My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

In theory it shouldn't be so bad once my beard comes through, which it is (Same chemical, DHT, is linked to both beard growth and mpb) - So I could get lucky that way. Who knows though. It could just be that my hair started to recede and I've only just noticed, rather than full-on hair loss. 

Well, that explains my absolutely terrible facial hair, but on the upside - my hairline isn't going nowhere.

But, for something completely different - the weather here is thoroughly British, 15 C and pissing rain since wee morning, and it's driving me *fruitcage* MENTAL. That and I have a date with some loony bint that's supposedly a friend of my acquaintance.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was in my 20's, I used to be paranoid about loosing my hair. It wasn't until I contracted Chicken Pox when I was in my mid 30's did it start to vanish. It went so slowly that I wasn't really bothered about it. I'm now in my mid 50's and I've got a 'traffic island'. I just don't care anymore.

Ouch.

You're supposed to use them on *other* people.

Interestingly, I have a 6 D-cell Maglite with one of those bezels as well as a tungston carbide glass breaker tailcap.

In the event I use it to investigate "suspicious noise" at night - how illegal would it be to *fruitcage* up the burglars I find in my house with it? ;)

I've got a 4D with a terralux LED upgrade for 'night inspections'. It's by the bed, easy to find in the dark, a familiar pattern - no modes to forget how to use - and of sufficient weight to hopefully break a window in case we get trapped in a fire. that is all it is for. It is to hand for those reasons.

As with everything, it depends if you prevent them from escaping (the thieves always try that on in court, after getting a kicking) and if you used reasonable force. Always make sure the call in has the phrase 'threat to life'. Though, to be fair, most low life thieving bastards leg it if caught/disturbed.

Some will fight if you're between them and an escape route. If you're calling, say the above. You're panicking and worried what they will do to you/your family. No guarantees. And if you chase them and kerb-stomp them, you're *fruitcage*ed.

Your looking for the words 'reasonable force' and 'felt justified at the time'.

After I marmelise Mr Burglar with the maglite, I'll put a knife in his hand.

That ought to cover my back - knife > torch in the hierarchy of weaponry.

Heard that from an ex cop actually. Kept a cricket stump under the bed and a kitchen knife. May or may not be true, but an interesting gamble!

Losing my hair :(

Going to go full treatment mode I think. Prescription medicine to slow the decline and slowly divert funds for a transplant op or two later down the line. I had no idea this would affect me as much mentally as it has so far!

As said, embrace it. It's less to cut, less to wash, ie you're in the pub faster! I'm losing mine, and what's left is going grey. Don't care one jot, and I clip it at home, saving me hours a year waiting at the barbers :)

Embrace it.

Just shave your head and go all Heisenberg on anyone who says anything negative about it.

This.

Premeditated now.. unlucky. ;)

Also this. Delete your posts!

I was about to say, do you have some kind of problem with baldness?

I resemble that comment.

[img...]

Don't waste your money, in stead of looking bald you'll just look like a bald guy with plugs and no money.

See, this.

Embrace it, spend the money on stuff instead.

The only image I get in my head when I hear of male hair treatments is Donald trump...

Thanks man, yeah losing it at 23 isn't exactly ideal! I'd probably be OK with starting to lose it at 30.

Thankfully it looks like the anti-mpb medication one can get nowadays is actually fairly successful at severely retarding hair loss, but you have to put up with growth/shedding cycles. I'll book a GP visit in any case.

Worst comes to worst I'll shave it all off and look awful for the rest of my life.

I started losing mine at 18, transplantation doesn't work.

Deal with it

3b0b195bd424d420060b8025aaa90c2f.jpg

Still haven't been seen for this *fruitcage* op that I was referred for originally in 2012 was promised it in December signed the forms told 3 months and then the *Ubarflock* 'forgot' to put me on the *fruitcage* waiting list and since all my other referrals are on hold till this ops done....

All because of an arrogant *fruitcage*wit SHO who didnt listen for 2 *fruitcage* year's and fobbed off their *fruitcage* staple CRUSHING the main nerve in my foot as normal post op paun. Reported in an apt twelve years ago.

AAAAAAND they probably aren't liable for any of it as 'administrative errors' despite ruining my *fruitcage* life making me unemployable and giving me an OxyContin dependance.

As for the spastic thing... I use it generally to make other people uncomfortable justifying it as 'I'm allowed to' because I hate this life so much if I couldnt make myself laugh id cry and snap

Why do people feel it's OK to come in and ask for things with no relevant information?

If you wanted new brake disks for your car, you'd surely have more information than "the discs are round, you know the ones"

Why do people feel it's OK to come in and ask for things with no relevant information?

If you wanted new brake disks for your car, you'd surely have more information than "the discs are round, you know the ones"

"no, sorry, I've no idea what you're on about. They are square on most vehicles."

Nah m8 their all the same innit

Every damn time.

Incidentally it's not car parts, that's just the analogy I throw at then so they realise how stupid they're being.

I just don't understand why the plumbing and heating trade attracts this kind of stupidity on a daily basis.

My other favourite is "show me them all, I'll recognise it"

Pricks.

Dates with loony bints are always entertaining! Mine was so entertaining I've ended up asking her to marry me, so be aware!

Mine wasn't.

Not only she's so ugly I avoided looking at her (luckily it was raining and I said that rainy weather always gets me down, and I also had the hood on, mercifully blocking my peripheral vision), but she also barely said anything.

And then she revealed she was stalking me on Facebook for the last three months. Seriously, that's *fruitcage* terrifying, any normal person would have enough after reading couple of my rants! Worse yet, she apparently didn't get the message when she asked if I wanted to run away, and I responded with very blunt "I'm seriously considering it now!"

Was she a master of the camera angle? I'd been chatting to a lovely lass for a week or so, eventually worked out her FB name and threw a stalk in..

She's morbidly obese just with a pretty face.

It's false advertising!

I had one of those. Honestly I don't know why they do it. If you want to find someone who is actually attracted to you then you need to be honest. There are enough guys out there who are attracted to the larger lady.

cropping-a-picture_o_828411.jpg

Isn't it great how carrying a few extra kilos makes a girl hideous to so many people?

Some of you need to read back over the comments made in the last few posts and have a long hard think about yourselves.

I'd also be surprised to find every one making negative comments about others' weight were perfect physical specimens themselves.

Isn't it great how carrying a few extra kilos makes a girl hideous to so many people?

Some of you need to read back over the comments made in the last few posts and have a long hard think about yourselves.

I'd also be surprised to find every one making negative comments about others' weight were perfect physical specimens themselves.

In my case I see no problem.

I went for a girl that was not my type of girl at all and thus lost my self-respect for a while. All because of alcohol. Young-uns beware!

Was she a master of the camera angle?

Well, some people just can't look good in photos, so I assumed from those few *suitcasey* photos she had she might have been nothing special.

Turns out, she's really that orc-faced. And worse yet, I'm kinda suspecting she might be one of the functional shortbus crowd.

I wouldn't make it a problem if she had a pretty face but was tubby. That can be fixed.

Archived