My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Nope, remove the rubber replace with epoxy, push the pins back in.

That'll do it.

The rubber will flex and will not maintain dimensional stability when exposed to teh rapid temperature changes in a mag, that will make it fail next to dissimilar materials like epoxy.

The epoxy will have an expansion rate fairly similar to that of the metal.

Give or take...

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd actually prefer everybody stopped all the killings, to be honest.

I've thought about what, if anything, I could or should say about the shooting in Oregon.

By all accounts I shouldn't care, because it was a gay club and I'm a practicing christian, however, my personal faith is filtered through one small but very important (in my opinion) verse of the Bible. John chapter 13, verse 34: So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. ".

There's no asterisk at the end of that. There's no small print, there's no terms and conditions that specify to love each other except for the gays or the muslims or the people who think stancing cars is a good idea or people who wear their trousers around their thighs or vegans or drug dealers or people that talk in the theater.

Everybody.

I might not personally agree with the life choices of the people at that club (i'm aware that straight people go into gay clubs as well - I actually went into a gay bar in Ghent while on Marlowes germanian stag do, and whilst we were unaware at the time we entered, I've never felt tarnished or anything like that. Good people are good people.) but they did not deserve to die. There are people now that will never see their children graduate from college, or get their first good job. People that will never again see their brother or sister or cousin. People who now have a massive hole in their life shaped like someone that was unlucky enough to be in a club when someone decided it'd be a good idea to start shooting. 

I might not agree with people about many things, and my personal faith may find some things 'wrong', but each man must meet his own test. If I say I'm a christian but then rejoice in people dieing, even if they're something I'm supposedly 'against', I'm a *suitcase* christian. 

More than that, I'm a *suitcase* human being.

Jo Cox, who today was shot, stabbed, and killed in Birstall (which isn't that far away from me) was a Labour MP. Whether you agree with her policies, or her parties policies, or any other aspect of her life, there is a husband this evening who faces the bleak reality of never waking up next to his wife again.

There are children who will never again see their mum smile at them, or pick them up from school, or see her on her feet in rapturous applause at an assembly or play.

Those children will never be able to introduce their future partners to their mum.

That husband now has to raise those children alone. The very children he helped bring into this world with his wife, who is now gone forever. They will be a constant reminder of what he has lost.

If you can read these stories in the news and not feel moved to tears, then please, shut up and keep it to yourself. 

1st, Johny_Blaze, I'm sorry man, I really am. I hope you'll find peace of mind and happyness quickly. Matter of fact, I hope we all do.

2nd, "thou shalt not kill"

One of the basics of many religions around the world yet one of the most forgotten ones. Just as love isnone of the basics. Defying gay love but having no problem with people being killed is why churches run empy yet mentally weak people go radical. Hypocrisy.

Religion is a cancer, for how many have been shunned, betrayed, tortured and killed in the name of religion?

And yet, just as cancer, it is a natural thing to Believe. Because religion also brings hope, care and peace of mind.

We need a belief, somehow.

I'm not so sure anyone needs a belief in some higher power.  It just makes no sense to me.  The sooner humanity rids itself of religion, the better.  People that think they need religion can focus their energy, whatever on some real, tangible thing that actually has a positive impact on something.

And I believe religion is a cancer, radicalised or not.  It's just a control over the weak.

You do know praying helps people focus (like meditating) and that focus leads to them finding strength in differcult situations? Everyone has thier own 'way', doesn't make one way wrong. Some people think, some pray. It's all contemplation in the end.

Me, couldn't careless what people believe in. Which makes me hypocritical but also reinforces my previous sentence (I don't care what people think). In every society/religion there is always *rickroll* heads. It seems *rickroll* heads can be atheist, religious or agnostic.

*rickroll* heads find reason for thier *rickroll* head ways.

Bloody *rickroll* heads.

Humanity is the problem.

I know for a fact that there a number of people on this forum that have seen evil in this world.  If you haven't yet, you would never truly wish to see the things people have endured.  We can't control others, and no-one should ever aspire to do so, but we can however educate.  Extremism in all forms is a psychological impulse that humans have and is incredibly hard to counter - arguing against someone's beliefs will actually solidify their viewpoint making them less likely to change their mind (shown currently in Brexit, feminazi's and religious extremism across the globe).  Every group has extreme ideologies and that will never change.  It's desperation that leads to unfortunate outcomes.

We have to live in a world that is consistently violent, dark and evil.

"War, war never changes."

I've never heard anything about extreme humanists shooting people or fundamentalist atheists blowing people up.

To deny that religion is used to motivate people to commit atrocities and to justify the otherwise unjustifiable is to delude oneself.

Archived