My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Isn't it great how carrying a few extra kilos makes a girl hideous to so many people?

Some of you need to read back over the comments made in the last few posts and have a long hard think about yourselves.

I'd also be surprised to find every one making negative comments about others' weight were perfect physical specimens themselves.

That girl is carrying more than a "few extra kilos" - she is on the high end of obese!!! 

Not too fussed what people think of who / what I find attractive - each to their own.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I was a perfect physical specimen, I wouldn't be out running all the time.

However, I think you'll find I never said there was anything wrong with bigger girls, I only have a problem with the deception of creative angles/cropping.

Surely there's only mounts for certain size fans in the case?

Just get more smaller fans.

I put a fan in every possible fan slot in the last desktop I built. All temperature controlled ones. They never ran above minimum speed because there were loads of them.

aaaaaaaaaaaaand my PSU has just shat itself.

*fruitcage*.

Don't have a spare one of those.

I had one of those. Honestly I don't know why they do it. If you want to find someone who is actually attracted to you then you need to be honest. There are enough guys out there who are attracted to the larger lady.

cropping-a-picture_o_828411.jpg

Ropey in both picks IMO.

Moving swiftly on.

I could probably do with some more cooling in my pc, I think heat may have been a contributing factor to why my psu died.

Why are decent 140mm fans three times the price of decent 120mm fans!?

I have a closed loop H80 CPU watercooler here doing nothing...

Insurance due next week.

Brokers tried calling me 7 times today while at work. I answered the fourth to say I was at work but I had received 2 text messages reminding me so was aware it was due and would be handling it at the weekend.

They call me again as I'm sitting down at home with a well deserved cup of tea, so I think fine, I'll get my renewal quote now.

Girl on the phone isn't even an agent, she just mans the auto dialler, introduces the call and puts you through.

On hold for ages while it rings.

Get through to a guy who takes my postcode and puts me on hold. I sit on hold for about 5 minutes then get cut off.

In less time than I was on hold for to the first clowns, I just managed to get a fresh quote online for another company, pay for the policy, and received my insurance docs by email.

Moral: they say the personal touch is dead. No wonder, people are the weak link.

80/100/120 on the top and bottom, 120/140 on the side.

Found some NZXT ones for not too much so but the bullet. Will have an over 100% increase in fan quantity come tomorrow evening.

Bugger :(.

Remove all the dust from between cooling elements from the CPU, GPU and ... wel... any cooling elements you find.

Sometimes, yes, you need to carefully remove a plastic shroud for it. Use canned air and a small brush.

Also, premium 140mm's like Noctua are worth it, they also come with a few years warranty, are quiet and will last you a long time.

I have my Noctua's since 2012, nothing but good news. Greater airflow with less noise.

Go for a BIG cooling block instead of closed loop if you have the money and space/compatibility.

They cool a bit better, can be fitted with 2x150 (! ) mm fans if you wish so ( no need though ) and are quieter.

I got a 20°C drop coming from a Corsair H100 to a Noctua D14s. 

Also check you thermal paste, it's easy to apply and helps quite much!

I have a i7 3930k and I can almost cool it passively with that block.

Last but not least: a few slow 140mm are always better than loads of 80, 90 or even 120mm fans.

Try one 140mm front, one 140mm back OR top and at least a 120mm on the CPU.

Want more? Upgrade CPU to 140mm and 1 more at the front.

It's really all you need. 

Cheers. I've only space for two 140mms on the side, front back top and bottom are 1, 1, 2 and 1 120mms, respectively. I'll drag my tower to work tomorrow and use the arilines to clean everything out. Eaiest that way.

I've got the OEM cooler on the CPU. would like a better one but i'm not overclocking it so it's done fine.

Ok after the forum banging on about them I joined the think pad master race unfortunately through being bedbound and I'll it's been used hard as I'm sat in bed, iv eaten at the pc and travelled with it and yeah.

The other day mu 9 key jammed on so popped it off and the 8 key as well to take a look and fix the issue . That fixed it but... My 8 key isn't working. What should I do?

Also how do you put the key itself back on?

How do you just have this stuff laying around!?

Too much money?

No mates who are into PCs that are behind me on the upgrade slog.

Therefore nobody to give stuff to.

At some point this year I'll get a 4K monitor and I'll have 3x1080p monitors going spare.

I got a new CPU closed loop because I switched from AMD to Intel and I had lost the Intel adapter plate for the H80.

Found it now of course.

I had a load of low capacity SSDs cutting around from when I switched to M.2 drives.

I farmed what I had out to the laptop swarm but I only have so many laptops so I gave some away.

I'll get a GTX 1080 soon (or a 1080ti if Nvidia release it before I save the money) and I'll have the other HD6950 going spare at that point.

I'll then watercool the entire *bramston pickle* and at that point I'll have an H100 going spare and maybe a Silverstone FT02 case if I watercool a custom case (like I want to).

Used PC parts are basically worthless and if you guys need them, you get them.

It's like pay it forward with PC parts.

Maybe one day one of you will play GTA 5 with me so I don't have to interact with the randoms.

What I'm getting at is that of you want the H80 you can have it, if not I think I have some case fans in the box too...

Edit:

Ok after the forum banging on about them I joined the think pad master race unfortunately through being bedbound and I'll it's been used hard as I'm sat in bed, iv eaten at the pc and travelled with it and yeah.

The other day mu 9 key jammed on so popped it off and the 8 key as well to take a look and fix the issue . That fixed it but... My 8 key isn't working. What should I do?

Also how do you put the key itself back on?

Welcome, we love you.

Also, it depends on the model of laptop.

Please tell.

Some are fiddly bastards, I might be able to post you an entire keyboard assembly, depending on the model.

Cheers. I've only space for two 140mms on the side, front back top and bottom are 1, 1, 2 and 1 120mms, respectively. I'll drag my tower to work tomorrow and use the arilines to clean everything out. Eaiest that way.

I've got the OEM cooler on the CPU. would like a better one but i'm not overclocking it so it's done fine.

Well, 120 are better than nothing :).

When using airlines: be carefull, low low psi. You actually can break off capacitors with a high psi airblast, since soldering is a electrical connection, not mechanical ( it's not load bearing)

Ps. Stock heatsinks are heatstinks xP

Try 'silentpcreview' in google for in depth psu, fan, hdd and such reviews. It's all about noise or lack there of ;).

All up to you ofc :)

Some low life scum has decided to dump a *suitcase* load of rubbish in the middle of the road on a steep hill just after a corner on a small single track rat run short cut I use to get home. Had I been going any faster than 25 I'd have hit it and been in a right state. Skidded to a stop as it was. I just can't understand people's logic to do something like that!

Still, called 101 and reported it spoke to a nice bloke who's gonna get it cleared up ASAP apparently. Thanked me for my call and said itd be nice if there were more people like me and thanked me for using 101 rather than 999.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stunt I love this ThinkPad it's massive and heavy but.. ThinkPad is love ThinkPad is life model acxording to the number on the screen surround is the T510

I replied in the computer thread.

Basically because that laptop design is over 6 years old I'm afraid the spare parts are...

All over the place and still being manufactured by Lenovo.

Thinkpad is love.

Archived