medically fit to donate blood should be required to do so if needed. If more than 2% of the population were donating blood, everyone would have to donate far less than the current maximum allowed rate of once every 3 months.

I also think anyone who dies with organs which are suitable for transplant should have those organs donated. No one should have to die waiting for a transplant while viable organs are being burned/buried on a daily basis.

Stunt's Britain should institute such policies.

I actually didn't tick eyes on my donor form - I'm very squeamish about eyes.

Of course, in a rational world, I know that's stupid. I should change it - after all, I'll be dead at the time and won't be inconvenienced by what happens to my lifeless corpse.

Back to blood, though - apparently in Sweden or somewhere, they send donors a text whenever their blood is used, so you know that you just helped save someone who was in a car crash, or getting a lung transplant or whatever. We could do with such a system here.

I'm the same with corneas. Shudder at the thought. Don't like feeling that way but can't help it.

The rest of me? If chopping me up can help others, have at it. Even the winky if it gets cut in to 3 or 4 normal-sized ones to help blokes who've lost theirs for whatever reason :P

As stunt said though, grown organs will be the future :)

Archived