• Last Reply

I respectfully disagree.
I think it goes:

Keaton

Afflek

Bale

Kilmer

Clooney

Anyway, they tried to do the job of 5 films in one.

They had too much *suitcase* going on for one film but if they had broken it into pieces and developed the characters a bit more they could have had had something a bit special.

Man of Steel 2 (vs Lex)

A new Batman with Afflek (and introduce Wonder Woman)

Bats vs Supes

Ah, I see what you mean.

No way is Affleck better than Bale. No way.

It was annoying how they kept mentioning things that we hadn't seen (that Batsuit with Joker graffiti? At least two Wonder Woman stories were alluded to, etc...) but still felt they had to shoehorn in Wayne's parents being killed, as if anyone alive doesn't know Batman's origin story by now...

They're trying to rush into Justice League to rival Marvel's Avengers - but how many standalones did Marvel have before the first Avengers?

Iron Man

Hulk

Iron Man 2

Thor

Captain America

By my count that's FIVE films just leading up to the Avengers.

People walled out of Iron Man buzzing about the next one, each one setting up and teasing the next.

I walked out of the cinema today going "meh" - sure, I'll watch Justice League and whatever, but I'm not *excited* about it.

The trailers for Civil War, the next Xmen and Ghostbusters excited me more than the film I was there to watch...

That was Robin's suit wasn't it? Cos Joker killed him?

And yeah.  The DC suits don't quite grasp how to build a universe.  Marvel has been doing hours of foreplay but DC's approach is rip off the pants straight away and smash the back doors in.

Could have been - looked grey like a batsuit to me though.

Whatever it was, it had a story behind it that we weren't shown.

Although I feel sorry for anyone cast as Joker after Heath Ledger...

Edit - internet consensus does indicate it was Robin's suit with the graffiti, not a batsuit. I must not have been paying enough attention to it - possibly because the film was so slow and badly paced...

Timothy Dalton is the best Bond by far. 

Also Batfleck is my favourite Batman. He nails both Bruce Wayne and Batman imo.

He could be the best if he gets his own film.

Right now the "Martha!  Why did you say that name!  Grrrrrrr!" bit lets him down a smidge.

Also, fighting Superman - better do Crossfit, what?

Nothing good ever happens in Hull.

You're right there. I ran out of fuel, and while Marlowe was being a legend and getting me a jerry can of fuel someone ran into his parked car.

Also, how long does it take youtube to upload videos? Jesus.

I feel this is the best review/summary of Batman v Superman.

Warning: this spoils the entire film from beginning to end. Literally, every single thing. If you have not seen it and want to, do NOT read this article. You have been warned.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/batman-v-superman-spoiler-faq-of-justice-1767720335

I've had it with the media covering Prince's death. Just like Michael Jackson and David Bowie I've been oversaturated with their songs and everybody's say in it on every-fekin'-channel on the radio. They were legends, I get it! But now I feel disgust hearing one of their songs, thank you media coverage...

This shows news isn't brought. It's made. They don't know what else to do, at the broadcast stations...

Archived