My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Post the dashcam footage anyway? Even if it isn't too spectacular. It'll find it's way to the piston heads *suitcase* driving dashcam thread and maybe show someone up as an *albartroth* heh.

HOLY *fruitcage* YOU GUYS, *fruitcage* HELL!

so I've been binge-watching Scrubs whilst revising stopping distances et al, and I've gotten to Season 6, episode 7. There's a soldier in L'hospitale and blah blah blah war in iraq blah blah blah.

Right at the end, the janitor goes "In my opinion we should be looking for Bin Laden in pakistan."

That episode was first broadcast in February, 2007.

Where was bin laden found?

PAKISTAN.

IN 2012.

WHAT THE ACTUAL *fruitcage*!?

Are you going to PNC his plate and go all Batman on his *albatross*?

Do eeet.

As I was off duty, I called it in on 101.

It may have been reported as a fail to stop RTC, and I may have RPU (road policing unit) chasing it up. I may have just had a phone call from comms stating they are mowed out due to being understaffed, but I'll defo get a call tomorrow...

Post the dashcam footage anyway? Even if it isn't too spectacular. It'll find it's way to the piston heads *suitcase* driving dashcam thread and maybe show someone up as an *albartroth* heh.

It would be the worst footage ever. No mic, a car barely over the white lines, and then a slight jolt. I've seen the abuse given on the Facebook dashcam pages, no thanks!

There are a couple of dashcam groups on Facebook to post it on as well.

But better off sending it to your insurance company with a claim for the damage and/or the local police to go and have a stern word with the driver.

This. See above. Will see what the cops say, and if it goes nowhere, I'll chase him (or her, allegedly...!) through insurance :)

Something tells me the driver may have had a stern talking to already. . .

Spider senses and all that.

Nar, not yet. He (or she...) is in for a shock though!

He couldn't have done it to a worse person really.

Hope you and the boy are ok bud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! We are fine, it was in a 30 zone, so pathetic really, but I refuse to be out of pocket for someone else's *suitcase* driving. I thoroughly recommend front and rear dashcam for everyone, it's an *albartroth* covering exercise. Especially as they are for pennies on eBay. Was in the wife's car, and she had me remove it as it was 'distracting' but I thought "it's Sunday, nobheads will be out", and must have had at least 4 offences on it in a 25 minute journey. Won't chase those, just the twat who drove his shiney new ferrari in accordance to what his paper license said, ie 'tear down dotted line'.

Like I said, I let a lot of stuff go. Unless it's going to cost me for their ineptitude. Then, *fruitcage* 'em.

It could be the classic 'I didnt agree to it so I'll moan about it'. Or, this is possible, it could obstruct field of vision. Tiny amount mind, but it changes it just enough to annoy. Like a tiny mark on a pair of sun glasses. Always there and always a constant reminded. Look at me. Look at me. Look at me.

Look at me.

A sprinkling of ocd and something like that would/could drive you bonkers.

It's because the screen is 'always on'.

Even though it's mostly hidden be the rear view mirror, and the screen goes to auto off after a couple of minutes.

Women...

Edit, it may be that it's in the field of view, she is massively OCD about things :)

Can you set it so the screen goes off faster?

Mine has settings for that.

Use the incident to justify dash can necessity.

You can, 'but it's still there'.

I'll sort it so there's one on board, just well hidden!

Bloody estate agents. Me and the other half are looking at moving and found one place we both like but had questions about the flat roof. When we asked her about the roof she said it's not a problem, but speaking to an independent mortgage advisor and friends of her family in the building trade it turns out that type of roof is renowned for developing leaks which are bloody expensive to fix.

It's one thing to big up or play down certain parts but to outright lie about it is another. Also it's possibly not a good sales technique as it puts me off wanting to do any business with the whole company.

Mind you, thev look on her face when she realised she'd been rumbled was brilliant

Archived